- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm closing my eyes and posting this chapter with blid faith that you like it! lol!
But it's important for Anna...
“I knew it! All this time he doesn’t give you one thought, and now that he saw you, you’re everything? And the worst part is you actually fall for it! I hate that I wasn’t the one to come across him! I hate his fucking guts! I hate…”
Se goes on and on listing the Many Reasons Why Rachel Hates Howie Dorough.
“Rachel! I know all he is, or at least all he is to you.”
“And I’m just as mad at you Anna! Why do you let him do this to you? It drives me insane that you still see him as a knight in shining armor when he’s a jerk! He just wants a piece of you. Don’t you see him for what he truly is?”
“I see him now, but last night I still had the blinds in front of my eyes. I wish I still had them…” Isn’t it true when people say something like what you don’t know won’t hurt you…
“Wait! You met with him? You actually saw him like He told you to?”
“Yes”
“Anna! Why? Why in God’s name would you give him that satisfaction? Why…”
“Because, I saw it as my own satisfaction!” I still remember the moment when that thought entered my mind. I still can’t believe it did.
“What do you mean?” I was just as confused.
“I… Rachel, I wanted him! After that kiss, I wanted more. After 7 years waiting, wondering, wanting, I decided to take it!”
“But, Anna! He’s married…”
“I know that! Better than anyone else. But I got tired of thinking about others! I just stopped caring about what he might think of me, or anyone else. And if Leigh found out, I’d be very happy to tell her how her husband went looking for me after all the trouble she went thru to get me out of the picture!”
“Anna, things don’t work that way…”
“Ha! Why not! That’s how it works for everyone else! Everyone who’s not me… I just snapped, Rachel. Suddenly, my thoughts changed and it was like I wasn’t myself. It’s not like I went crazy or anything, but one minute I’m telling myself I’m not gonna let him win me, and the next I’m thinking how I’m gonna win him! And I… I felt powerful, in control of everything. I decided to show him how I’d changed in a different way. So I set out to seduce him.”
“But it didn’t work.”
“No, it didn’t” And how I thought it would shows how pitiful I was.
“What happened?”
“I knew he’d wait for everyone to leave…”

Standing in the doorway of the mansion, I knew my night was far from over. I should be feeling excited that I pulled off this wedding, my most important client was extremely satisfied with my work. I should be thinking ahead of time for ideas on the more-than-prospect client I got tonight.
Instead, all I could think about was the person I knew was inside.
In the past hour, I came up with a counter attack for whatever Howie’s planning to do. I know he’s been planning an approach, how to get to ‘listen’ to him, how he’s going to corner me again. He’s probably in one of the second floor rooms with a terrace, or maybe by the pool, but he’s somewhere looking at the moon. Too bad the house is not his, otherwise there would be a nice Bolero playing, so we could ‘recreate’ the famous night.
I just know him too well.
After setting the mood he’ll start talking, complementing everything from my eyes to the sound of my voice, elevating me to the clouds. Then the smooth caresses will begin. From the almost imperceptible way his fingers delicately stroke my hand to the more subtle of his hand caressing my neck. By then I’ll have moved close to his body, if my hands aren’t around his neck, they’ll be around his waist pulling him closer to me. After that is just a simple game of words and touches for us to be kissing passionately.
I still remember all the times I witnessed the play, wishing the subject of his attraction was me. I can’t believe that willingly, I’ll be falling for it tonight.
No Anna! You won’t be falling for it, you’re just gonna let him think you are. Tonight you’ll be ‘seduced into having sex with Howie’!
Let’s celebrate that Leigh’s most prized possession is begging for you, not her! If only she could see you now!
And when do I start calling myself a whore? Because, even in my mind I’m starting to sound and feel like one! This needs to stop now!
“Anna? “ I was surprised to hear his voice behind me. Wasn’t he supposed to be waiting for me?
“I really need to talk with you.” Just like that? Maybe he’s lost his touch.
Change in approach and venue, but I can adjust as well. Oh Howie!, you have no idea what’s coming your way!