- Text Size +

 

Flying back to New York was such a blur, I left palm trees, beaches and rodeo drive behind for buildings, crowded subways and Madison Avenue. As much as I enjoyed LA, there's no place like home. I was back in my office working on what I had been soon before I began my new position. I wanted to get everything done before I could give the boys my 100 percent. I'd be passing my current project onto one of my collegues who I know would do a better job than I would.

 

I was looking forward to meeting up with Tess, she wanted to meet up for drinks just to catch up on what I was up to in LA, she probably just wanted me to dish out on the boys. I swear that girl has an inner teeny just waiting to come out. Once I was able to get out of work I headed off to Rosa Mexicano , a festive Mexican restaurant with amazing margaritas. As I was walking towards the restaurant, I spotted Tess on the phone arguing with someone. As soon as she saw me she gave me a nod and said goodbye to whoever was getting torn a new one. "Well, well hello there miss Hollywood " she teased as she hung up her  call "Oh shut up, lets go in" I Said sarcastically, pushing her towards the door. We got a table and placed our orders. Tessa was looking at me smiling but not saying anything, this girl was freaking me out   "what the hell are you smiling at?" I asked. "I'm waiting for your ass to tell me how it went!" she exclaimed "How did it go?". "It went good, alot better than I thought it would" I answered "So how are those guys ,douche bags?" she asked "The complete opposite, they were amazing, even invited me on their cruise" I said. Tess looked at me confused "Their cruise? What are you talking about?" "yeah, they're doing a cruise in a month and a half, they said I could bring someone if I want. Do you wanna join me and the thousand other backstreet devoted girls?" I joked.  "You know I'd be all for it, but I'm gonna be in Key west with James looking at venues for the wedding" she replied giving me a pout. "I think one of the ports is Key West, maybe we could meet up and you can meet the guys" I offered. "That could work, meeting Nick Carter, oh baby. Is he as dreamy as he looks" she asked wanting to know all the details. "He's pretty hot, but you know I don't mix business with pleasure, I learned my lesson with that" I replied. 

 

I continued to tell Tess about karaoke and the upcoming projects the boys had lined up. She seemed so eager and excited she had an inside info that people didn't know yet. "So I had lunch with someone while I was in LA " I said a little weary of how Tess might react. "Who?" she asked. "Umm carrie" I replied waiting for Tessa's smart ass remarks. She looked in disgust "Why would you hang with that snob, no offense but I don't like the bitch". Tessa had no real reason to dislike Carrie, she just says she has a bad "feeling" about her. "what was I supposed to do? Say no?" I asked. "that's exactly what you say, Al I know she's your boss' daughter but the girl is a bitch, she puts a front like you guys are cool but she has a hidden agenda or something, every time you were working with an artist she always had to do some shit to try and ruin it for you, keep your eyes open because this new project you got going on right now is looking good and she will be the bitch to screw you over" she warned me. "I know, I know ; wanna know something funny? She's actually friends with Nicks sister and she's hung out with Nick a few times" I said , thinking of the coincidence. "You see! Keep your eyes peeled" she replied. "So I've been looking at listings in Los Angeles" I told Tess  trying to change the subject. "I can't believe you're leaving me " Tess said with an upset face "Oh be quiet , your already getting married soon and relocating to Chicago so technically you were leaving me first , and you know you can come crash over there whenever you or James want" I assured her. "You're the maid of honor of our wedding you better invite us there !" she exclaimed "Speaking of which, I say bachelorette party in LA?" I asked. "Sounds good to me, maybe Howie can be my stripper" she laughed. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of howie as a stripper, he was way too nice to be giving a bunch of girls lap dances . "I'll see what I can do" I joked. 

 

Dinner and drinks with Tessa was fun, she always knew how to but me at ease. I was really going to miss her once she moves to Chicago, leaving me with a bicoastal living arrangement. I just hope that I can handle it and I'm not forced to stay in one coast. We said our goodbyes and I hailed a cab and went home. I was looking forward to a nice quiet night at home catching up on Some movies while indulging in some wine. 

 

After a Long shower, I put on sweats and a t shirt and went straight to my bed. A big king size bed all to myself. This was the life, even though once in a while I wouldnt mind sharing my bed with someone. It's been so long since I've given anyone a chance I think I've become a little rusty in the love department. Ugh listen to me, I sound so pathetic. I turned on the TV and The Hangover was on, Bradley Cooper was such a stud. My thoughts were interrupted by my buzzer going off. I reluctantly got up and answered it. It was a delivery, I didn't order anything so I had no idea what it could possibly be. I opened the door to see a delivery guy holding a gigantic floral arrangement. I took the arrangement and placed in on the table wondering who could possibly send me this. A secret admirer perhaps? I took notice of a small card, I took it and opened the envelope and read the message which read "Alyssa, to new beginnings! Love, Alex, Brian,  Howie, and Nick" Those boys were too much, I couldn't wait to see them again.