- Text Size +
“Oh my God!”

I quickly turned around and covered my mouth to keep myself from vomiting. Now, I know why Andrea wished me luck when I told her I was going to a hospital to visit Baylee. There were so many ghosts roaming around, and most of them were sporting their look when they died. It looked like the hospital were invaded by zombies. There were too much blood, and my stomach could only take so much.

“Sir, are you okay?” A nurse approached me. She guided me back inside the hospital.

“Yes, I think so. I just need to know which room is assigned to my friend’s son. Baylee Littrell.” I closed my eyes for a moment knowing it would take her a minute or so to check Baylee’s room from their records.

“Room 305. Just go straight then left and you will see the elevator, right beside the pharmacy.”

“Thank you.” I was surprised she knew the information right away. Maybe everyone in the hospital already knows that Brian Littrell’s son was admitted here.

“You’re welcome.” Blood started coming out from her mouth as she smiled.

“Aaaahhhh…… Get the fuck away from me!” I screamed and started to run away. I stopped running when I reached a dead end. I was facing a door that only hospital staff could open.

“Sir, are you okay?” I heard someone asked, and when I turned around, I saw another woman wearing a nurse uniform.

“No, no, stay away from me, please…” I held up my hand to make her stop from walking towards me.

“Sir, Sir, are you okay?” She took a step closer and put the back of her hand on my forehead.

“No!” I tried to take her hand off me, but I stopped when I realized she was able to touch me. “You’re alive?”

“You look so pale, Sir. Would you like me to take you to the emergency room?” I was relieved she ignored my dumb question.

“No, thanks, I’m good. Please, just help me find the room where Baylee Littrell is admitted.”

“Sure. Why don’t you sit over there and wait for me. I’ll just go to the nearest nurse station to check.” She pointed at a waiting area, couple of meters away from us.

I kept my head down and refrain from looking around. Most of the ghosts were ignoring me, but there were some staring at me. They probably couldn’t decide if they would approach me or not. And, I hope they would stay that way until the nurse came back.

“Why do you keep ignoring me? Answer my questions, damn it! I am starting to lose my patience here, Mister, and I’m sure you wouldn’t like to see me pissed!”

I heard an angry man yelling. I got curious and I couldn’t help but check. He was following a man in white uniform and waving his hand in front of him furiously. He suddenly stopped following the man when he walked past me. He took big steps backwards until he was in front of me.

“You can see me?” It was more of a statement than a question.

I pretended that I was checking my nails and completely ignored him.

“Come on, Man, I know you can see me.”

“Baylee’s room is 412. I already informed Mr. Littrell that Baylee has a visitor.” The nurse came back and informed me.

“Thank you.”

I started walking towards the elevator and the angry ghost followed me.

“I need your help.”

“Please, just let me visit my friend’s son first. I’ll deal with you later.”

“But, this is really important. I need to talk to that nurse. I need to know the answer to my questions but he’s not responding.”

I took a deep breath and sighed. There was no easy way to tell someone that they’re already dead.

“I’m sorry, Man. That nurse couldn’t see or hear you because you’re already dead.”

“I know. My body is in the morgue at the basement. I am not sure, but probably for five days already. I saw that nurse and his colleague change shifts five times since my body was brought here.”

“Then, what do you want?”

“I just want to know why no one claimed my body yet. I wanna know why I am stuck here. Can you please ask them for me?”

“Ok. What is your name?”

He stared at me as if I just asked him an algebra question. Then, he closed his eyes for a moment, obviously trying to remember something. Confusion and fear were evident on his face when he opened his eyes.

“I don’t know.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for still reading! :)