- Text Size +

 

Two weeks flashed before my eyes and before I knew it I was back in LA. The boys had announced their joint tour with NKOTB as well as their performance at the American Music Awards. It was an exciting time for all of us, the promo for the tour as well as the show were on heavy rotation. The boys were spending their days in rehearsal, while I worked with Jenn arranging times where they could hit the studio for the new album as well as helping with the tour. I haven't seen those boys since our adventure at the karaoke bar but I was supposed to swing by rehearsals to meet up with Howie since he agreed to help me out with finding a place to live. I was ready to have a place of my own. 

 

After meeting with Jenn, I left Prospect Park and headed to the rehearsals. I hopped in my rented sparkling white Range Rover and made my way over. Having a driver was cool and all but I rather do my own thing. After finding a place to live I was gonna have to get myself a set of wheels. After a 20 minute drive, I was finally there. I walked into a rehearsal room finding nine guys dancing and singing. They were all in the zone, putting 100 percent into it. I stood on the side trying to make my presence unknown while the track was playing. Once the run-through was over I walked to the other side of the room where the boys were congregated. Their adrenaline was pumping. They were discussing something but then Howie turned around and saw me standing there. "Hey!" he exclaimed giving me a hug."Hey, you guys are looking good. The set up looks pretty good" I replied. By now the other guys turned around and found Howie and I talking. "Hey, what are you doing here?!" Brian said while he gave me a hug. "Keeping tabs on your asses" I joked. "Actually, Howie an I are gonna go check a couple of apartments, I wanna start getting settled out here". AJ came over and gave me a hug, "Well I think we're gonna run through it one more time and call it day" he said. I looked over at Nick who was focused on whatever he had going on his lap top."Earth to Nick!" Brian said as he waved his hand infront of Nick's face. Nick looked up at Brian "Huh? What happened?" he asked. " Quit being a rude ass, we have a visitor" he replied. He looked over and saw me there standing with Howie and AJ, he closed his lap top and walked over. "My bad I was looking at something and I kinda spaced out" He said as he gave me a hug "What's up?" he asked. "Waiting for Howie so we could go apartment hunting" I replied "Howie's like Donald Trump, you'll definitely find something, but if you need a second opinion I could go with you guys if you want" he offered. "Well if you have nothing to do after this sure you can come" I replied.  So it was settled, I was going hunting for an apartment with Nick and Howie. I took a seat and watched the boys do their thing.

 

Once the rehearsal was over, we walked to the parking lot. Howie made his way to his car as I made my way to my car with Nick on tow. "Damn look at you, a Range Rover," He teased. "It's a rental, don't get too excited" I laughed. "Can I ride with you, Howie can't drive for shit" he said. "How did you get here then?" I asked as we got in the car. "I came with AJ" he replied. We drove out of the lot and into the streets following Howie into the first location. In the car Nick and I would sing along to the songs in the radio. "So are you excited to the AMA's?" I asked quickly glancing over at Nick."Yeah, I mean I can't even remember the last time we've performed in an awards show in the US, everyone kinda thinks we're dead" he laughed. "Well I know I just came around, but I'm really proud of you guys, it looks like it's going to be a promising year" I replied. "Hope so, are you going to the show?" he asked. "I think so" I said. "Good, so you can see me shake my sexy ass" he said teasingly. I couldn't help but laugh at his cockiness."Wow, cocky aren't we?" I said sarcastically. "Hey you can't deny what's true" he said playing along. "Nick Carter you are too much" I said as we both laughed. "You aint seen nothing yet" he teased with that playful grin of his.I just rolled my eyes and laughed, I can't believe some girls would drool on themselves if he were to say that to them. We pulled up to the first location, it was medditeranean  style complex that was gated. It had a gym and pool and everything else I could ask for. I had a good feeling about this place.

 

We walked into the empty apartment which was in the top floor. It was really spacious with a descent size kitchen, large living room with an outdoor terrace, with 2 bedrooms. We walked into the master bedroom "So what do you think?" Howie asked as I glanced around the room making my way towards the walk in closet. I couldn't believe all the space I would be having, space in New York is so scarce that having a second apartment to spread everything around would be great. This place wasn't mine yet but I was already picturing where I would put some of my stuff. "I love it, this would be perfect, the size of this room is amazing, and having a spare room is good so I can have people over" I replied. "Everything is close by, The Grove  is a few Minutes away, there's restaurants and whatever you may need, there's also a church around here if you go to church" Howie said as Nick stifled a laugh causing us to look at him. "What's so funny Nicky?" Howie asked,completely oblivious to what Nick found so funny. "Church Howie? Are you serious, are you getting all holy and shit like Brian ?" He teased. "What's wrong with going to church? I actually go to church, dont you?" I asked "Nope, my religion is football and I attend the church of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers every Sunday" he replied sarcastically "Oh wow, that's one hell of a church" I replied laughing. "You know it baby" he said. I started walking out of the room and I turned and looked at Nick "Oh by the way Nick, the Bucs fucking suck" I teased and walked out of the room. I overheard Howie laughing at Nick. "oh hell no!" I heard Nick call out. Nick was way too easy to tease, he's gonna be fun to annoy. 

 

After looking through the apartment I decided this would be the place I would call home when I come to Los Angeles. It was spacious enough for me, especially that I would be out here alone. I couldn't wait to get started with decorating this place and giving it my touch. I signed all the necessary papers and the apartment was officially mine. I am now a resident of the state of California. Now all I needed to do was hire some painters and do some serious furniture shopping. Exciting times in California were sure to come, just a lot sooner than I thought.