- Text Size +

Nick woke up early that morning. He got out of his bed quietly so he didn't disturb his sleeping wife. He gave her a soft kiss on her cheek before leaving. He walked down the hall to his daughter's room and checked to see if she was still sleeping. Then he went to go check on his son. When he was sure they were both sleeping he walked down stairs and into the kitchen.

Nick loved his kids more than anything. But since he had been really busy the past few weeks working with the Backstreet Boys he hadn't been able to spend much time with them. He wanted to make up for that today.

When he was younger his parents had an Easter egg hunt for him and his siblings. He remembered how much fun they all used to have doing them. So he was going to set one up for his kids. Hidden away in the highest cabinet he had lots of bright colored plastic eggs filled with candy and money.

 

Nick had about half of the eggs hidden when his dog woke. When she watched him walk by she started barking. He ran over to her to try and get her to stop.

"Hey girl, stop that."

Instead of stopping, she barked louder and wagged her tail. He tried hard to get her to stop but she didn't.

"Do you wanna come with me?"

She wagged her tail even more.

"Alright come here Baby."

He picked Baby up out of her dog house and sat her down by his feet. Then he went to hide the rest of the eggs until they were gone, with her acting like his shadow.

 

Nick walked back inside and Baby followed. Instead of following him around more she laid down on the couch. Nick walked to the closet and pulled out two little baskets. He had a blue one that said Ethan and a pink one that said Rachel. There was a rainbow colored bunny in each of them. He set them on the table and walked back to the kitchen. He got there and saw his wife sitting by the counter.

"Honey what are you doing?"

"Getting an Easter egg hunt ready for the kid today."

"Oh so you're the reason Baby was barking."

"Yeah, sorry if she woke you Sarah."

"It's fine. You need help with anything?"

"Just with making breakfast."

"Yeah, you can't really cook."

Nick laughed and kissed her gently.

 

They finished cooking just as Ethan and Rachel ran into the kitchen. Both of the kids had big smiles on their faces. Sarah took the food to go put it on the table so the kids didn't knock it down.

"Daddy!" Rachel said and ran to hug Nick.

He picked her up. "How's my princess doing this morning?"

She smiled bigger and he gave her a kiss on the cheek. Ethan ran up and tugged on his pants leg.

"Daddy can we go eat now?"

"Yes we can. Come on."

He led his two kids to the table where Sarah was finishing putting the food on. She had also move the baskets away. Nick helped both of them sit down. The minute Ethan was sitting he started eating quickly.

"Whoa slow down there buddy."

"But I gotta eat fast Daddy. Then I can go sing with you today."

"But I'm not going today. I've got something special for you guys instead. But you gotta eat first, and slowly, oaky?"

They both said okay. Nick smiled and he and Sarah sat down with them.

 

Once they were all finished eating Nick helped the kids bring their plates to the sink and Sarah got the baskets back out. When they saw them both kids ran to the baskets. Ethan took his bunny out and started making it hop around the room. Rachel was taking the light pink ribbon off of the basket. When she was done she took it and the bunny over to Nick.

"Daddy can you put this on him? Mr. Bunny needs a bow."

"Sure baby."

He tied the ribbon lightly around the bunny's neck. He gave it back to her and watched her smile as she hugged it.

 

"Alright guys there is still more. Do you wanna know what's next?"

Ethan looked up, "Do we get nother bunny?"

"No you gotta help your Easter bunny find all his missing eggs."

Rachel looked sad, "Mr. Bunny lost all his Easter eggs?"

"Yeah, so we gotta go find them. Now where to bunnies live?"

"In my toy box!"

Nick chuckled, "Right Ethan but I don't think the Easter eggs are there. Where else do bunnies live?"

"Outside!"

"Right so let's got get our shoes on and go find them."
"Daddy...."

"Yes princess."

"What about Baby?"

Nick looked over at their dog. She was still on the couch sleeping.

"Why don't we leave her alone."

Rachel nodded happily and ran off to find her shoes. Nick walked over to Sarah and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her softly and she smiled.

"I knew you would be wrong Nick."

"What are you talking about?"

"You said when they were born that as they got older you would become a bad father."

"And...."

"You're becoming a great father."

"Thank you baby."

He kissed her again before the kids came back.

 

"Okay grab your baskets and let's go."

Nick led them out into their backyard and instantly Ethan ran off. Sarah followed him to make sure he didn't get hurt. Rachel took Nick's hand and walked around with him. She walked right over to the flowers they had planted in March and knelt down to look at them. Nick knelt down beside her. He watched Ethan and Sarah run around finding lots of the eggs.

"Daddy I found Mr. Bunny's eggs."

Nick looked at Rachel and saw she had walked down the row of flowers along the house. She was at the edge of the house now and had about 10 eggs.

"Good job princess. Where do you want to look next?"

"In the ose's."

"Okay come on."

They walked over to the rose and lilac bushes. Again Rachel looked at the flowers before looking for the eggs. Then she walked along the bushes picking up each egg she found. When she got them all she walked back to Nick.

"Wanna look anywhere's else?'

"No let's give them to Mr. Bunny."

 

They walked inside to see Ethan already opening up all the eggs that he found. Rachel started doing the same thing, but she gave everything to her bunny. Nick sat down between Baby and Sarah on their couch an watched them. Once Ethan was done he looked up.

"Tank you Mommy and Daddy."

"You're welcome Ethan. Don't eat all the candy now."

Rachel closed up all the eggs when she was done and put them back into the basket. Then she got up and hugged Nick.

"Thank you Daddy."

He hugged her back and kissed her forehead.

"You're welcome princess."

She walked over to Sarah next and hugged her too.

"Thank you Mommy."

"You're welcome."

 

The rest of the day Nick and Sarah played around with their kids happily.