- Text Size +

"Tell me something about yourself that I don’t know…" Kevin smiled as we lay on my couch later that night after dinner. We each had our heads at opposite ends of the couch and our legs were tangled in the middle. His legs were actually so long compared to mine that his feet were near my chest resting on either side of my body, while mine only made it to his waist.

I smiled and laid my arm on his leg picking at the small tear in his jeans, "Something you don’t know about me…"

"Yup."

"Well that narrows it down…" I laughed. "You don’t know much about me."

"Sure I do. I bet that I know more about you than you think I do," he said with a grin as he pulled one of my feet into his hands and started massaging it. I practically rolled my eyes into my head at his touch and he laughed. "I know you like your feet rubbed."

"Smartass…"

"Naturally…"

I couldn’t help but smile at him and shook my head, "I seriously doubt that you know all that much about me yet."

"Fine… I’ll prove it to you. But only after you tell me something about yourself that I don’t know."

"You going to tell me something about you too?"

"Sure…" he shrugged and focused on kneading my foot again. I sighed and picked up the locket hanging around my neck and rubbed the back of it with my thumb while looking up at the ceiling and closing my eyes in thought. "It doesn’t have to be a big huge dark secret, Kel…"

"I’m thinking…" I said not moving from my position. He chuckled and waited quietly. After a minute I opened my eyes and looked at him across the couch. "I lived in Michigan until I went to college.  And I still miss the snow every winter so much that since I moved down here I’ve flown back to stay in a hotel back home for a weekend, and I always call ahead of time to make sure that they have snow before I get on the plane."

A slow smile appeared on Kevin’s face and he nodded, "I like that… a lot. Thank you."

"Welcome… now it’s your turn."

"Um…" he said biting on his lower lip gently.  "I played the role of Conrad Birdie in ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ when I was in high school."

I giggled and began to sing, "We love you Conrad, oh yes we do…" He chuckled and I smiled, "Kind of ironic considering who you grew up to be huh?"

"Kind of…" he smiled.

"Your fans ever sing that to you and change the name to Kevin?" I teased.

"Actually it happened once. My fans tend to be the older ones you know… so they get it. But the younger fans wouldn’t even know who Conrad was."

"True…" I smiled.

"So…" Kevin grinned and carefully put my foot back down on the couch as he picked up the other. "I get to tell you what I know about you now."

"Oh this should be good."

"It will be…" he said confidently with a raised eyebrow.  "So… I know that you are younger than I am. That you’re about five foot five or maybe five foot six inches tall…"

"Six…" I smiled.

He nodded and smiled, "Six… I know that you play with that locket around your neck when you’re nervous, upset, or thinking about something really hard…" I smiled as he continued, "You talk to your mom every day at least once a day… you don’t have garlic in your fridge right now…." We both chuckled and I rolled my eyes. "I know that you watch the Disney Channel a lot because whenever I call you it’s usually on in the background… I know that you smell like lavender and shampoo… that your hands are probably the softest hands I’ve ever felt in my life… that you are an amazing kisser…" He paused for a second and cocked his head to the side looking at me. "I know that you’ve been hurt in the past by someone… or maybe several someone’s. But luckily for me, you were able to let me into your life for a try." I looked away from his eyes for a moment and ran my hand over his knee gently before looking at him again. "I know that you use Vinnie as your radar to scope out new people... and I know that you aren’t afraid to tell me what’s on your mind… that you have a temper, but it’s not too bad unless you get woken up too early by the doorbell…" he laughed. "Um, I know that you mumble in your sleep… That you have a dirty mind, and a dirty mouth, but I love them both…" I giggled thinking about some of the facial expressions and gasps that I’d produced from Kevin over the short while that we’d known each other when I’d say something that he didn’t expect me to say. "And… among many other things… I know of the places to kiss and touch you that make you shiver." A surge of electricity ran through my body at his last statement and I smiled. "How’d I do?"

"Pretty good…" I said quietly.

"Just pretty good?" he whined and let my foot rest in his hands on his chest. "Come on… it was better than that…" I winked at him and shrugged and he threatened to tickle my foot wiggling his fingers in the air before the sole of my foot.

"Do it and I’ll literally dump you onto the floor and sick the drool monster on you…"

"Eww…" Kevin laughed and looked at Vinnie who was on the floor sleeping. "Okay…" he smiled and went back to massaging my foot.  "Admit it…"

"What?" I teased.

"That I’m better than good…"

"No…"

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because WHY?"

"Because I’m difficult."

"I could have told you that…" he grinned.

I looked at him and shook my head, "You’re nuts." He nodded. "Okay, if you’re so much better than good… and you know me so well, what do I want to do right now?"

"Right now?"

"Mmm hmm… right now…"

Kevin smiled and sat up pulling his legs back from where they were resting beneath mine. He then leaned forward and began crawling across the couch toward me until his knees were on either side of my body and looked down at me. I stared up at him, lost as usual in his intense green gaze and my body tingled in anticipation of him drawing closer to me. I could smell his amazing scent lingering over me and it filled me with excitement. With one hand pressed on each side of me he lowered his lips to mine and kissed them softly before pulling away. "Right now… you want me to make you shiver…"