- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Layout of the boat isn't spot on but was changed for story purposes.
"Shots! Shots! Shots!"

The LMFAO song was ringing out loud and clear through the deck's speakers. Hundreds of girls had their drinks raised, dancing and singing along. Nick Carter stood on top of the bar and was eating up all the attention as he normally does. It was the last night of their first cruise and it was going out with a bang. Sure the wind was picking up a little but that wasn't stopping this Backstreet party.

AJ was up on the balcony, singing and tempting to jump down into the pool below that was covered by a net. Security was giving him an evil look that made sure the tattooed man knew not to even dare it. Brian and Leighanne were busy dancing around to the music, obviously enjoying the festivities a little too much. And the fourth Backstreet Boy was doing his latino shake all over the balcony - it just may be another night where he is carried home to his cabin.

Girls from around the world couldn't believe how awesome the cruise had been and didn't want to see it end. Some decided to turn in for the night as it was an early morning off the boat the next day and others just didn't want to battle the wind any longer. This was no good for Nick Carter. He wanted the party to carry on. His mind shifted through idea after idea, struggling against the haze the alcohol had placed upon him.

Free shots for everybody, it was an awesome idea. He started to lick the edge of each glass before handing it out. He'd get the girls drunker. Drunk girls are happy and want to party. This was never going to end! Well not according to his brilliant plan.

Unfortunately, mother nature had other ideas and the guys were forced to get everybody inside. The DJ booth was being destroyed as sheets of paper took off flying as well as records. AJ told everybody to head inside and make their way to the club. He didn't even finish his sentence before most of the crowd had bolted for the nearest bank of elevators or set of stairs they could find.

Nick urged the girls crowded around the bar to meet them inside. He jumped off the bar and took off in a sprint. Security wasn't around as many of them had made their way over to make sure AJ wasn't going to do a belly flop in the closed pool. Nick ran along the edge of the railing towards the secured area that would lead him to the balcony. It would be the only way for him to get to the club as well as hook back up with security without encountering any fans.

Luckily there was nobody around as he continued towards the outside steps that would take him upward. He'd get to the top and jog back around to the front of the balcony to tell the remaining girls to go inside and hit the club before he disappeared for real. The addictive song kept ringing in his head and Nick kept singing "shots shots shots" as he ran. He grabbed the railing to round the corner and hit the steps when he hit a small pool of water on the deck. His hand slid from the railing and much to his surprise, he was falling backward. But nothing caught him as his feet slid over the outer railing and he continued to fall. The water was cooler than one would expect when he hit it hard, all the air immediately being pushing from his lungs. It was several seconds later when he surfaced and gasped for breath. The cruise ship was skimming past him and soon Nick felt the pull from the engines. The fight or flight instinct kicked in and Nick began to swim as hard as he could. The suction was just too much and Nick soon found himself unable to keep his head above water. It didn't take long after that for him to start getting pulled backward, closer and closer towards the engine. Thankfully it was night time and nobody saw the red tinted water in the boat's wake.

AJ had waited for as long as he could before climbing up into the DJ booth. He was going to have to host the party on his own. There were some jokes about Nick not being able to handle his liquor and probably in his hotel room wishing someone was there to hold his hair back as he puked. The night carried on and most of the fans stayed up till about five am partying before a quick nap. Soon everybody was dragging themselves as well as their luggage off the boat - nobody yet realizing they were missing a key element to the epic weekend.