- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this update!!!
Chapter 9

Nick decided after talking with the guys he would go for a walk. He spotted some fans outside and decided to go say hello to them, they looked harmless enough.

"Hi, ladies." he said. The girls gave him confused looks and he scratched his head.

"Why are you talking to us?" one of them asked, clearly annoyed.

"Aren't you fans?" Nick asked. None of the girls would look him in the eye. He felt like they actually didn't like him at all and it made him.uncomfortable.

"You never stop and say hello...you usually walk past us." a young girl said.

"I do?"

The fans looked at him in confusion, a lot of them were younger than the two he had met in the stairwell. They just nodded. He knew he had to set things right. It made him really wonder what kind of person "he" was.

"Well....let me make it up to you. Come on, I have an idea. Come with me." Nick said with a smile. He got a limo to take them all to a diner nearby where he bought all of the girls lunch. He asked the girls questions without trying to be obvious that he really had no idea how the Nick in this life treated people. As it turned out, he was a real jerk and stuck up.

"I can't believe I was so rotten...I am so sorry. Do you remember where I went wrong?" Nick said as they all ate dessert. The oldest shook her head.

"You used to be nice. Then you changed."

"Things are going to be different, I promise. That Nick is gone. I'm gonna fix him, if that's ok with you girls."

"We like this one better." one of the girls giggled as he hugged her. After he left the girls, Nick went back to the hotel and took out his laptop. He had asked Jenn for his Twitter password, after seeing Brian use it so much he got curious. Nick was stunned to see the nasty messages people wrote him and thought about what the fans had said. How did he turn into such a bad person?

"I'm telling you he's changed." a voice said in the hallway. Nick went to the door and peeked.Brian and Howie were talking just outside his room.

"I think its a good one. He has really been putting in an effort and he's been on time too."

"Changing around the choreography....you call that an effort? He's trying to change the way we have been doing stuff for years. He never gave a shit before." Brian pointed out.

"Maybe he does now." Howie said as they rounded the corner. Nick closed the door to the room and lay down on the bed, thinking. His own bandmates didn't even like him but he would talk to them a bit later. Right now he needed to think.

About twenty minutes later someone knocked on the door. It was a blonde woman that looked familiar from the forum he had just been browsing. He'd seen her with Brian several times.

"Hi." Nick said. Before he could speak again, she forced herself onto him, her tongue in his mouth. Nick shoved her off, wiping red lipstick off of his face. After taking a good look, his eyes went wide. This was Brian's wife. The one he picked up from the airport.

"Leighanne?"

"God, I missed you...let's get this over with before he gets back." the woman said. She grabbed him and kissed him again, wrapping her leg around his waist.

"But-but you're Brian's wife." Nick stammered in disbelief....her lips all over his face. He felt sick.

"That didn't stop you last time, did it, Carter?" Leighanne giggled seductively, playing with his hair.

"I can't do this....he's my best friend." Nick said, pushing her away again. She looked angry this time, flipping her hair out of her face.

"You never minded that before....all these years of sneaking around and now you decided to be noble?" Leighanne snapped.

"What about your son? What about your family?" Nick asked, standing near the couch and not looking at her. She was a pretty woman, long blonde hair and blue eyes....Nick had to admit Brian had good taste...but what she had in looks she lacked in personality.

"Brian bores me...you are more my speed. Isn't that what I told you in Florida?" she said, opening her shirt so he could see her breasts. Nick flinched and looked away, blushing.

"I can't do this to him." he said in barely a whisper.

"Are you joking?" Leighanne shouted, moving towards him. She backed him into the wall, her eyes flashing angrily.

"Maybe you'd better go...." he said. Leighanne held him against the wall, pushing her body into his.

"You're going to regret this," she said as a knock came at the door. Nick was horrified to see Brian standing there, staring at him disapprovingly....his eyes falling upon the smudges of lipstick. Nick shook his head, watching Brian's eyes move from him to Leighanne.

"Hi honey, are you okay?" Brian said, and Nick watched in surprise as Leighanne threw herself on her husband, pretending to cry.

"I tried to stop him- he wouldn't listen, and I couldn't...." she wailed, smirking at Nick from over Brian's shoulder. Brian looked furious but stayed calm.

"Baby, why don't you go to the room and I will be there in a few?" Brian said consolingly. Leighanne smirked at Nick before kissing Brian and walking out, pleased with herself. Nick was about to speak when he was suddenly thrown against the wall. He was held there, his body shaking.

"You heartless son of a bitch....how could you do this to me?"

"B-Brian, I-I...."

"Lauren and Kristin weren't enough ass....you had to have my wife too?!" Brian screamed, throwing Nick to the floor as if he were a rag doll. Nick looked at him in confusion. What had he done?

"I.....Brian....please-"

"Get out, Nick....GET OUT!!!"

"Brian, I didn't do anything. Please just listen to me."

"That bullshit won't work on me. You had no right touching her. GET OUT!!!!!!!" Brian bellowed, moving closer to him. Nick was on the floor, backed into a corner as Brian yelled.

"If you don't go, Nick....I'm walking."

"You can't do this, what about the group?"

"Watch me." Brian spat at him. The door slammed shut, and once Brian was gone did Nick feel he could truly begin to cry.