- Text Size +

To say the "International Luv" deck party was a success would be a huge understatement. Drinks were flowing and the music was pumping, setting the tone for this trip. Poor Howie had way too many drinks and went to bed early, leaving the rest of us to party on  for him. I tried staying up as late as I could, by four o'clock in the morning I found myself in the comfort of my  bed still in my dress and heels. I woke up with a mild hangover but I was on a cruise, this was no time to be in bed. I got up and checked my phone for the time, 9 am. Not bad considering yesterday's shenanigans. I nearly forgot that I was to meet Tessa and James today.I desperately  needed coffee. Finding the coffee shop was a mission,the ship was a gigantic maze but I finally found it oddly situated by the club and  the casino. I grabbed my coffee and went off to the Palladium Theater, where the boys were rehearsing for the concert scheduled on the last night of the trip.

 

Walking in I saw  the boys on stage doing their dance routine to "We've got it going on". I took a seat in the front row, bopping my head along to the song as I sipped on my coffee. How these guys had the strength to dance after a night of hard core partying is beyond me but I had to give them props for it. After the quick rehearsal , I walked up on stage. "Well good morning you hardcore partiers" I teased "I don't know about Howie, he kinda just disappeared on us" Brian replied "I drank way too much, I couldn't see straight anymore, I dont even know how I got into bed" Howie defended. "You're not so bad yourself New York, you know how to party" AJ said giving me a pound. I chuckled "Well I try". "Hopefully Howie doesn't fall asleep on us tonight again, you grandpa" Nick teased as he lightly pushed Howie. "Shut it Nicky, I'm gonna go now, I'll see you guys later" Howie replied. "I'm gonna go catch up on some sleep, later y'all" AJ said "I'm sure you need some sleep after flashing your cock to half the people on the ship, that must've  worn you down" Nick said with a smirk, I couldn't help but laugh remembering AJ standing on top of the bar drunk off his ass pulling up his kilt and flashing his underwear causing camera flashes to go off non stop. "Fuck you dude" AJ chuckled flipping Nick his middle finger as he walked off. "Oh Nickkk" I said in a sing song tone "Yeah?" he asked grabbing a bottle of water "Are you doing anything?" I asked sweetly "I was thinking about going into town" he replied "Oh me too, I'm actually supposed to meet my bestfriend in about 30 minutes, she's a fan and she couldn't come on the cruise because she's with her fiancé scouting locations for their wedding. Is there any chance you would come with me so she can meet you" I asked a bit afraid of what his reaction would be "Yeah sure why not, but security has to come" he replied as we walked off stage . "Not a problem, thanks by the way" I said "You're welcome punk, now let's get going " he replied as we went to our rooms to retrieve our stuff and made our way out of the boat and onto the streets of Key West.

 

We walked down Duval street, a strip full of  lively bars that had music blaring even at this time in the morning. It was a party town even if it was December. We walked towards the bar where I was supposed to meet up with Tess and James. "She told you to meet up at Ricks?!" Nick exclaimed "Yeah?" I answered "Man, this place used to be my spot back in the days, I haven't been here in ages" Nick said with a hint of nostalgia "Come on, she's upstairs" I replied as we walked in. We made our way to the second floor, a terrace looking over Duval street perfect for people watching. I spotted Tess looking at her phone probably wondering why I took so long. "Tess!" I called. She looked my way and smiled. We walked over to their table "So Tess and James, I'd like you to meet Nick..Nick this is my bestfriend Tessa and her fiancé James" I said as they shook hands and everyone took a seat. "So how's the cruise going?" Tessa asked. Nick and I looked at each other and laughed "It's definitely going...alot of fans,events,parties..it's pretty cool" Nick replied. "I wish you guys were with us..how's the wedding planning going by the way" I asked "It's going good, we decided to do the ceremony on the beach, then the reception will be outside at The southernmost house" Tessa replied "Sounds romantic,can't wait" I said while James laughed and looked at Nick "Women" "tell me about it" Nick laughed. "Hey!" I exclaimed while giving Nick a slight nudge in the arm. "So how is Aly behaving?" Tessa asked, I groaned "she's good so far, nothing crazy..yet" Nick replied as he arched his eyebrow at me. "Oh brother, you guys I'm a big girl I know how to behave"I said "Right, says the girl who hopped on the bar at coyote ugly and couldn't be taken down" Tessa replied and stuck her tongue out at me. I felt my cheeks suddenly feel warm "I was like 21 and it was because we finally took all of our finals, you know I don't pull those stunts anymore" I said. As everyone in the table laughed. I was definitely going to kill Tessa the next time I had her alone.

 

Lunch went great but it was time to head back to the ship. We took a group picture which I had suggested knowing Tessa wasn't gonna have the balls to ask. We said our goodbyes as Tessa and James were off to their hotel and we were on a trolley making our way back to the ship.I was gazing at the scenery passing us by, "So you were a wild one, huh" Nick teased  "Right, more like a nerd" I replied "Tessa was more of a party girl than I was, even though I was the one working at the bars". "So are you ready for round 2 tonight you wild child" Nick asked "Yeah but I'm gonna have to need a power nap if I'm gonna stay up through the night with you boys" I chuckled as the trolley came to a stop. A line was forming as we walked towards the entrance, fans were shouting Nicks name from different directions just hoping to get a smile or at least quick wave. To think that nearly 10 years ago I was one of them and now  working beside them, it's a crazy way how life works. Once we made it through the crowds, Nick went off to the Palladium theater for the Backstreet Q&A, while I went to my room to get some much needed rest. 

 

Sitting in a chair in my balcony,taking in the view of the crystal blue ocean in front of me I felt my phone vibrate. A message from Tess, "Thanks for today, Glad you're having fun you deserve it PS Nick is fucking hot"

 

I laughed, Tess was too much "No problem darling, hope you guys have fun in Key West PS I'm going to kill you" 

"Why?"

"For your little coyote ugly story"

"Oh shut up, Nick thought it was cute, btw you guys are cute together u should totally hit that"

"STFU, I'll TTYS , xoxo"

 

After a long nap it was time to glam up for formal night followed by the Masquerade deck party. I slipped on a gold sequin dress, put my heels on and I was ready to go. I was applying the last bit of make up as I heard someone knocking on my door. "Whoa baby someones dressed to kill" Jenn said "Why thank you darling, as do you" I replied as I spun her around. Rochelle and AJ walked over to join us "You women are looking fucking gorgeous tonight" AJ said as he gave each of us a twirl. We then walked to the elevators which  began getting crowded as fans were trying to get pictures with AJ, who took as many as he could before the elevator doors opened and we  made our way to Dinner. At the Universal Dining Room everyone was dressed to impress, girls wearing beautiful dresses of all different colors and styles. I complimented as many girls as I could knowing the effort they must've put into their outfits so they could look just right.  I sipped on my glass of wine as Rochelle was filling me in on her wedding details also letting me know that I was invited for the festivities. I didn't know them for a long time but I knew she was the right one for AJ, they complimented each other in every single way and I was happy that they could eventually have a future together. While discussing Vera Wang and Alexander McQueen we were interrupted by flashes and shrieks as Nick walked across the dining room and took a seat at our table. "Geez Carter, you sure know how to make an entrance" AJ said sarcastically . "My bad" he replied  sheepishly as he glanced over to Rochelle and I.Dinner was great as we dined and spoke about what we would all be doing after the cruise as well as Christmas and New Years Eve plans.

 

It was time to hit the lido deck for the masquerade party. It was a sea of color- glitter, beads, feathers, and masks. The music was pumping and the drinks kept on coming. I looked over the railing as everyone was looking up at the boys as they threw beads in all sorts of directions. Brian came over my direction and put his arm around me "You know what, I'm glad you're here, you're the shit" he said chucking. Someone had obviously had a little bit too much to drink but then again no one on this boat was sober. "Thanks Brian, you're the shit too" I replied lightly patting his chest. Leighanne pulled me over to the center of the "stage" and We started dancing to "Masquerade" , she went on to the edge of the balcony to get everyone pumped as Brian came over and grabbed her a gave her a kiss in front of everyone which caused an uproar of cheers. I felt someone tug my arm and spin me around, Nick was standing there with his mask on with a drink in his hand as he started singing his part of the song

"I gotta know the girl behind the mask

Let me in, where you been, don't pretend

Dreamed that I had her alone

Show your face to me, we could be everything" 

We was stroking my cheek with his his index finger As he sang to me and if I said I didn't feel my heart flutter I would be liar. He pulled me into a hug, "you look gorgeous tonight " he said into my ear rather loudly. I pulled my head back to look at him as I rested my hands on his chest "and you're drunk" I laughed as I lightly pushed him off "I'm not I swear" he said raising his right arm with a deadpan face. I rolled my eyes "Righttt" I replied. "Ok, I lied I am drunk" he giggled "but you are looking fucking amazing". I blushed "Thanks, how about we go get another drink" I said as we walked to the makeshift bar at the VIP section. I'm definitely loving this cruising thing.