- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey there! It's been more than a month since the last update for this story and a lot of things happened. After spending the christmas season with the family, I flew here to Dubai to be with my husband. And for the last couple of days I got sick. I'm sorry that this is not a good chapter, since it has been so long I was at the point where I don't know how to end Leo and Gary's story. Hopefully, you'll love the next chapter where I will introduce Kate. Thanks for reading!
“I’m really sorry.” I said with hesitation while staring at my feet. I was helping Leo put his things on his car’s compartment.

“Drop it, Nick.” He answered without looking at me. He already told me yesterday to stop apologizing because it wasn’t my fault. But I felt guilty when Bobby, with Howie and Kevin’s approval, fired Leo yesterday.

“You don’t understand, I should have told them the truth.”

“The truth was they found Fred’s cellphone on my bag. End of story.” Leo closed the compartment and walked towards the driver’s seat. “Don’t worry about me.”

“But ---” I tried to stop him by blocking his way with my body.

I felt something funny when my left hand touched the hood of his car. I felt like someone grabbed me and I was being electrocuted. I had no choice but to close my eyes, and when I opened them I was sitting on the passenger seat of Leo’s car while he was driving.

“What happened? Where are we?” I asked while looking around. The place was not familiar to me at all.

“Hey!” Leo was ignoring me and he kept talking to someone on his cell phone, it was as if I didn’t exist.
Leo started stepping on the brake when we were about to approach an intersection and green stop light was blinking. Then I saw Gary, the annoying ghost, on the other side of the road waiting for the right time to cross the street. The next thing I knew Gary was hit by speeding car who beat the red light. The impact was so vigorous that Gary’s body crashed on Leo’s windshield.

“Nick? Nick?”

Leo snapped me back to reality by shaking my shoulders. He got a worried look on his eyes when I looked at him.

“Oh my God! You didn’t kill him.” I blurted out without thinking.

“What? Come on, Nick, I have no time for this.” He tried to remove my hand that was blocking his way from his car.

“Were you ever involved in a vehicular accident?” I was still trying my luck. Leo can’t leave until I resolve this matter; it was for his own good.

“Yes. Two years ago but it was not my fault.”

“I know. Leo, this might be hard to believe but there is a ghost attached to you. His name is Gary and he was the victim of that road accident. He believes that you were the one who killed him and was taking his revenge on you for the past two years.” I said as fast as I could, I didn’t give him a chance to cut me off.

“Are you kidding me?” Leo’s reaction was normal. Hell, I would freak out too if somebody told me those things.

“He made the spotlight fall so everyone would blame you, Gary put Fred’s cellphone on your bag, he made you tripped over invisible things, and God knows what else he did to you.” I took a deep breath and sighed heavily “It’s not easy to believe but I can see ghosts, and he has been following you for years now. He even warned me to stay away and not to interfere with his business.”

“I believe you,” Leo nodded “For the past two years, there are so many things happened to me that I can’t explain. This is a usual stuff, actually, colleague’s things that were being found on my bag or locker, and next thing I knew I had to find a job again.”

“I’m sorry.”

“So, what should we do now? Can this be stopped?”

“I will try. But for the meantime you have to stay until we can talk to him and clear things out.”

“But Bobby already fired me.”

“Stay until the concert is over.” I handed him one ticket for the concert tonight “See you later.”

“Thanks, Nick.”

I winked and gave him a small smile before I turned around.


~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Didn’t I tell you to mind your own business?”

I looked up from typing a SMS on my cellphone and saw the angry ghost standing in front of me.

“Hey, Gary! I’ve been looking for you.” I gave him a wide grin that would surely annoyed him.

“This is my final warning, Carter. If you won’t leave that guy alone, I have no choice but to agree on what Michael want me to do to you.” He even pointed his index finger at me.

“Leo didn’t kill you, Gary.”

“Don’t make me laugh, Kid.” He snorted

“I swear. I saw it.”

“How can you possibly see it? You were not there.”

“I have my ways.”

“Stop this nonsense, I just came here to warn you.”

“You are taking your revenge on the wrong person, and besides the culprit is already paying his crime on jail.” I showed him an article from a newspaper that I got on the internet, the story of how the driver that hit him surrendered was there.

“But I saw my body on his car, and from that time I didn’t let him out of my sight.”

I explained to him how he was crossing the street and was hit by a speeding car. If ghosts could still cry, I was pretty sure this one would be bawling like a kid right now.

“I didn’t know…. I’m sorry… Can you tell that guy how sorry I am?” Gary said after a few minutes of silence. He had a worried look on his face.

“Sure.”

“Do you think he can forgive me?”

“I think he already did, and that’s what you need to do as well. Forgive everyone who harmed you when you were still alive.”

“That’s not easy to do but I will try.” He paused as he looked over my shoulder, he was staring at something behind me. “They were right, it’s beautiful.”

“Are you seeing the light?” I turned around even though I knew I wouldn’t be able to see it.

“Yes, but I am not ready to go yet.”

“Are you going to take your revenge to the man on prison?”

“No. I think I’m done with it, it’s just that I am not yet ready to explore the afterlife world. Thank you for your help, Nick Carter. I assure you that I will not let Michael use me against you. I’m on your side.” Gary flashed a big smile before he disappeared.

I couldn’t wait to tell Leo the good news, but at the same time I was disappointed that Gary chose to ignore the light.
Chapter End Notes:
:)