- Text Size +

Josef called it a night long before the rest of us were ready to stop hanging out and draining wine bottles.  He’d taken my car keys and told me that I was to spend the night either with them or with Kevin but was not to drive home whatsoever and I agreed.  I wasn’t usually such a lush, but faced with great wine and great company I just kept drinking as long as Christian kept pouring. 

When Christian finally decided to pour himself into bed he pulled me into a big hug and whispered in my ear, “Please go fuck that man and then report to me in graphic detail how amazing he is…”

I laughed and pushed him away, “Cut it out.  Go to bed, you lush.”

He laughed one of those loud laughs that people only laugh when they’ve been drinking all night and the littlest things seemed hilarious, “I’m so serious.  He totally digs you, I can tell.”

“Mmm hmm…” I smiled and kissed his cheek.  “Goodnight, Chris…”

“Goodnight, Darling.”  He shot a wave and a good night to Kevin and then promptly disappeared into the bedroom. 

Vinnie took the vacant couch to himself and lay on his back stretching before settling down to sleep and I laughed looking at him, “My child…”

“He’s the coolest dog in the world,” Kevin said with that smile of his that made me melt.

“Yeah, he is isn’t he?”  I joined Kevin on the couch again and smiled as I sat sideways on the couch facing him.  “I’m so fucking drunk.”

He laughed, “Me too.”

“I can’t believe we haven’t passed out.  Wine usually makes me so damn tired.”

“We must have passed the threshold.”

“Ooh so we’re true alcoholics now?” I asked and laughed.

“No, just very, very, relaxed.” 

‘I could listen to him talk forever,’ I thought to myself.  ‘I could watch him forever too…’ 

“Christian and Josef are great…” he told me with another smile.

“I don’t know what I’d do without them… they’re the best.  Josef sometimes looks at us like we’re completely bonkers, but he loves us anyway.”

“How much older than Christian is he?”

“Eighteen years.”

“You’re shitting me…”

I giggled and shook my head, “Nope.  Christian is thirty-two and Josef just turned fifty a couple of months ago.”

“I honestly had no idea he was that much older than us… that’s amazing.”

“He’s such a sweetheart… and he acts like he’s not a big deal but he really is.  I mean, how many people do you know who were able to pretty much retire when they were forty-five years old?”

“Well the music business is different, it’s not totally odd to retire that early but I know what you mean.”

“I forgot you were a Heartthrob…” I chuckled.  My hand was on his leg and I totally didn’t remember putting it there.  I certainly didn’t move it away though.  Instead I teased his skin with the tip of my fingernail along the hem of his khaki shorts.  “Are you retired?  I know you left the band, but are you going to keep working?”

“Eventually I think I will.  I did Broadway for a while, and that was fun.  I just don’t know what I want to do next.  I think something that’ll be a little easier on my old knees.” 

“How old are your knees?”

“Old,” he said and smiled.  “How old are your knees?”  He put his warm hand on my knee and then let his fingers roam higher up my hip.

I rolled my eyes and pushed his hand away trying to be playful even though I totally wanted his hand there touching me.  “We’re not talking about me right now.  Don’t make me Google you, tell me how old you are…”

He looked directly into my eyes while his hand slid up my hip again and he pulled me closer to him, “It’s not googling that I want you to do…” 

I nearly pissed my pants, he was so sexy.  I tried to pretend that I was cool though even as he tipped his face toward mine begging to be kissed, “Oh yeah?  And what would that be?” 

His lips were so close to mine that when he spoke they moved against my lips, “Nothing I suggest we do in your best friend’s living room…”

“Are you trying to seduce me with your Heartthrob Magic?” I whispered into his mouth wishing that he’d stop teasing and kiss me already.  I craved his mouth, his tongue, his tongue in my mouth.

“Maybe…” he whispered back and kissed me ever so gently, practically a peck then pulled back.  He was still kissable close but his lips weren’t touching mine. 

I sighed, I couldn’t help it.  I wanted him so fucking bad and he was giving me a teasing peck on the lips, it was torture.  “Kevin?” I asked as I grabbed the front of his tee shirt and pulled at him trying to get him even closer to me but he fought it which was both annoying and utterly sexy at the same time.

“Yeah?” he said and slipped his tongue out across my lip for just a split second before pulling back again.  Torture.

“Stop fucking around and kiss me already…”  He chuckled and then finally stopped fighting the pull I had on his shirt.  His lips met mine and this time there was no teasing.  He kissed me hard.  Lips pressing against lips, teeth nibbling and tugging on lips, and that tongue… oh sweet heaven his tongue rubbing against mine.  Never in my life had I known a man who could turn me on so bad with just a kiss.  It didn’t matter to me that my best friends were just down the hall and could easily wander out into the living room and find me in the throes of passion with Kevin on their expensive furniture, all that mattered at that minute was kissing Kevin and feeling his hands on my body, my hands on his body and thinking about how amazing taking it further might be.

We were lying on the couch totally getting into it.  Kevin’s hands were up my shirt, his body pressed against mine.  I was grinding my body against his and dragging my fingernails up and down his back wishing that I could feel more of his skin and feel it against my own.  He moved his kiss to my neck and it nearly pushed me over the edge.  I gasped for air and arched my back which only heightened the mood more because in doing so I pressed my body tighter to his.  “Holy shit…” I sighed as he sucked on my neck.

He chuckled against my skin and the vibration of it sent chills all over my body.  When he pulled his head back to look at me I honestly think I came a little.  Those eyes.  He was slightly out of breath and his hair was messy just begging me to run my fingers through it, so I did.  When my fingers were in his hair his eyes rolled back and he pressed his hips into mine.  We were like junior high school kids trying to get each other off without actually having sex.  We were also really close to being successful at it. 

“I really, really want to get you naked…” he said with a smirk so dirty it made my legs shake.

‘This cannot be my life…’ I thought looking up at this amazing man whose hand was up my shirt and whose erect dick was pressing through his shorts against my body.  I looked up at him and cupped his face in my hands pulling his face to mine.  I kissed him softly, “Just say the magic words…”

I could feel his smile against my lips and it made me smile as well, “Let’s go next door…”