- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for a short chapter. This is just an introduction of the next ghosts.
March 10, 2005
Dodge Theater
Phoenix, Arizona

“Never thought that I’d be left behind, that I was stro………….”

BAM!

I dropped my microphone and stared with wide eyes at the spotlight that crashed an inch away from where I was standing. I literally stopped breathing for a second or so, and slowly looked up at the ceiling where the spot light fallen from.

“Oh my God! Nick, are you ok?”

Brian was immediately on my side, so was AJ. I saw Howie ran towards the side of the stage and yelled something to Jen. Next thing I knew the guys were dragging me to the back stage, and I heard Jen apologized to the fans that sound check would be stopped for a while.

Brian guided me to one of the chairs in the backstage. I wasn’t sure if I was still in shock or something, but I swear I saw a man standing a couple of meters away from me with a smirk on his face. He disappeared after making sure I saw him. I didn’t get a good view of his face, though.

I closed my eyes and tried to shake off the bad energy the man left in the room. I could still feel the anger that radiated from his body.

“Nick, are you ok?”

“Yes. I just need a few minutes to process what just happened.”

“Take your time, buddy.” AJ nodded “We could postpone the sound check if you want.”

“No. The fans spent their hard earned money for this one; just give me five minutes more.”

“I think you’ll get more than five minutes; Howie and Kevin are on the roadies’ ass right now. Poor guys.” AJ chuckled while shaking his head.

“Nothing happened to me, they should just let it go.”

“Man, you know those two.” Brian answered with a smile

“Let me talk to them.”

I stood up and walked towards one of the dressing rooms where Kevin and Howie were grilling the roadies. I had to do something because I was damn sure the roadies were doing their jobs and it wasn’t their fault.

"Let it go, guys.” I had to speak louder so the people arguing on the room would hear me.

“You were almost hit by a spotlight due to the negligence of some people and now you’re telling us to let it go?” Kevin answered back as loud as my voice was.

“I wasn’t hurt.” I tried to reason.

“Yeah, for now.” Howie answered with a shrug.

“How sure are you that it was these people’s fault?” I pointed to the two roadies and Bobby, the roadie’s supervisor.

“Because it was their job to make sure this won’t happen.”

“Have you heard of the word accident? Seriously, guys, blaming people won’t get us anywhere. I’d rather be back there entertaining the fans.”

Kevin and Howie both looked at me with admiration on their eyes.

“Are you sure you’re ok, Nicky? Your head was not hit or something?” Howie asked me with a goofy grin on his face.

“Damn sure. Now, leave these people alone.” I gave Bobby and his crews an apologetic smile before heading out.

"Little Nicky is growing up." Howie laughed before leaving the room.

“Bobby, make sure this won’t happen again.” Kevin instructed the guys and followed me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“You ok?” Andrea greeted me with a worried look on her face when I entered my tour bus after the show.

“Yeah. So, who was he?” I casually asked as I sat on the couch beside her.

“Who?”

“The guy who tried to hurt me, or was just threatening me.” I still feel lucky that the damn spotlight didn’t hit me.

“I wish I could explain it to you, but you need to figure it out yourself.” She gave me a sympathetic smile.

“So, Michael finally decided to pay me a visit, huh?” I tried to sound funny but looking at Andrea’s face; I knew I failed.

“You’re not yet cool enough for Michael to waste his time on you.” She rolled her eyes

“Then why are you babysitting me?”

“I am a guardian not a babysitter.”

“What’s the difference?”

“A lot!”

If Andrea was alive she would have whacked me on the head already. Teasing Andre became a favorite hobby of mine for the past two weeks that she had been teaching me how to recognize ghosts.

“So, it wasn’t Michael?” She shook her head “Then who is he?”

“What part of I am not allowed to tell you is hard to understand?”

I shrugged “You are my guardian, aren’t you?”

“Yes.”

“You should be guiding me and teaching me stuffs, right?”

“I know, but this is different. This has nothing to do with Michael.”

A small smile formed on her lips and gave me an apologetic look before she disappeared.
Chapter End Notes:
I am not really comfortable of using BAM!, it should be a sound of breaking glasses, right? Any ideas? :)