- Text Size +
A half hour after Detective Precision ran from the room he was back with a huge smile on his face. I didn’t like his smile at all.
“It seems as you’re out of luck.” Detective Precision said sitting down at the table.
“And why is that?” I questioned.
“It seems that Mr. Anderson is out of the country right now and can’t be reached.” He said smugly.
It figures that the fucker would be out of the country when I needed him. I’m going to rip him a new one when I see him next.
“Fine then I’ll be leaving.” I said standing up. “And I will be taking Vikki with me.”
“Neither of you are going anywhere.” He said and slammed his hands on the table.
“Then fucking charge us with something.” I said throwing my hands up. “You can’t do this, I know my rights and you’ve violated pretty much all of them. Now get Kyle in here.”
“He can’t be reached.” He said and made to grab my arms.
“Touch me and I will have your badge faster than you can say NKOTBSB.” I said and backed away from him.
He clenched his jaw and sat back down.
“Like I said before, I’m done playing games. I’m not someone you can push around.” I said and leaned on to the table to look him in the eyes. “Yes I may be a rich Daddy’s girl, but I’m not stupid. Now I would love some breakfast, I’m not picky so whatever will work. And then I would LOVE the use of the phone because I will get Kyle down here, even if you don’t want to try.”
He opened his mouth to say something, but I held up my hand and cut him off.
“Don’t say anything else to piss me off, because you are already skating on thin ice.” I said and waved my hand towards the door. “Now go.”
He stood up and shook his head. As he was reaching for the doorknob someone swung the door open and nailed him in the face. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. I didn’t want make it worse.
“Uh, sorry Sir, but there’s someone here demanding to see Miss. DeLange.” The poor boys rushed out.
“Who is it?” Detective Precision asked wiping his face.
“Kyle Anderson.” He said and backed out of the room quickly.
“Hmm, imagine that.” I said laughing softly.
Detective Precision turned and glared at me then stormed from the room.
He returned shortly with Kyle right behind him. I was so happy to see Kyle, even though I could see on his face that he was not happy to be here.
Kyle walked past Detective Precision and sat down next to me at the table, while Detective Precision sat across from us.
“So can you tell me why you’re holding my client?” Kyle said setting his brief case on the table.
“Kidnapping, drug use and rape, and that’s just the start of list.” Detective Precision said sliding the folder to Kyle.
“And what evidence do you have backing up Mr. Carter’s claims?” Kyle said not even opening the folder.
“I have plenty to send both your clients to jail.” Detective Precision said and folded his hands onto the table top.
“Oh you mean the evidence that you collected while illegally searching Miss. DeLange’s propriety?” Kyle just raised an eyebrow.
“How………what?” Detective Precision stuttered out.
“The gardener called me shortly before I got the call about Miss. Sanders.” Kyle sated. “He didn’t like the police going through Miss. DeLange’s propriety. She’s always been a kind boss.”
“I’m sure she is.” Detective Precision said and snorted.
“There will be no demeaning of my client in front of me, Detective Precision.” Kyle said as he eyes flashed in anger.
“How did you meet such a fancy lawyer as Mr. Anderson?” Detective Precision asked.
“We’ve known each other since we were kids, not that it’s any business of your.” Kyle said.
“Kyle, I really need to get out of here, Mama and Grandma will kill me if I’m late.” I said.
“I talked to your Mom on the way over. Don’t worry, I told her I’d drop you off on the way home.” Kyle said patting my hand while he turned to Detective Precision. “Now when can I take my clients home? I think they have been through enough.”
“They aren’t going anywhere until I get some answers.” Detective Precision said and slammed his hands on the table.
“Unless you charge them with something, you can no longer hold them. Actually they should have been sent home a while ago.” Kyle said. “Do not be surprised if this police department gets sued for your behavior.”
“You wouldn’t.” Detective Precision snarled.
“You have a temper issues that need to be dealt with. I don’t want you anywhere near either of my clients.” Kyle said standing up. “Come on Parker we are leaving.”
I stood, looking anywhere but at Detective Precision. I had no idea what he would do once he realized that this would be the end of this, well on their end anyways.
Detective Precision just sat at the table with his bowed as we walked from the room. I almost felt bad for him, key word, almost. I hoped Kyle slapped him with a huge lawsuit.
I almost ran into the back of Kyle as he stopped in front of the door that would lead to Vikki. I hope she was okay and wasn’t hurt.
“Everything okay?” I said peering over his shoulder, I loved being taller than him.
“Everything’s fine, I want you stay out here.” He said looking at me. “And don’t piss anyone else off, okay?”
“Fine.” I said rolling my eyes.
“I mean it Parker.” He said sighing.
“I know.” I said and leaned on the wall. “My lips are sealed.”
“This shouldn’t take long, I hope.” He said and sighed. “Then we’ll go get you something to eat.”
“Thank you.” I said. “I know I don’t say it enough, but I really mean it.”
“We are going to have a long talk after this.” He said and opened the door and stepped through.
I sighed and leaned my head against the wall.
Once we were out of here, it would be time to start planning pay back for Mr. Carter. There was no way I was going to let him get away with this. I wasn’t one to be messed with. And I didn’t care what anyone said. I was going to get my revenge.
He has no idea what he’s started.