- Text Size +

Meet Jasey Rae
Image

Meet Alex
Image


“I’m still alive but I’m barely breathing” I sang loudly. I was unpacking my final box. My family and I just moved from Australia to America. Yeah I know it’s a big move but Mum thought it was worth it for her and Dad to get better jobs as a fashion designer and a lawyer.

“Sweetie keep it down, or close your door” yelled Mum. I laughed to myself. I’m not a bad singer, but when I sing loudly, it sounds horrible. I paused my iPod touch, so I could hear what mum was saying.

“Sorry Mum. Do you need a hand?” I asked walking out of my room to find Mum. This house was huge. It was going to get some getting used to. My place back in Australia is tiny now compared to this.

“No I’m good sweetie. Go check on your father outside” said Mum popping her head out the door from down the hall from where I was standing. I smiled at her before walking towards the stairs.

“Oh Echo dear, could you ask your father to hurry up as well” yelled Mum. My mum must have been high when she named me Echo Jasey Rae Granger. I hate my name so much. All my friends back in Australia called me Jasey. No one back home knew my first name and it’s going to stay that way here. I walked down the stairs and opened the front door to find Dad talking to a lady with short messy hair and there was a young boy next to her. Damn he was hot with his messy brown hair. I quickly walked back inside; finding a mirror making sure my long brown hair was straight and behaving itself. I checked my makeup and outfit glad everything was good. I walked back out the door.

“Dad, oh sorry” I smiled to the lady and her hot son.

“Its fine sweetie, this is Haley and Alex Gaskarth” smiled my Dad.

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Jasey” I smiled. Dad shook his head at me. He doesn’t like it when I introduce myself as Jasey instead of Echo.

“Oh what a pretty name, it was nice meeting you both but if you are going to come over for dinner I think I should start” smiled Haley before waving goodbye and walking next door. I smiled and waved. Dad had walked back inside leaving me alone with Alex.

“So your Dad was saying you’re my age?” asked Alex nervously rocking back and forth.

“Did he really?” I asked smiling at him.

“Yeah… so you looking forward to starting junior year?” asked Alex nervously.

“I’m sorry junior year?” I asked confusedly. This American school system is weird as.

“Year before senior” said Alex looking at me confusedly. I laughed.

“Right sorry, I’m from Australia, we just call it year 11” I laughed. Alex just nodded awkwardly. He is so cute. A black BMW pulled up behind Alex. Three really good looking guys got out of the car and walked over to us.

“Who’s the hottie Alex?” asked a tall skinny guy with messy black hair.

“Yeah Lexi, who’s the hottie?” I smiled.

“Oh she gave you a nickname” laughed the boy.

“Shut up Jack” yelled Alex hitting Jack playfully. I smiled.

“Yeah Jackie” I laughed. I’m not a slut, alright. I just get along with guys better than girls. I hate the whole girl girly, shopping and looking pretty. The only time I care about what I wear is when my parents are there.

“I’m Jasey by the way” I smiled.

“I’m Jack, that’s Zack and that’s Rian or Ri Ri” smiled Jack pointing to the boys as he said their names.

“It’s nice to meet you all. I’ll see you tonight Alex. See ya guys” I smiled waving goodbye to the boys. I could hear the boys whispering about what I meant by seeing Alex tonight. I smiled to myself. I was going to get along with these boys well. As I walked inside Dad was standing there arms folded.

“What?” I asked putting my hands on my hips.

“Why don’t you like your name Echo?” asked Dad.

“Dad you know why. And please Dad, you always call me Jasey” I said. Dad relaxed and pulled me into his arms. Yes, I’m a daddy’s little girl.

“I’m sorry sweetie. Now go get dressed” smiled Dad kissing my forehead. I nodded and walked upstairs. Now what was I going to wear? I’m going caring cause if I just show up in a hoddie, skinnies and Connies Mum would kill me. So I have to look my best.

“Dad! Formal wear or casual?” I yelled out my door.

“Nice casual, dressy” Dad yelled back. I sighed that still doesn’t help me. I sat down on my bed and looked out my window to see a shirtless Alex. I laughed. Boy next door meets the innocent girl. Alex heard me laugh and looked over at me. He shook his head and opened his window. I stood up and opened my window too.

“Why were you laughing at me?” asked Alex, smirking at me.

“The boy next door stereotype that you see in all the cheesy romance movies” I laughed.

“And what’s wrong with that?” he asked folding his arms over his buff body. I was surprised I wasn’t blushing; if I was I couldn’t tell.

“Its cliché, that’s why and never, works in the real world. Even in movies it fails. I don’t believe it cliché stereotypes, it’s over rated” I said folding my arms.

“Whatever you say, now get dressed and get over here” smirked Alex. I shook my head closing my window and curtains. This was going to interesting.


Chapter End Notes:

comment please :)

 

Tell me what you think :)