- Text Size +

Fixing up my new apartment was a mission, I finally had people come in and paint the apartment but now I found myself in a huge mess; boxes everywhere and I had an awards show to get ready for. The awards would be starting at 5pm since it's supposed to show at 8 eastern time so I was definitely in a time crunch. I managed to go to my hair appointment and do my make up. LA traffic was such a bitch that I had to leave earlier than usual. I did a last minute check on myself in the mirror; hair was great, make up on point, dress looks good. I grabbed my clutch and headed out. 

 

Traffic in downtown LA was no joke. It was a struggle to get down there, caravans of stretch limos, police patrolling the streets, it was definitely a zoo. I pulled in at one of the entrances and the valet took my car and I headed inside the venue. People were already taking their seats and I made my way over to where I'd be sitting with Jenn. The show started with a bang, as Rihanna took the stage and sang her current hits. The show was amazing so far but I couldnt help but feel jitters just thinking of the crowds reaction when these boys would perform. I took out my phone and sent a massive text to all the boys wishing them them luck. They all replied with "thank you's" except Nick of course. I felt my phone vibrate , a message from Nick"Where are you?" he wrote, "In the audience duh, break a leg tonight, super excited for you guys!" I replied. I went on to enjoy the rest of the show ,my phone vibrated once again "Thanks, let's meet up after the show" it was Nick again, I didn't answer and put the phone away. 

 

After nearly two hours, the boys were on. As the screens went up and revealed the nine guys standing there, the crowd erupted in cheers and applauses and got on their feet excited to see the performance these boys would deliver. I couldn't help but get excited, not only because of the fact that they were performing in the show but also because I felt the hint of nostalgia of when I was  just a young girl watching them in concert. They sang their hits "Everybody", "I want it that way", and " Larger than life" while the New Kids sang "Step by Step" "Hangin tough" and "The right stuff". Their dance moves were on point and the singing was superb, I took a look around me and found everyone singing along to "Larger Than Life". The two groups were on rising platforms as confetti was shooting out into the stage and crowd. I think it's safe to say this was a success.

 

As soon as the show ended, I went to the boys' trailer with Jenn. The scene backstage was chaotic as many celebrities were mingling, while others were headed to their limos to make their way to the afterparties Hollywood had to offer. We walked in and found the boys getting their things together. The trailer was pretty spacious with a couch and TV as well as a table stacked with drinks and food for the boys to indulge in. "You guys were amazing " I said as I took a seat next to AJ who was putting his lap top in book bag. "My fucking ear piece was acting up" Nick said clearly upset. "It was off by a second, honestly it's not as bad as you think" Jenn assured him. "She's right, you jumped right back into place anyways, just enjoy the fact that you guys had a great performance" I said trying to assure him that it really wasn't as bad as he thought. "Im pretty happy with how we did tonight, crowd seemed to like it" Brian said as he put his jacket on. The boys were filing out of the trailer, and we were saying our goodbyes. "Well I'm gonna see you guys later, I have a flight home to catch" he said while hugging his boys, he turned to me " And I'll see you in Miami in 2 weeks right?" he asked giving me a smile "of course I'll be there, tell Leighanne I said hello" I replied. "See ya, gotta go" Brian sang as he left. "Well I gotta get going, I have a ton of things to unpack still" I said as I turned to everyone. "No flashy afterparties tonight?" Howie asked. "Nope, its just me and my boxes, I have a TV that I have yet to install" I replied "Want any help, I could come over" Nick offered. "I'm sure you have better things to do Nick" I teased. "No I'm serious, we'll get some food And we'll fix some stuff up. Maybe put up the TV and we'll watch the performance again tonight, you wanna?" he asked. His offer was tempting, I wouldn't mind the help and he was pretty fun to hang out with. "Deal" I replied. We all said our goodbyes and I went home while Nick went home to change to then come over. 

 

I made it home and quickly went to change. The five inch heels murdered my feet. Once I took those shoes off I welcomed the pain that soon felt like an immense relief. I changed into shorts, a pull over hoodie and some flip flops and began opening boxes. My packages ranged from Dishes and appliances to speakers and DVD players. I'm never gonna finish this. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. I went to open it and found Nick standing there, he traded his slacks and blazer for basketball shorts and a sleeveless t shirt. I led him into my living room, which was stacked with all sorts of boxes. "you weren't kidding when you said you had a ton of stuff to unpack, did ya?" Nick said as he looked around. I groaned, "tell me about it". "How about we pick up something to eat, come back and eat here and get started" Nick Suggested. "Sounds good" I said picking up my apartment keys and shoving them in my pocket.

 

We made our way downstairs and into Nicks car. We were aimlessly cruising the streets. "So what do you wanna eat?" Nick asked. "is there a burger joint or something around here? I've been craving some serious junk food" I replied switching the radio station trying to find something good to listen to. Nick looked at me and laughed "what?" I asked "I'm inviting you out to eat and you want that?" he replied shaking his head in disbelief "Well you asked what I wanted, that's what I want" I replied."Theres an In-N-out near by" Nick said as he made a right turn. A couple of blocks down and we made our way to the drive thru. Nick groaned, "I can't believe I'm about to eat this stuff, do you know what this will do to me". Nick sounded worse than a girl, usually the girl is the one to opt for a salad, since when is the guy all worried about his figure. "How many pounds have you lost?" I asked. "About 65 or so" he answered tapping his finger on the steering wheel. "I remember when you looked-" I said "like a whale?" Nick interrupted "yeah I know,I was such a fucking fat ass, I ate like a beast". I looked at him to make sure he wasn't offended or anything. "Actually even when you were a 'whale' you were adorable" I said pinching his cheek, hoping to boost his ego a bit. He gave me a smile."see, there you go, just consider this a celebratory meal for tonight" I said sweetly "Fine but for this, your ass is going hiking with me" he pointed his finger at me.  We were next, and we placed our orders , having some burgers, fries, and big milkshakes. 

 

We made our way back to my home as we were walking back to my apartment I felt Nick put his arm around my shoulder. "You're short" he said. "Anyone is short next to you" I giggled. We made it to my apartment and placed our food on the coffee table as we sat on the floor across from each other. We were soon indulging in our food, "So I think we should play a game" Nick said arching his left eyebrow "What game?" I asked wondering what could he possibly want to play. "21 questions, now you have to be completely honest, no bullshit" he said as he ate a fry. "How old are we again?" I laughed "Come on dont be a pooper, this will be fun. Oh a personal questions count too" Nick said. "Fine, you start" I said "Let's start easy, what  was your first impression of me?" he asked "Honestly before I ever met you, I totally pegged you for a famewhore" I started "A fame whore? Why?" he asked looking at me intently waiting for an answer. "Just 'cause of what I used to hear about you, well more like what the media portrayed you like but after spending time with you, I noticed you're pretty humble with a hint of a weirdo" I teased "well gee thanks" he replied as he stuck his tongue out at me. "My turn, were you in love with you know who" I said, immediately regretted asking the question. Nick sighed, "Well damn you went right into the deep shit, by that you know who I'm guessing you mean Paris, honestly I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't because I did but that was also a fucked up time in my life, I was drinking and partying doing a load of coke, I was out of control but I mean I was young , and the thought of being with someone as famous as I was appealed to me. I was another person then. I look at the bigger picture now and I know that I'm the one that was better off " he replied "I'm glad you see it that way" I replied "How about you have you dated a famous person?" he asked "Maybe" I replied while I sucked on the straw avoiding his glance "You have, havent you. Who is it?" he exclaimed suddenly being all interested in my dirty laundry. "Come on, I opened up about dating Paris, now you gotta spill it too" oh man, what did I just get myself into. "Fine, I didnt have a relationship with a famous person but I did go on a couple of dates with Taio Cruz, there I said it, happy now!" I said as Nick began singing the chorus to "Dynamite". I threw fries at him "Idiot" I laughed. "who would have thought, so what happened there?" he asked "Nothing, I just didn't feel like dating a singer was the thing for me, cool dude just not for me" I replied as I cleaned up the mess I was making on the table. "Dating a singer ain't that bad, think of the perks; they write songs about you and can sing you to sleep, what girl wouldn't like that?" he said "Sounds amazing" I replied sarcastically. "Wait I almost forgot, this is the perfect oppourtunity, who's your favorite backstreet boy?" he asked with a grin."Dude, you're not gonna let that go are you?" I replied laughing at his persistence  "Nope, come on let's hear it" he said waiting for me to reveal the answer to the golden question. "I you must know, it's Kevin" I replied giving him a shy smile, I can't believe this ass is putting me in the spot. He made a disgusted face "Kevin?! Tall dude with bushy eyebrows Kevin?" he asked in disbelief "Yup, got a problem?" I played along "Well damn I thought you had better taste" he teased "How about we start setting up this TV, if we wanna catch the show" I said as I got up and took the trash over to the kitchen. 

 

We Worked together in carrying the TV into its place, I almost dropped it because Nick wouldn't stop making me laugh that I would lose my grip. We kept our 21 questions game going while we worked. He talked about his love for Japan while I talked about my dream to go to Italy. He spoke about where he wanted to with the next group album and I spoke about where I would take him. We eventually set up the TV and cleared up the living room, catching the performance they had just done hours ago. We stayed up through the night just getting to know each other and laughing about random things till I could barely keep my eyes open and Nick took it as a hint to leave. It was great to not only have a colleague but a friend in this crazy city.