- Text Size +
Five A.M. Parker had woke me up in the middle of the night before but I'd just barely left her. Seemed like some guy was always getting her ass in trouble and this time was no different. Well maybe just a little. I was involved this time as well. I should have known the tall blonde kid was trouble the minute he walked through those ornate doors at Casa DeLange acting like he owned the place. He thought he was pretty slick and Parker thought he was the hottest thing on the planet but let me rewind a bit.

Parker and I have been friends for years so when she came to me with this hairbrained scheme to get the Backstreet Boys to the Casa , I was like 'good luck with that'. I've been to that place. It's flipping creepy inside. It's charming exterior is it's deceit. Her idea was to get them there to spend a weekend for their favorite charities. They weren't told until their arrival about the freaky shit that they had to encounter to receive those donations. Myself, money or not, I would have run screaming for the door but these are men we're talking about after all. God forbid you challenge their masculinity!

But I'm straying again. I was about to roll over and catch a couple more hours of sleep when the insistent knocking on the door made it impossible to stop keeping time with the throbbing in my head. I threw a robe on over my granny nightie( I'd spent enough time in my undies all weekend but we'll get to that later) and stumbled down the stairs. Before I could even reach the foyer, they started in on the doorbell. Damn! I looked out the peephole and didn't recognize the parties standing on my porch so early in the morning. I hit the speaker."Can I help you?" My voice startling them but they figured out where it was coming from.
"Are you Vikki Sanders?" The female person said.
"Who's asking?"
"We're with the police department. We'd like to come in and ask you a few questions."
"Can I see some identification?" I wasn't trying to be difficult. You just never know what kinds of lunatics are out there anymore. After holding up their respective badges for me, I opened the door.
"You're a lot more cooperative then your friend. I hear she's a real charmer," the lady commented.
"Well you can't be too safe being a single woman these days," I returned with a smile while all the while I wanted to kick the shit out of her for insulting me. I'm nothing like Parker. Maybe a speaker at my door seems a little pretentious but I do live alone and I don't let just anybody in. If that makes me pompous and arrogant, so be it. Never hurts to be too safe. "You seem to know who I am so may I ask your names?" As I led them to a couch in the living room. May as well get comfortable.
"You can but-
"I'm Detective Hanson and this is my lovely partner, Detective Langley," the male interrupted before she had a chance to be a total bitch.
She glared at him then looked back to me." Let me get right to the point Miss Sanders. One Mr. Nick Carter came to us claiming you and your friend abducted him. Do you know anything about this?"
" I know him."
"But you had nothing to do with his abduction?"
"Seriously? Parker is smaller than I am! Do you really think even two women of our stature could overpower him?"
"He claims you drugged him and tied him to a bed."
He enjoyed it." Am I be charged with something because I've got a business to get back to in about three hours."
I could see the smoke coming out of Detective Langley's ears." Just answer the question and we'll be on our way."
"I don't think so."
"Then we'll do this our way. Until we get some answers, you're coming to the station with us."
"I am?" I challenged. Unless I was being charged with a crime, I was under the assumption that I didn't have to go anywhere with them. I guess I was wrong.
Detective Hanson pleaded silently with me to just cooperate with her.
"Let me get my house keys cuz I know you won't let me change."
"You're a lot smarter than she is too,"Detective Langley snipped.
Woman was on a fucking power trip. No wonder her partner was afraid of her. I, however, wasn't. I responded with a simple statement but it was enough to send her blood boiling."Not really. I just know how to choose my battles." Little did I know she'd slap the handcuffs on me no sooner than I had grabbed my keys. Bitch!
"Was that really necessary Kate? She just made comment on her personality. She wasn't insulting you,"Detective Hanson said; attempting to defend me despite his fear of the slut.
Reluctantly, the woman removed the metal bracelets." You're still coming with us."
Really? Did she think I was going to run? Where would I run to? I was in my own house for cryin' out loud! Detective Hanson led me out to their vehicle She just hated me and I don't know why. If I were a guy, I would have done her. However, I would have done her partner. Boy was hot! Made the neverending drive to the station more bearable. Like you wouldn't have looked at him! It's not a crime! And I must be incredibly hot when I'm looking my worst because he was saying all the things he shouldn't be saying to a ' person of interest'. When we arrived he helped me out of the car. Kate was not liking it at all. Maybe she was his girlfriend. That'd be my frickin' luck. Him trying to piss her off. He escorted me to the nearest interrogation room.
"Kate will be back shortly. In the meantime, can I offer you anything to drink?"
"Coffee would be nice. And your name." He was gonna flirt, so was I. He kind of reminded me of that hot little latin guy from the weekend. Usually wasn't my type but.....let's just say he was easy on the eyes.
"Matt and just so ya know, Kate's usually very polite,"He remarked with a wink before leaving me alone.
I could get used to that but what was I gonna do about Parker?