- Text Size +

25

Emma woke up to the sound of Nick and AJ talking quietly. When she realized that they were talking about her she decided to keep her eyes closed a little longer. She heard Nick say that he liked her and she wanted to chuckle, but held it back.

“I’m not hogging her…” AJ said with a groan. “I told you, she’s a private person. I wasn’t about to fuck things up by bringing you along.”

“Oh like I’m such a horrible person to have around…” Nick laughed. “Thanks, man, I love you too.”

“Blow me…” AJ sighed. “You know what I mean.”

“I don’t want to blow you, dude. Stop asking.”

“Nope…” AJ said with a chuckle.

There was a lull in the conversation so Emma took the opportunity to make a point of stretching before she opened her eyes. As her eyes opened she noticed that both of the guys were watching her. She chuckled and rubbed her eyes with a yawn, “How long have you two been sitting here staring at me? I’d think you’d get a little bored…”

Nick smiled and shook his head, “Nah… you’re fun to watch.”

Emma rolled her eyes, “Whatever…” She sat up and ran her hands over her arms, “I’m freezing, and I’m staying here tonight, so I’m going into the bedroom where there are blankets.” She stood up and began making her way to the bedroom.

“I’m right behind you…” she heard Nick say.

“Isn’t your room right across the hall?” she laughed at him. She pulled the covers back on the bed she knew that AJ wasn’t using, and Nick stood on the other side of the bed pulling the other half of the blankets back.

“Isn’t yours next door?” he laughed back at her.

She paused and made a face, “Point taken.”

He laughed at her and watched as she stripped her tee shirt off and threw it to the floor leaving her in her tank top. “Wait a minute, you just said that you were freezing. Why the hell are you taking clothes off, then?”

“I can’t sleep in tee shirts with sleeves. I get all tangled up and claustrophobic in them.”

“Me too…” AJ said as he joined them in the bedroom and began pulling his own sleeved shirt off.

“Y’all are weird…” Nick laughed and got into the bed.

“Takes one to know one…” Emma said and yawned. She got into bed as well and looked at Nick. “You try and grope me at any point in the night I’ll wound you without even waking up. Got it?”

Nick laughed and AJ, who’d sat down on his own bed chuckled, “She’s telling you the truth…”

“What about cuddling?” Nick asked. “I sometimes cuddle without even knowing it if someone is in bed with me.”

“I don’t cuddle.”

“Oh come on, all girls cuddle. It’s like genetic or something…” he laughed.

“I don’t cuddle.”

AJ stepped in, “Dude, we fell asleep one afternoon and while we were napping I happened to wrap my arm around her waist. I woke up on the floor. She has this kung fu reflex thing and just BAM! Next thing you know, you’re on the floor rubbing your ass.”

Emma smiled at the memory and then looked at Nick again, “I don’t cuddle.”

“Okay then…” Nick laughed. “But if I do it on accident, try not to hurt me too much. We’ve got a concert tomorrow you know?”

“Yeah, yeah…” she said and yawned yet again as she closed her eyes and wrapped up in the blanket finally warming up slightly.

“Goodnight, Tee Shirt Girl…” Nick chuckled.

“Stop calling me that.”

“Or what?”

“Or I’ll be forced to call you asshole every time you call me that.”

AJ laughed from his bed, “That’s a perfect name for him. I call him that quite a bit.”

“Oh fuck you…” Nick laughed.

“Later…” AJ laughed and turned the light off. “Goodnight, Nick.”

“Night…”

“Night, Emma…” AJ said and closed his eyes.

She smiled with her eyes closed, “Goodnight…”

Nick chuckled, “Goodnight, Tee Shirt Girl…”

“Goodnight, Asshole…”