- Text Size +

Forgive me bloggers for I have sinned… it’s been two weeks since my last blog post.


I know, I know, I know… I said I was going to be better about updating this blog, and I said that even if I had to make a post about Vinnie finding something new to chew on, I’d still update.  But apparently I lied.  I wish I could say that I haven’t updated because I’ve been so busy with preparations for the book release next week that I just haven’t been able to sit down and throw together some words.  I wish I could say that I’ve been gallivanting around the country doing pre-book press and by the time I make it back to my hotel room I’m too exhausted to bother blogging.  I wish I could even say that Vinnie has been keeping me so busy playing fetch that I couldn’t write.  But I don’t like to lie to my readers, so I can’t say any of those things.


Vinnie does still wish that we could play fetch 23 hours a day and I am trying to get ready for the book release, but to be completely honest it isn’t anything business related that’s been keeping me away.  I will be hitting the talk shows soon and living out of a hotel room, but that all starts next week (check out the schedule page of the site for more details and DVR alerts!). No… the truth is that it’s been lust that’s been keeping me away.


Lust? You ask.  Yup, pure old hot steamy weak in the knees kissing like a teenager lust.  See, there’s this guy.  This guy who I met a long, long time ago at a party way back when Lake Pleasanton #1 was about to come out.  This guy who I didn’t see again until a few weeks ago.  This guy who when I had a concussion (it’s a long story) sat with me in the Emergency Room and then took care of me and Vinnie while I was drugged up on Vicodin.  This guy who kisses like a dream and is hotter than any hot guy I’ve ever written about and who I still wonder if he’s real when I look at him.  Lust, ladies and gents.


We’re not dating.  Or at least I don’t think we are.  Maybe we are.  We just spend a lot of time together and well… when I’m spending time with him I forget about all of the things I’m supposed to do like update my blog, work on my next book, call my publisher back (sorry Jude!) and buy dog food (sorry Vin!).  He’s just fun to be around and it’s been so long since anyone has paid so much attention to me (other than my adoring fans whom I love so much, smootch, smootch) that I’m really digging this.  When I do try to force myself to sit down and write for a little bit I find that this guy is playing the role of all of my male characters.  It doesn’t even matter if it’s a well established character that I’ve been writing for years who looks and acts nothing like this guy of mine… suddenly he’s my actor. 


It’s pretty pathetic really, but what’s wrong with being pathetic if you’re having fun in the process?  I mean, when was the last time that I just had good old fashioned fun with a sexy guy who wanted my full attention?  (Other than Vinnie, of course...)  I’ll tell you how long… too damn long.  I’ve spent the last few years going on and on about how great it is being single and how I’m loving life as an independent woman who is supporting herself with her love of writing.  Although I’m not taking any of that back and I still believe in it all… I’m seeing a whole other side of life right now.  A side that includes things like cuddling, kissing, and eating ice cream on the beach in the middle of the night in pajamas with someone instead of all by myself.  It’s fun and I’m not too proud to admit it.


Who is he?  I can’t tell you.  He is real though.  Very, very real.  But for the sake of his privacy and my own for now he’s just to be referred to as The Guy.  Maybe down the road I’ll share with you what his name is and maybe even post a picture of the sexiness that is The Guy, but until then all I can tell you is bits and pieces of what it is that’s keeping me from doing all of the things I’m supposed to be doing. And for heaven’s sake if you’re one of my neighbors or you’ve seen me out and about in town with said Guy, keep your mouth shut and respect our privacy okay?  I promise to share him with you when and if the time comes… until then, just let us have our fun together.  I promise, he won’t fully take me away from the love of my writing… it’s just a hiatus.


I’ll see many of you in NYC in about a week and many more of you later in the year… keep all of the e-mails coming, you all rock my socks!


Always,


Kellie (and Vinnie too!)