- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hey, so this is the first fanfic I've written in nearly 10 years so I might be a little rusty! I don't normally write fanfics but this idea has been in my mind for weeks and it wouldn't leave so I figured I should write it down!

Well where can I begin? From the beginning of course. Living in the big apple hasn't always been as glamourous as the way people see it on shows like "gossip girl" or "the city". Even though it's been a struggle, I wouldn't trade it for the world.My name is Alyssa and I was born and raised in New York City.It's all I've ever known for these past 26 years, but I feel like it's time for a change. I've been working for Universal Music Group for the past 3 years. How can a girl land  such a job you ask? Well a lot of positive energy, patience, and tons of ass busting work. Specifically four years in the prestigious New York University. My college days were far from easy; constant all nighters, working weekends at a local bar in the Lower East Side trying to make some money as well as build my network with anyone who could help me break through the music scene. Soon enough I was friends with party promoters  And local DJs who knew someone; sometimes it was legit while other times it was just talk. Regardless of it all, I learned to not take no for an answer, you gotta keep pushing till you get what you want and that's exactly what I did. Those four years really tested my desire to work in the music business, but once I walked across that stage at Yankee Stadium and received that degree, the fruits of my dedication never tasted sweeter.Working at Universal has been an amazing experience. Just like every success story you've heard about paying dues, mine is no different. I started off as an intern and once college was behind me I blossomed into an A&R Coordinator at Universal, which is the biggest music group worldwide. You can definitely say that my "Sex and the City" dreams were coming true.I had Carrie's Manolo Blahnik shoe obsession, Samantha's sassy confidence, Charlotte's Conventional upbringing mixed with Miranda's career driven ways. Being a woman in this industry is tough but I'm here to leave my mark. I've been hearing at work of a new project brewing and my names been thrown around as a consideration to take part and I'm definitely anxious to know what's it all about. All I know it's that it's in California, but you know what they say about New Yorkers; "If you can make it here you can make it anywhere".