- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

sorry this has taken forever! i had writers block on this one but i think i'm finally up and running again :) 

The day we were leaving for Tampa, Emma wasn’t feeling too fantastic. I kissed her on the cheek to wake her up.

“Emzie, come on sweetheart. Time to go.”
“You go without me Nick. I feel like shit.’
“Why Em?”
“I think I’m getting the flu. I don’t want to give it to you. Seriously, you go.”
“No, come on. We’ve been looking forward to this. You can sleep in the car alright? Everything is all packed.”

She groaned and rolled over to go back to sleep. I picked her up out of the bed, bridal style and took her into the garage and put her in the car. In her pyjamas.
“I hate you.”
“You love me, just go back to sleep little darlin. We have a long drive ahead of us.”
“Thanks Nicky.”
“I’ll stop at the pharmacy and get you some flu tablets.”

 

After four hours of driving, we stopped in a little town and I went to the boot of the car and got out a tshirt and a pair of jeans for Emma.

“Baby, wake up.”

“Where are we?”
“Just a little town in DC sweetie. We’ve been driving for four hours. Here’s some clothes to get changed in the service station bathrooms. I have to fuel up. Would you like something to eat?”
“I’ll meet you inside and choose then.” She replied half asleep
“Okay, come on sweetheart.”

 

Four hours later it was about four o’clock in the afternoon and we stopped at a hotel for the night. Emma went into the bathroom and had a shower and changed into a pair of pyjama pants and a tshirt of mine and curled up in the bed.

 

“Em, if you go to sleep now you won’t sleep tonight.”
“I feel horrible.”
“How about, I give you a massage and go and buy us some takeaway and some flu tablets and put on a movie and you can fall asleep?”
“Okay.” She groaned.

“That’s my girl.” I replied, kissing her forehead.

 

The next morning, we got up at about eight o’clock and Emma was feeling a lot better.  She had a bit of colour back in her face too.

 

“So baby, do you reckon we’ll get to Florida by tonight?” she asked as we drove along the highway
“I sure hope so, you need a bit of sun.” I smiled as I gently ran my finger over her rosy red cheek.
“I know, I need to get a tan. I was never allowed to when I was doing Ballet, because it made our leotards look weird.”
“It must feel good knowing you don’t have to rehearse that intensely anymore.”
“It does feel good but I’m really excited for Japan though. It’ll be good to do different styles of dancing rather than just Ballet.”
“Well there’s a bit where I have a solo part and some ballet would fit in well.”
“Well I’ll only do it if you agree to get into a leotard and some soft shoes.” She teased.
“You’re kidding sweetheart, right?”
“Yeah, but it’d be nice just for me to see.”
“I love you but no way!” I laughed.

 

When we finally got to Tampa, it was eleven o’clock at night and we were both exhausted after sharing turns driving. We pulled into my family’s property and I took our bags to my shack and I showed Emma around.

 

“Did you design this all by yourself?” she asked.
“I had the idea of a shack in mind for my house yeah. See I bought the land for my family and each of us has our own house. Aaron’s is more like a bachelors pad for a fourteen-year-old figure that one out? Angel’s is like way too girly, Leslie’s is pretty simple and BJ’s is too. Mum and Dad have the house just as we drove in. Pretty much everyone but me goes there for dinner and breakfast and stuff.”
“Oh awesome. I can’t wait to meet your siblings tomorrow.”
“I just warn you, BJ and Leslie can be quite judgemental so don’t worry about them too much. My Mum can come off as a bit of a cow but she’ll be alright. My Dad is awesome, I’ve told him all about you and he thinks you’re a good influence.”
“Just how many girls have you bought home Nickolas?” she asked as we sat on the couch.
“Three, but they were all pretty toxic relationships. This one is perfect.”
“I bloody hope so cause I love you.” She smiled.
I picked her up off the couch bridal style and carried her into my room. I gently placed her down on the bed.
“What are you doing?” she asked.
“I love you too.’ I replied as I gently kissed her.

“Are you trying to get me to sleep with you?” she asked.
“No, not at all baby.” I smirked.
“I’m tired, come on. Go shower and we’ll go to bed.” She replied as she pushed me off her.

“But…”
“Nick, don’t push it. Soon, I promise. I want it to be perfect.”
“Oh okay.” I sighed.

 

The next morning, Emma was sound asleep and I had my arm draped over her chest when I woke up. I kissed her cheek and just watched her sleep. My phone beeped on my bedside table. I checked it to find a text from Aaron.

Are you at home?!
Sure am Bro, Just don’t come in cause Emma is still sound asleep. I’ll come up to the house when she wakes up. She hasn’t been too well.

Okay, see you later. Mum and Dad aren’t in TB at the moment. They’re in LA organising Leslie’s record contract so it’s just BJ, Angel and I.
Seriously? I told them we were coming like a week ago. Oh well.
I know, you know what they’re like. Go back to bed bro. It’s early!

What time is it anyway?

6am

You woke me up why?

Cause I know you love it :)

Later

 

I dozed off to sleep and when I woke up later, Emma was sitting on the edge of the bed putting her converse sneakers on. She was dressed in denim shorts and a t-shirt. I sat up and quietly moved to wrap my arms around her waist.

 

“Oh hey sleepy head.”
“What time is it baby?”
“Midday, you must have been exhausted from driving. Do you want to go for a walk on the beach?” she asked.
“Yeah sure. Put some flip-flops on though baby.”
“Oh okay.”

 

When he got down to the beach, which was about a two-minute walk from my shack, I took Emma down to the end with the rock pools where I used to take Aaron when he was younger. There was a rock that had been eroded out by the water that we could sit in and watch the water.

 

“Listen Nick,” she said as I put my arm around her shoulder.
“Yeah baby,”
“I promise I’m not trying to lead you on when it comes to sex. I want to give myself to you, but the only memory I have of sex is what happened with David and it wasn’t very nice. I want it to be special, perfect. Candles, the feeling like you actually love me. That’s what I want sex with you to be like for my first time.”
“Well if that’s what you want my darling then that’s what you’ll get. You know I love you with everything I have. If I didn’t we both know neither of us would be sitting here right now.” I replied before I kissed her ever so passionately.

 

She pulled away smiling, “I know, but sometimes, I need reassurance that I’ve done the right thing.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

please please review xxx