- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy the chapter!!! Feedback is appreciated
Chapter 6

Nick stared at Brian in disbelief...how could it be his fault? Why would Kevin just leave the group after all the nights they stayed up talking about how great it would be to be famous.

"He what?"

"Kevin left because of you.." he said. Did Nick dare hear bitterness in Brian's voice? He felt awful...he even remembered the look on AJ's face when he had mentioned Kevin. Something was wrong.

"AJ and I didn't mean to drink! I am so sorry." Nick started tearfully. Brian's expression softened and he reached for him, but Nick backed away.

"You hate me."

"You're being ridiculous, Nick...Nick, wait!" Brian shouted as Nick ran out of the room and into the hall.

Nick leaned against the wall in the stairwell..feeling awful. Being in this new life was so awkward...everything he knew and loved had changed completely. He hated it and never felt more alone. Nick sat in the stairwell, thinking and wiping his face.

"I think they are on this floor..."

Nick's head shot up when he heard their voices coming up the stairs. He could hear a girl talking about him, and he didn't like what he was hearing.

"Oh my god. Stacey, look."

Nick saw two girls staring at him...grins spread across their faces. He stood up and shakily backed away from them.

"Nick fucking Carter...what are the odds?" the older of the two said. He looked at them and managed a nervous smile. They were both on the heavy side and wearing Backstreet Boys shirts.

"H-hello...." he said shakily.

"I don't see his bodyguard or Lauren." The older girl smiled.

"If you want pictures, now isn't a good time. " Nick told them as he looked for the door. It was behind him about a flight up.

"Grab him."

Nick's eyes went wide and he scrambled for the stairs...but one of them grabbed at his leg and tripped him.

"I get him first, I called it!" the first one said with a grin.

"I want to see Thor! Let me play with Thor, you promised!" the other shouted as the two of them grabbed at his clothes. They were stunned that Nick didn't struggle...he seemed afraid...like a scared little boy.

"Uh...my name isn't Thor. Who is Thor?!" he asked as the first girl kissed his face and the other undid his shirt. They never answered his question....they kept going. Nick shouted for help but he was alone with the two girls. He would have felt lucky but the girls were arguing over him, pulling him like they were two wolves fighting over a steak.

"HEY!!!" someone yelled suddenly. The girls looked up and Nick saw a man running down at them. They got off of him and Nick stood up...his legs wobbly.

"Nick, are you okay?" the man asked. Nick looked at the girls and then at him...his body trembling.

"I....I...."

"I left him speechless!" the first girl said. They both laughed, giving each other a high five.

"Show's over, ladies."


Nick was taken to his room by the tough looking man who had rescued him.


"Are you all right?" he asked. Nick blinked at him as AJ came into the room with a short woman.

"Nick....we all need to have a talk." she said, pacing the floor.

"Jenn this is not a good time."

"I don't care, Marcus!" the woman shouted. Nick just sat there in silence, his body shaking.

"Both of you get out of here. I will talk to him." AJ said as he practically pushed them out of Nick's room.

"Seriously, dude...are you all right?" he asked once they left. Nick latched onto AJ and cried hysterically into his shoulder.

"I want to go home..." he sobbed as AJ put his arm around his shoulder, rubbing Nick's back gently. His clothes hung off him and his hair was disheveled as if he had been attacked by an animal.

"You're lucky Marcus found you."

"Who is Marcus?" Nick asked, wiping his eyes.

"Dude....how the fuck don't you know Marcus? He's one of our bodyguards! Jenn is right...we gotta..."

"Jenn? The midget lady? Where are Johnny and Lou?" Nick replied.

"Whoa....what the fuck are you on? I mean....if I still did that....that must be some really good shit you have." AJ laughed.

"I don't know what you mean....I want to see Kevin." Nick sniffed. AJ went to Brian's room, shaking his head.


"Did you find him?" Brian asked.

"He almost got raped in the stairwell...but he is fine, Marcus found him."

"HE WHAT?"

"Calm down, B. Nick didn't know who Marcus was Or even Jenna. Something is really wrong and he keeps asking for Kevin. You better call him." AJ suggested.

"I was hoping it wouldn't come to that...I don't think Kev will be so keen on coming out here." Brian said. He knew something was really wrong and whatever it was, he wished that Kevin would be able to fix it.



"Absolutely not...no way in hell."

"Kevin, he keeps asking for you. You have to come out. He's having a breakdown or something. He won't tell us anything." Brian begged over the phone.

"What makes you think he wants to see me? He told me to fuck myself last time I saw him." Kevin snapped.

"Nick won't stop asking about you, It's like he is a kid trapped in a adult body. He's lost his mind and it's scaring all of us."

Kevin heard the sincerity in his voice and his tone softened.

"Fine, I will come...but if he says anything out of the way I am gone." Kevin said, hanging up the phone. Brian smiled....if things went well with Kevin, maybe Nick would be himself again.