- Text Size +

It was the Into Millennium Tour and the Backstreet Boys were at their peak. They'd broken numerous records with the release of their new album, Millennium, and had broken even more records with their first single, I Want It That Way. Their concert tour had sold out in mere minutes, and the fans were going absolutely nuts - it was near impossible for them to go anywhere without being recognized.

The five Boys onstage were having the time of their lives, as they sang one song after the other, only to hear excited screams and fans singing along. There was no greater rush than this! This was untoppable.

It was soon time for Quit Playin' Games With My Heart, and while singing this song, the Boys would fly out over the audience, and in front of the 200 levels. It was a crowd pleaser, as all the fans wanted was to be closer to them. Each Backstreet Boy had been hooked up to the pulley systems that would allow them to fly out, over, and towards their thousands of adoting fans.

As they flew out over everyone, singing the song still, to loud screams, they didn't hear Nick's line start to snap. Though the rigs had been checked over before hand, Nick's had somehow been missed - which would soon be cause for his demise.

Nick could feel himself falling, and wondered what the heck kind of prank was being pulled. He realized too late, that it wasn't a prank - it was him fallig to his death. You see, as he fell, the fans moved, as they didn't know what was going on. And because they moved, his body slammed into the seats below with ramming force. And when he slammed into the seats, he'd hit his chest pretty hard, causing his heart to stop from shock. By the time security and paramedics had made their way through the fans to him, it was too late.

Nick Carter had died, as fate had played with his heart.