- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Decided to post  two chapters tonight :)

"It was all a dream..." my phone alarm was going off , groggily I picked it up and Looked at the time 7:30 am. Usually this was the part that I jump out of bed and run to the shower but before I could do any of that, I soaked in my surroundings, Im in a the other coast of the country I thought. I had nothing to do this morning so I had no real motive to get out of bed which is always a treat but considering New York is three hours ahead, I felt ahead of the game since I still had jet lag that wouldn't matter considering tomorrow I was back home. I walked out to the balcony and took in the fresh air and took in the beauty before me, the waves crashing and the sun slightly risen. It felt like today was going to be a pretty productive day. Yesterday went pretty smooth, the guys were great and hilarious. I can only imagine what they have planned out for tonight. 

Since I was already up I opted for a morning workout at the gym in the hotel. I needed to get my stamina back up especially if things were going to get as hectic as they seem to be getting. Yesterday I got a copy of the schedule and it looks brutal but with patience and a couple of ass kickings, things will definitely get done. Last night I made a list of producers that would be great to work with which I'll let Jenn know about when we meet up this afternoon. 

 

After my gym session, I went back to my room took a warm shower and ordered some room service. My phone vibrated and I saw I got a text message; "Heard you were in LA, wanna grab lunch?" I debated whether I wanted to answer but I caved and answered "Sure, place and time?" My phone vibrated once again "The Ivy, 12 pm?" , "Sure, see you then".

I lounged around my room till it was time to go. Drew drove me all the way to Beverly Hills. Sure I had a successful career and I had money but I never liked places like The Ivy and the whole hype around it. Los Angeles was filled with way too many fame whores for my liking. Once we arrived I walked in and spoke to the hostess. "Do you have a reservation?" she asked cheerfully. "I'm actually meeting someone here, my name's Alyssa Battaglia" I answered. "Oh right,  come this way" she said with a smile. She guided me towards my table and I finally saw her. When she saw me she got up and gave me a hug. "Oh my god Al it's been so long since I've seen you!" she exclaimed as we both took a seat. "I know Carrie, it's been way too long" I replied. Carrie or Caroline Goldstein as her birth certificate reads, is David's only daughter. She was a total daddy's little girl with a promising model career in the works. She was a 5 foot 10 golden goddess ,even on her most shittiest day she could out-do anyone around her. She was definitely a spoiled girl with David wrapped around her finger which has to partly do with the fact that Carrie's mother died of breast cancer when Carrie was only 12 years old so David felt that he could somehow fill that void with trips around the world and multiple cars. I knew that even though Carrie was my "friend", she felt as if I were taking the father away which wasn't the case. David was willing to help me because he saw my potential but sometimes carrie just didn't see that. We were two completely different people, while I was graduating college and building my career , Carrie was too busy being a socialite and partying with Paris Hilton and the gang. Regardless of all of that she had a good heart and we always kept it friendly. 

 

It had been about a year since I saw Carrie. Since her 25th birthday ,that ended up being on of the biggest parties in Los Angeles, her father even had Neil Diamond perform "Sweet Caroline", a song David used to sing Carrie to sleep every night since she was a kid. "So dad tells me you might be relocating over here" she said as we looked through our menus. "I'm thinking about it, but if I do I won't be living here all the time, I love my apartment in New York way too much and plus that's where my family is" I replied. "I hear you took a gig with the Backstreet Boys" she said as she sipped on her water. "I've hung out with Nick a few times, such a hottie ,I'm friends with his sister Angel, she was at my birthday party that you went to last year". "Oh really?" I asked not really remembering anything. "Yeah, well I'm excited of the thought of you living out here, I got a couple of guy friends I could totally hook you up with" she exclaimed, I laughed "slow down tiger, I just got here yesterday I gotta get settled before you start sending me off on your blind dates". We both laughed and placed our orders. The rest of our time together was spent discussing anything and everything that has happened to us since we last saw eachother. It was good to have someone in the west coast who I could call a friend because being in this alone is gonna drive me crazy.

 

After lunch with Carrie, I was off to Meet with Jenn at Prospect Park. We sat in her office just getting acquainted as well as discussing what we would be doing. "So what did you think of the boys?" she asked. "I think they were great honestly, they seem very easy to talk to and open to new ideas which will make it easier on everyone" I answered causing Jenn to smile like a proud mother. "They are, when I came in board four years ago, it was a smooth transition from their previous manager to myself" she said "But anyways, the boys are doing this collaboration with the New Kids, they got an appearance with Ryan  next week to make the announcement of the joint tour and to announce that they will be performing at the AMAs". "Wow, sounds good so far, how many tour dates are confirmed?" I asked. "We're announcing 9 initially and are still working out the rest of the dates, were doing 25 cities, depending on the reception then we'll know whether to add more shows in the US or if we should move on to The European Leg which would take place in the fall" she answered. Jenn showed me the Promotional Picture of NKOTBSB as well as the list of the dates that were confirmed. "We're working with Live Nation to get this tour together, so far it's looking good and it's going to bring in more crowds. The boys were doing amphitheaters and casinos , this tour they're doing stadiums again" Jenn said "We'll just schedule recording sessions between their time off, I got a few producers an writers who are waiting to work with them" I assured her. "The boys are also doing a cruise in December and they'd like you to come but I'm sure they'll speak to you about that tonight" Jenn informed me. A Backstreet Boys cruise, that could only mean a load of Obnoxious behavior. After my meeting with Jenn, I did some shopping and went back to my hotel to get some rest. I was taking a nap when I felt my phone vibrate, a text message from Alex "Hey babe, I'm picking you up tonight, be ready by 8 pm, hope you're ready to have some fun". I was excited to figure out what the hell was going on! 8 pm was only two hours away, maybe it's time to get ready...