- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

 

 

Nick had always been fascinated by the Far East, having travelled there so often with the rest of the Boys. Holed up in a hotel room during his ITO promotions in Canada, looking up on the internet about South Korea, he came across the term 'fan death'. Supposedly, there was a widespread belief in South Korea that if you keep a fan on all night in a closed room, it will cause the death of everyone inside, by causing abnormally high levels of CO2.

"That's just hilarious" Nick thought and smiled to himself.

"Hey wait!", and he had a brainstorm, "I have an idea. I'm gonna play mythbuster tonight. A special episode of a brand new Nick's corner"

Getting ready for bed, he turned on his cam, and began his introduction "Hey there, all my wonderful fans out there. Tonight I'm gonna conduct a very special experiment. So, in South Korea..." He went about explaining the myth. "So, I'm gonna sleep all night with all my windows completely sealed and this big table fan running. And I'll see you in the morning"

Nick proceeded to set the fan up on the sideboard on the wall on the right of the bed, but noticed he had no socket to plug it in. So, he hurriedly passed the cord, looped at places, over his bed to the socket on the other side. Turning it on, he wished goodnight to the camera and lay in bed. "This should be fun", he thought as his eyelids closed. 

Late in the night, Nick was awakened suddenly from his sleep. He felt himself choking, unable to breath, and saw a hazy cloud around him. He felt unable to move his hands and feet, unable to shout, completely helpless.

And then the ghastly images of a hazy, fading room disappeared, and he realized he had been dreaming. By the time he did, he had got up from bed, arms flailing, and got the looped cord wound around his neck. The fan had gotten knocked from its place and was lying wedged across the side-board. 

Nick started to step out from his bed, to free the cord. He didn't realize he had knocked over a bottle of his favorite Vegan juice. Tripping over it, he began to fall face-first on the floor, the electric cord wound around his neck. The fan at the other though, refused to budge, and cord acted like the noose of a hanging rope. His neck snapped with a bone-cracking sound, killing him instantly. His lifeless body, then slowly limped and dangled till it rested on the floor.

Hotel staff broke into the room late next afternoon and found his body. And the camera that had recorded the entire freakish episode.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Look up fan death here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Oh, and moral of the story: Vegan food is bad for you! Eat meat! :P