- Text Size +
                              Chapter 22

 

AJ stood against the archway of his hotel bedroom door.  His eyes fixated on the bathroom door on the other side of the bedroom.  He listened to the light rumble of the shower and smiled to himself.  With a relaxing sigh AJ left the doorway and walked across the small living area to the door beside the TV stand.  Carefully he opened the door and peaked in.  The light from their room broke through hers and he saw her sleeping in the bed against the wall.  He smiled as he watched his daughter lying there peacefully and then just as carefully he closed the door back over.  When the door was safely closed he listened for the shower but it wasn’t running anymore.  So he walked over to the bedroom door and stopped when he saw Chelsea sitting on the side of the bed.

 

Her hair was wet and hung down to the middle of her back, her robe wrapped around her, and her arms rested on her legs as she picked at her nails.  He walked over to her and sat down as she looked up at him.  She wasn’t crying but she had a solemn look in her eyes.

 

“Feel better?” He asked.

 

“No” She replied shaking her head lightly.  There was a moment of silence and then she whispered.  “I’m sorry.”

 

“I know sweetheart.” AJ replied as she brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear.  “And I’m sorry I called you a bitch.”

 

“But I was.” Chelsea replied.  “I was being a total bitch and I don’t blame you for hating me.”

 

“Only because of Jerald, all of this happened because of Jerald.” AJ told her. “And I don’t hate you, I didn’t hate you I was just really angry and really confused.”

 

Chelsea started crying again and AJ took her into his arms.  “I was just so scared, I didn’t want to lose her and I didn’t want you to lose her.” Chelsea told him.  “I had just woken up I was still trying to grasp everything and then Jerald comes into my room, telling me how you were out drinking when I fell…”

 

“I was not out drinking Chelsea.” AJ replied a little defensive.

 

“I know” Chelsea replied as she looked at him.  “And then he told me that he didn’t want Nadia staying with you, he still wanted me to go to Kentucky, where Anne could help me out.  I told him no but he said I didn’t have a choice because if I didn’t he would sue us for custody.” She said as she wiped her eyes.  “But it didn’t matter, it didn’t matter at all, he still bashed you, bashed you in front of her, and he didn’t care what I was going through, what Nadia was going through all he cared about was the fact he had won, so as far as he was concerned you were completely out of the picture.”

 

“I wish you would have told me.” AJ said as his head rested on top of hers.

 

“All I can say is I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” Chelsea spoke before she started crying again and he pulled her tighter against him.  He knew she was sorry, he knew that what she did, she did because of the situation she was in, and he knew that the only thing that would get her past this, get past what she had done would be time; time with the three of them, just them and no one else.

 

“God Chelsea I missed you so much.” AJ whispered as he held her.

 

Her arms squeezed him and she answered still crying. “I missed you too.”

 

Holding his wife in his arms he consoled her as she cried.  He wasn’t mad at her anymore, all his anger and hatred went right at Jerald, and it was all on Jerald.  How could he ambush her the way he did, just waking up from a coma, telling her she was going to lose her family if she didn’t leave him. 

 

“Come on sweetheart.” AJ said as he pulled her away.  “I want you to get some sleep, you said earlier you hadn’t been sleeping and with all the stress you’ve been under, I want you to get a good nights rest.”

 

He helped her slide back on the bed, pulling the blankets back so she could slide under them and he laid beside her letting her lay in his arms.  He noticed she held onto him tightly and she was still crying a little.  Placing his fingers under her chin he lifted her head so he could look her in the eyes.  “I’m right here and I’m not going anywhere, okay?” He said as she looked back at him.  “I understand why you did what you did and the only person I’m pissed off at is Jerald.”

 

“Alex?” Chelsea said as he kissed her forehead, he then looked at her.  “I love you.”

 

AJ smiled glad to hear those words coming from those lips.  “I love you too Chels.”  Gently he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers.  His fingers tangled in her hair as he placed his hand on the side of her neck, a small whimper that was muffled by the kiss broke from Chelsea’s lips and as he lost himself to the passionate embrace they were in, his hand slipped down and began untying her robe. Her lips quickly pulled away from his and she stared at him, he saw shock looking back at him.  Ignoring her reaction he gently pecked at her lips as he let the robe fall beside her.  He felt her hand slide up the side of his arm, along his shoulder and then softly stop on the side of his neck. Now that the robe was out of the way his hand drifted up under her pajama top, his fingers aching to touch the soft skin under it.  Their tongues passionately flicked as their hands explored each others bodies but then there was a knock at the door.  The couple broke away and stared at it for a minute.

 

“Nadia.” Chelsea whispered with a light smile.

 

AJ smiled back at got up off the bed, he adjusted his clothing as Chelsea retied her robe up, and when he knew everything was ok he opened the door.  “What’s up darling?”

 

“Can’t sleep.” Nadia replied with a light shrug.  “Did I wake you?”

 

“Nope” AJ replied shaking his head.  “We were up talking.”

 

“Oh, well I can go find something on TV if you guys wanna be alone.” Nadia said as she pointed to the TV in the small living area.

 

“No it’s ok besides I think there’s someone else in here who would like to talk to you.” AJ said as he looked back to Chelsea who was picking at something on the blanket.  He stepped aside so she could walk into the room, when he closed the door he saw Chelsea look up.

 

“What’s up?” She asked looking at the both of them.

 

“She can’t sleep.” AJ replied.

 

“So are you feeling better?” Nadia asked Chelsea as she climbed onto the bed.

 

“A little, yeah” Chelsea replied with a nod as AJ sat down.

 

“That Jerald guy is crazy.” Nadia said her eyes a little wide.

 

“Nadia” AJ said sternly but he couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

 

“Well he is.” Nadia replied.  “Why would he do that to Chelsea even if he didn’t like you?”

 

“I don’t know, I hope to find out tomorrow at Anne’s.” Chelsea replied with a light shrug.

 

“I bet she’s going to go ape shit on him.”  Nadia replied and both Chelsea and AJ looked at her.  “I mean…going to get really mad.”

 

“Ugh, you have your Fathers mouth.” Chelsea sighed.

 

“I’m sorry I said I hated you.” Nadia said with a frown.

 

“I’m sorry I dragged you out here away from your Dad.” Chelsea replied.  “So we’ll call it even?”

 

“Cool” Nadia said with a nod.

 

Then there was a weird strange noise that broke the silence of the room, Chelsea moaned but Nadia looked confused.  “What was that?” She asked looking around.

 

“That was your Fathers stomach.”

 

“What, sorry if I’m hungry.” AJ replied defensive.

 

“I’m hungry too.” Nadia said.

 

“Wanna order room service?” AJ asked looking at Chelsea.

 

“Sure, I could go for a burger.” Chelsea replied with a shrug.

 

“I’ll go get the menu.” Nadia said getting up.

 

When she left the room AJ turned to Chelsea.  “I think she’s going to be ok.”

 

“Yeah” Chelsea agreed.

 

“You think so too?” AJ asked.

 

Chelsea nodded.  “The other day when Jerald hung up on you and her, she yelled at him, and she called you Dad.”

 

AJ’s eyebrows went up in shock but a smile slowly broke from his lips.  “She did?” And his voice cracked a little.

 

“Yeah” Chelsea smiled. “I think that’s when I started to realize what I was doing.”

 

AJ was about to say something but Nadia had returned.  “I want a skinless chicken sandwich.”

 

“Skinless?” AJ replied.

 

“Yeah” Chelsea nodded.  “Less fat that way.”

 

AJ rolled his eyes and looked at the menu.  “You’re fifteen you shouldn’t care about that stuff.”

 

“This coming from the thirty year old in a boy band.” Nadia replied

 

“Hey” AJ said stunned as Chelsea started cracking up laughing.

 

“Bad enough I’m going to be going through life having my friends drool over you.” Nadia sighed.

 

“He’s not going to age well Nadia don’t worry.” Chelsea replied.

 

“What the hell, is it bash Alex night?” AJ replied.

 

“Anne showed me a picture from when they first got together.” Nadia said a little excitedly to Chelsea than she turned to AJ.  “Where did all your hair go?”

 

AJ stared at her and then looked at Chelsea who was beat red trying not to bust out laughing.  “You two can kiss it.” AJ mumbled as he looked back down at the menu and both girls started laughing.

 

“He’s a little sensitive about it.” Chelsea whispered to Nadia.

 

“Am not” AJ replied quickly.  “But I don’t like being mocked.”

 

“Says the King.” Nadia replied sarcastically.

 

“Listen you…” AJ said looking at his daughter but she was laughing again.

 

Chelsea looked at him. “Now you know how the rest of us feel my dear.”

 

AJ rolled his eyes. “Ha Ha.”  Then AJ got up off the bed.  “That’s it I’m takin’ my menu and going home, screw you guys!” He shouted as he walked out of the room.  The girls didn’t mind though they were to busy laughing again.