- Text Size +

Jane
Image

Stella
Image

Alex
Image

Jack
Image

Firstly what is a best friend? There are many different ways to explain what a best friend is. A best friend is a person who is meant to be there for you no matter what. A person who knows when you are sad, who can made you smile by just being by your side. A person you would drop everything just to be with you, a person who you can trust with your life. Who will keep your secrets, from the world and who understands, the truth behind your tears.
I had a friend like that, he was everything to me. I trusted him and he trusted me. But something went wrong along the way. Something cause us to fall apart, something caused us to fight, to yell, to finally break up.

We’d been best friends since first grade. Our mothers are best friends and our Dad work together, so we were inseparable. But now he doesn’t want anything to do with me. He is falling off the grid.

So my name is Jane Carter but mostly people just call me Jasey. It is my final year of school and it is my mission to get my best friend back. His name is Alexander William Gaskarth. He is my world, my rock. I know what you’re thinking; I’m in love with him. Well you are wrong.

“Jasey?” asked one of mine and Alex’s friends Jack. I blinked my eyes and smiled at him. Jack is a tall skinny guy but hand him a guitar and he just goes crazy. That’s just kinda who he is, crazy and out there. We were sitting outside on the flat at school on Monday morning. It’s been about a week since Alex and I had our major fight.

“Sorry what did you say?” I asked. He rolled his eyes.

“You never told me why you and Alex aren’t talking to each other?” he asked. I sighed resting my head on his shoulder. The school year had just started last week and that’s when Alex just stopped talking to me for no reason. Well not really no reason. During the winter break; Alex’s band All Time Low. Yes he is in a band. Don’t get any ideas about that. The band is made up of Alex as the lead singer, Jack as the lead guitarist, Zack Merrick who plays the bass guitar and back-up vocals and Rian Dawson who plays the drums. They have been best friends since year 9 when Alex and I moved schools from a private school to public. Jack thought we were weird when we first came but then Jack and Alex became friends at once when they found out that they both had a love for music. Now they you can’t part them a part. Then at the end of the year they became friends with Zack and Rian. That’s when they formed the band All Time Low. They are my friends too, I’m not a slut. I just get along with guys so much better than girls. Although I do have one best girlfriend named Stella. So that brings me back to winter break. Alex, Jack, Stella and I were driving to L.A to give a demo to the different record labels. Stella was flirting with Jack and Alex the whole trip. I kept telling her what she was doing and that she doesn’t have to right to date my friends. She just said I was jealous that Alex liked her and not me, which is a load of bull shit. I don’t get jealous, and anyways Alex and I are just friend. Sorry back to the story. So we were in L.A enjoying the sunshine and the beaches. Alex asked me on the three day in L.A if it was alright for him to ask Stella out. I just laughed at him.

“Really Alex, you want to go out with her?” I asked laughing at him. He raised his eye brow at me. I bit down on my lip and smiled.

“Please sweetie, I really like her” he begged me. I sighed.

“Tell me what you like about her and do not say her looks” I hissed at him. Stella has long blonde hair and a fit body. She is perfect, yet she thinks she is fat and needs to go under the knife which isn’t true.

“Her smile, her laugh, her humour, her personality” smiled Alex. I sighed. I really didn’t want them to be together but if he’s happy than I have to be.

“Sure” I said. He pulled me into his arms. He brushes a piece of my long reddish brown hair behind my ear. I looked into his brown eyes. He smiled as he looked into my blue eyes. He rubbed his finger down my cheek. I started to blush. Alex chuckled, about to pull out of our embrace but I pulled him back.

“Jasey?” he asked but before he could say anything else I pressed my lips to his. We kissed. We pulled back. I grinned bitting my lip. Okay so yeah, Alex and I kissed during winter break.


“YOU KISSED HIM?” yelled Jack. I laughed, I looked up at him.

“Yeah but I haven’t finished” I said. Jack nodded. So after Alex and I kissed we just sat in the hotel room staring at each other not saying a word.

“Alex?” I asked walking over to him. He got up and walked away from me. I sighed.

“I didn’t think that you liked me that way” he said messing with his hair.

“Neither did I, but I guess I do” I smiled. Alex shook his head.

“No, no, no. you are my best friend” said Alex muttering to himself. I sighed and sat down again and waited for him to say anything. That’s when the door opened.

“Alex, I know that you are best friends with Jane and everything but I was just wondering if maybe, I don’t know if you would want to go out with me?” asked Stella as she walked into the room not really looking up from the floor. I glared over at Alex who mouth for me to hide. So I hid behind the bed and waited to find out what Alex would say.

“Stella, I… I don’t know what to say because I think I might like Jasey too” said Alex nervously.

“So you like me?” asked Stella. Of course she would just hear that and nothing else. I popped my head up to see what was going on and to my surprise they were kissing. Okay, that my queue to leave. I made my way out of the room and bolted out of the hotel. I just sat outside the hotel for a while until Alex found me.

“I’m sorry” he said.

“Oh really, if you were sorry you wouldn’t of kissed her back. You would of stopped, pushed her away” I hissed at him.

“Jane please don’t do this” he said.

“Don’t do what Alex, so you my feelings?” I hissed again.

“you made it clear that you don’t want me with Stella” he yelled back.

“That because you are my best friend and she is my best friend and you don’t know what she is like” I yelled.

“Just admit that you love me?” yelled Alex.

“Why would I admit something that isn’t true” I spat back.

“Fine Jane, you’ve made it clear” yelled Alex turning away from me. So that was our first fight. Not the full reason behind why we aren’t talking to each other.

Chapter End Notes:

please comment :)