- Text Size +
~Chapter Four~
It was late evening and we were snuggled up in the bed. It was nice just to be held like this after all the sex we had that afternoon. Brad wasn’t a snuggler and I was. It really made me happy that Donnie was too.
“What has put that beautiful smile on your face?” Donnie asked and kissed my neck.
I rolled over and looked at him.
“You.” I said and kissed him softly, but before he could deepen the kiss, I pulled away from him.
“What about me?” He said as he pulled me closer to him.
“Just glad that you like to snuggle after sex, sometimes it’s the best part.” I said and ran my fingers through his hair. “Not that I didn’t like everything else.”
“So does that mean your reconsidering?” He said.
I pulled away from him and slid out of the bed. I grabbed my robe that was hanging off the chair by the bed and pulled it on.
“Really you just had to bring that up right now?” I said and looked at him. “Why did you have to go and ruin the moment?”
“It’s not like I don’t have a right to know.” He said and sat up in bed. “This affects my life too.”
“I know that, but this isn’t what I wanted.” I said and shook my head. "I can’t stay married to you. I’m sorry.”
“Then why the hell did you have sex with me?” He said getting out of bed; not bothering to cover up.
“A reminder of our short marriage, nothing more.” I said.
“Why fight what we could have? If the sex was anything to go on, it could have been great.” He said.
“Because it’s so healthy to base a relationship on sex,” I said and rolled my eyes. “That’s bull shit and you know it.”
“Why is that bull shit? We could have something good.” He said.
“Do you really know anything about me? Because I don’t know shit about you, well besides the fact that you’re a washed up popstar.”
“What did you say?!” He said as he moved towards me.
“You heard me, you’re nothing but a washed up popstar.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“At least I’ve made a name for myself.” He sneered at me.
“I own my own business. I have many famous clients.” I said.
“What are you? An escort?” He said.
“Get the fuck out!” I said and glared at him.
“Fine by me!” He returned and pushed past me and out the bedroom door.
I just stood there and listened to him collect his clothes.
After I heard the door slam, shut I headed to the bathroom and climbed into the shower. I really couldn’t help but feel like I had just made the worst mistake of my life.
When I was dressed and ready to go, I pulled on my shoes, grabbed my purse and then was out the door.
I walked the short distance to Nick and Terri's room and knocked on the door. I kept knocking until Nick answered wearing only a sheet. I just rose an eyebrow at him as I pushed past him into the room.
"What the fuck Lex?" Nick said shutting the door behind me.
"I'm kidnapping your girlfriend." I said and headed for the bedroom.
"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." Nick said.
"Eh, its not like I haven’t seen it all before." I said; shrugging.
Before he could say anything I walked into the bedroom, but what I found I was not really expecting.
"Who was at the door Nick?" Terri said and turned towards me.
"Would you like me to untie you? I mean it'll be hard for you to go shopping tied naked to the bed." I said.
"Oh God please tell me this is just a joke." She said.
"Nope," I said and untied her left arm. "Sorry to ruin your fun, but I need you right now."
"Let me get dressed and we'll go okay?" She said and pulled off the blind fold.
I just nodded my head and headed back into the living room. Nick was still standing where I had left him.
"Don't hurt yourself Blondie." I said and sat on the couch.
"What?" He said; looking at me.
"You look like your trying to break your brain trying to picture us together." I said and smirked at him. "Nothing like that has ever happened, so don't even bother picturing it."
"You really know how to ruin a guy’s fun." He said; pouting.
"Poor baby, you'll be okay." I said and laughed.
"Alexis, stop putting dirty thoughts in the poor boys head." Terri said coming out of the room.
"But it’s so much fun." I said and pouted.
"Let's go before I change my mind." She said.
I stood up and walked over to Nick and kissed his cheek before walking out the door.
Terri wasn't far behind me. She had a look mixed of anger and concern on her face.
"So spill what happened?" She said once we got into the elevator.
"We got into a fight." I said. "It didn't end pretty."
"I can see that." She said and rolled her eyes. "What did you say?"
"I may have called him a washed up popstar." I said and ran my fingers through my hair.
"You called him what?" She said; shocked.
"A washed up popstar." I said.
"Why would you do something like that?" She said.
"I was pissed." I said. "My mouth just kinda ran away."
"And now you're gonna be to stubborn to apologize to him." She said. "I can't believe you."
"It came out of my mouth and I don't even believe it. Like I said my mouth ran away on me." I said and sighed.
"And what are you going to do to fix this mess?" She said stepping off the elevator. "Because you have a huge mess to clean up."
"I really don't see why it even matters we are going to the court house tomorrow to annul the marriage." I said; shrugging.
"You do know that since you guys for sure consummated the marriage you can't get it annulled anymore." She said. "I only see two ways for this to end. And you won’t like either of them."
"Fuck." I said. "Why is this happening to me?"
"Who knows? But maybe it was just what you needed." She said and hooked our arms together. "Now you're buying me dinner since you ruined my night."
"I think I can do that." I said and laughed. "Where do you want to go?"
"Where ever." She said.
After dinner she sent me looking for Donnie, even though I really didn't want to find him.
I hated the fact that he could get under my skin so fast. Never before has anyone done that.
I knew that all he would have to do is send me a smile and I'd be butter in his hands, again.
It didn't take much time to find him, though when I saw him, I wish I hadn't come looking for him. He had a blonde bimbo wrapped around him and they were swapping spit.
Before the tears could leak out of my eyes, I turned on my heels and headed to the closest bar. I found a spot and sat down.
A half hour later, someone sat next down next to me. I turned and saw AJ.
"You okay?" He said.
"I don't know. I know I shouldn't let him get to me, but he has." I said looking down at my drink. "He's even messed up drinking for me."
"Come take a walk with me." He said; standing up. I just looked at him. "Don't worry; I'm not after anything but friendship right now."
"I could use a friend." I said standing up and left my drink behind. "Where are we gonna go?"
"We could walk up and down the strip if you want." He said. “Or do you want to do something else?
"No a walk sounds good." I said and smile at him.
He offered me his elbow and smile back at me.
We just walked down the strip talking about everything we could think of, well everything but why we were here.
It really was nice to be able to talk to someone about random stuff. I could tell that AJ and I were going to have a great friendship.
"I have an idea." AJ said as we stopped in front of a tattoo shop. "What do you say to getting some ink? My treat."
"Dude, I would love to. I have this design I've wanted for a long time. I've never had the time or money to do it." I said.
"Well then what are we waiting for." He said and led me into the shop.
When we walked in the door the guy sitting behind at desk smiled at us.
"What can I do for you folks tonight?" He said and stood.
"We are looking at getting new ink." I said and picked up one of his tattoo books.
"Do you know what you want?" He said to me.
"Yeah I have an idea." I said as I sat the book down. "Do you have some paper and a pencil?"
"Sure thing little lady." He said grabbing a notebook and pencil for me.
"Thanks." I said taking it from him and grinning.
I sat down on one of the chairs and drew out my design while AJ talked to the artist.
When I was done, I walked over and handed the artist the note book back.
"Wow that's pretty amazing." AJ said.
"Thanks, I've always had a thing for dragons." I said. "Ever since I was little."
“Where did you want to get it at?” The artist said taking the drawing from AJ.
“I was thinking in the middle of my back. What do you think AJ?” I said looking to him for approval.
“That would be hot.” AJ said and smiled at me.
“Let me go get this sized and then we’ll get started.” The artist said and walked away.
“What are you getting?” I asked.
“Nothing,” He said.
“What’s wrong?”
“I really miss her ya know.” He said. “Just being here reminds me of her.”
“Then just call her and tell her you’re sorry.” I said. “If she really loves you she’ll forgive you.”
“I don’t think it would be that easy.” He said. “Not after what I did.”
“Did you have a good reason for it? I mean you didn’t cheat or anything did you?”
“No, I didn’t cheat.” He said and sighed. “I just called off our wedding.”
“Why? I mean if you don’t mind telling me.” I said.
He just shrugged as the artist came back over to us.
“We’ll finish this later.” I said.
AJ just nodded his head and turned to look at the tattoo artist.
“You ready?” He said to me.
“Yes Sir.” I said.
“Follow me then.” He led us back to the room.
Six hours later, we were on our way back to the hotel. We had talked about going to the strip club, but my back was sore and I didn’t want to risk messing up my new tattoo.
“I hope you don’t mind that I wanted to skip the strip club.” I said to AJ as we walked into my room.
“It’s no biggy.” He said shrugging out of his jacket. “Wanna order some room service?”
“Sure just order me a burger or something with bacon on it. I’m gonna go change my shirt; I think I brought a halter top.” I said and headed towards the bed room.
I quickly found my halter top and put it on. It felt so much better not having anything rubbing on my tattoo, even though I had a bandage on.
When I walked back into the living room, AJ was sitting on the couch flipping through the channels. I sat next to him and put my feet in his lap.
“Ya know, I’ve always wanted an older brother.” I said.
“I’m not that much older then you.” He said.
“Three years.” I said smiling at him. “I guess it’s a good thing I like my men older than me.”
“So Donnie’s age has nothing to do with why you’re not staying with him then?”
“Hell no.” I said. “I honestly think Donnie is sexy as hell, but I’ve always wanted to get married for love, not because we were drunk off our asses and decided to be stupid and get married. I had at least 10 step fathers growing up. I never wanted to end up like my Mom.”
“From what I can see, you’re nothing like her.” He said. “Sure you made a mistake, but it’s nothing you can’t fix. Our mistakes make us who we are.”
“So does that mean you’re gonna call your girl and tell her that you still love her and that you do want to one day be married to her?” I said; turning the conversation onto him.
“I don’t know.” He said as someone knocked at the door.
“I’ll get it.” I said standing up. “But don’t think this conversation is over.”
“Wouldn’t dream of it.” He said and laughed.
I flipped him off as I moved towards the door.
I opened the door and let room service in; they came in quickly, set up the food and then left the room.
“Smells good.” I said sitting next to AJ again. “What did you get me?”
“Bacon cheeseburger.” He said and pointed to my plate.
“Nice. My fave.” I said picking up my plate.
“You’re a dork.”
“No, I’m a nerd or that’s what all my friends told me when I told them I was getting my masters in computer science.” I said. “And then even more when I told them my minor, which was Law.”
“Damn. Really?” He said; shocked.
“Yeah, school was the only thing I really had. My mom was never there and my Dad died when I was two, so school was really the only thing I had.” I said.
“So how did you meet Terri?” He asked; changing the subject.
“That’s a funny story.” I said as I laughed about it.
“OH this I have to hear.” He said and rubbed his hands together.
“We were step sister for like a year when I was 10 and we hated each other. Even though she’s a few years older than me, we were forced to do everything together; our parents thought we’d be best of friends by the end of that summer but that never happened. After the divorce I never thought I’d see her again. After I graduated I got into Stanford and she was my roommate. We both had grown up a lot by then and we got along a lot better. Ever since then, we’ve been best friends.”
“That’s funny. She must have been shocked when she found out.” He said.
“Oh yeah, I had changed my last name back to my Dad’s last name. My Stepdad after my Dad died had adopted me, but I wanted nothing to do with my Mom, so I changed my name. She couldn't have found me if she tried. She had no idea who I was until I told her and didn’t believe me until her Dad came to visit.”
“I bet she was shocked."
“You have no idea but by then we had become really good friends. So it really didn’t matter anymore . That summer was our past and we had moved past it. We’re the sisters we should have been back then.”
“That’s great.”
“Yeah.”
The rest of the night we just stayed up talking about everything and anything. It was nice to have someone other than Terri.
Not that I didn’t love having her to talk to, but you can only bitch to one person for so long before they get sick of hearing you bitch. That's how I knew AJ and I were going to have a great friendship.