- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And so my attempt for the October challenge comes to an end. I hope you all enjoyed it.  I'm sure this story will continue in the future. :)  I want to thank my Bad Girls for allowing me to write them all into my story! :)  Love you girls!

 

Chapter 06

            He runs to his room and gets dressed.  He grabs a duffle bag and throws clothes into it, not really seeing what he's packing. When his doorbell rings, his heart skips a beat. Thea. She came to him.

            He runs full speed to the door, throwing it open, only to have his heart sink as he sees Lauren standing before him. She steps inside and says, "Hey Baby, I missed you."

            She presses against him and pulls his face to hers.  When she kisses him, he forgets about Thea, the heat of Lauren's body overshadowing his memories.  He pulls her further into the house, moaning against her lips as her hands dig into his ass.  She pulls her lips from his and says, "I knew you'd be horny Nicky. You always want to fuck after we fight."

            He grabs her hair and pulls her face forcefully back to his. As his lips plunder hers, she pushes him into a chair and straddles his lap.  As she's grinding on his denim clad hard on, she moves her lips to his neck and bites him.  His eyes fly open and his gaze falls on the Vamplet.  It scares him when he sees a tear fall from its eye.  He pushes Lauren away and says, "NO!"

            She stands and says, "What the fuck is wrong with you Nick?"

            He turns to her and says, "I have to find Thea."

            He grabs the Vamplet and runs to his room with Lauren hot on his heels.  "Who is Thea? Are you cheating on me Nickolas?"

            When she calls him that, his heart breaks.  He turns to her and says, "No, I cheated on her. I have to make it right. Good bye Lauren."

            She chases him out the door, slapping at his back and cursing him. She says, "You bastard! You can't leave me. We're getting married."

            He turns to her and says, "No, we're not."

            Before she can slap him, Mireya walks up and says, "We'll take care of Lauren. Please, save Thea."

            He turns to the 5 women who changed his life and says, "I will."

            As he's leaving, he hears Amelia say, "Don't worry, Lauren, you won't remember a thing."

 

            When Nick gets to the airport, he manages to get a flight to Atlanta.  The waiting is agony but he knows that's where Thea is.  At the time of their marriage, Thea and Nick had lived on a plantation in what is now Georgia. He has no idea if it's still there, but his gut tells him it is. 

            He barely notices the passage of time. He keeps remembering the look of desolation on Thea's face, the single tear that fell from her lashes. First when he was dying, then when he turned her away, making her think he chose Lauren. He'll never be able to make this up to her.

            After the plane lands, he rents a car and starts driving. He doesn't really see the road or the traffic around him.  All he can see is Thea's face in his mind.  When the car turns down what appears to be a deserted road, he feels a knot form in his stomach.  He hits the brakes when the car can go no further because of the overgrown brush. He gets out and starts walking, letting his memories carry him home.

            When he sees the house, his heart starts pounding. It's still here. He follows the well worn path around the house to the tiny family cemetery in the back.  He stops and stares.  Thea is sitting on her knees by a headstone. Even from hundreds of feet away, he can tell she's crying.  His heart breaks as he slowly walks towards her.

            He stops at the small gate on the fence surrounding the graves.  He stops and watches her; amazed that she doesn't know he's there. Before he can speak, he hears her say, "I made a promise to you, Beloved. I promised to accept your decision.  And I do. I hope when I die, whatever soul I may possess finds you. I've missed you Nickolas. Every day for hundreds of years, I have missed you so. My life is finally over, My Love. I hope I'm coming home to you."

            Tears spill out of Nick's eyes as he whispers, "You are home Thea."

            She shudders, taking a deep breath. When she turns, she sees Nick. She smiles at him and says, "I'd hope it would be painless, but I was so afraid. I didn't think I'd really find you when I died."

            He steps forward and says, "Thea, you are not dead. I am here, now with you."

            She shakes her head and says, "No, you chose her. My life is over now because she won your heart. I couldn't protect it like I promised I would."

            He steps even closer and she steps backwards. He says, "Don't run from me Thea. I only want to prove to you that I'm real. I won't hurt you again, Beloved."

            Her gaze flies to his.  She whispers, "But you chose..."

            He smiles gently, love flowing from his eyes.  He says, "I choose you, Thea. I love you now as I loved you the day we were married."

            Her hands start to shake and she reaches out.  He takes her hand gently in his and says, "I remember. Amelia showed me the way back to you. I've missed you Thea."

            She steps closer, falling into his arms sobbing as she whispers, "Beloved."

            He sweeps her up into his arms and carries her into the house.  Looking around, he's not surprised to see it's in great shape. He says, "You live here, don't you Thea?"

            She nods against his neck, whispering, "I couldn't let it go. Not as long as..."

            He squeezes her tightly against him as he walks into the library.  Sitting on the sofa, he cradles her in his lap and says, "I remember it all Thea.  But what happens now?"

            Looking into his beautiful blue eyes, she says, "If you want to complete the journey, Nickolas, you will become a vampire. We can be together always. But I will abide by your decision, as I said before."

            He strokes her hair back from her face and says, "Thea, you said before you couldn't make me a vampire."

            She smiles at him and says, "Then I couldn't. I didn't have the knowledge or strength. After...after you died, I made it my life's work to find out how our kind are created.  When I found you the first time, I wasn't ready.  Amelia helped me figure it all out. It takes more than one of our kind.  We must all share a part of ourselves with you. It takes the blood of 6 to create. You have tasted my sisters. If you choose this path, you will drink from me."

            He smiles at her and says, "What do you mean if? Thea, I belong to you as much now as I did when we were married. There is no if. I want to be with you always."

            She leans forward and kisses him timidly.  When their lips touch, they both are flooded with emotion.  Nick drinks from her lips, letting his mind drift back to their wedding night.  It's as amazing now as it was then.

            When their lips part, he see tears in Thea's eyes. He wipes them away and says, "What do I do?"

            She leans back and uses a fingernail to slice a gash in the side of her throat. He leans forward and slowly begins to drink from her.  His body is bathed in heat as he feels her blood flow into his mouth.

            He feels the changes within his body.  He pulls away from her neck and slowly licks up the blood that trickled down to her chest.  He whispers, "I love you Thea."

            She smiles at him and says, "I love you too, Nickolas."

            She stands before him and undresses, her body glistening in the moonlight from outside.  He whispers, "You're still so beautiful."

            She says, "Nickolas, I need your seed.  For the transformation to be complete we must be joined as one."

            He stands and undresses, keenly aware of the feelings inside his body. He starts to feel weak, even though he's hard and ready to make love to her.  She guides him to the floor and straddles his body. She says, "It must be this way, my love."

            Even though he can barely move, feeling her take his length inside her body gives him pleasure like he's never felt before. She leans down and whispers, "Let go, my love. Then we'll truly be one."

            He doesn't remember his climax.  The next thing he knows is he's opening his eyes to a whole new world. He feels the changes in his body. The thirst for blood is overpowering.  When he sits up, Thea says, "Nickolas, I know you hunger. But you must let me teach you."

            He looks at her and says, "I know. You must teach me not to kill.  Will we be together always, Thea?"

            She smiles and says, "Always, Beloved."

 

            After teaching Nickolas how to hunt and feed discreetly, without taking life, they make their way back to LA.  Back to Thea's family of vampires. Nick is welcomed with open arms.  At first he feels awkward with them, knowing how he had been with them.  Thea told him that it was necessary for the transformation. They couldn't give him their blood without getting his seed, as they called it.  It was a balance that had to be maintained to keep them alive.

            After several weeks adjusting to his new role as a vampire, Thea approaches him and says, "Beloved, I must ask a favor."

            He smiles at her, using his strong hands to rip her clothes from her body. He says, "You may have anything you desire, My Love, but first, I must have you."

            She smiles and opens herself to him, reveling in the feeling of his body as he savagely takes her.  Nick's love making never ceases to amaze her. Sometimes, he's slow and gentle, sometimes creative and funny, and then at times like now, he just takes her.  He makes her feel alive and wanted. 

            After filling her body with his seed, he drinks from her neck, causing another ripple of an orgasm to rip through her body.  As she lays snuggled in his arms, he says "What do you desire, Beloved?"

            She says, "My sisters...they would like to have mates. If you will agree, they have chosen who they would like to spend eternity with."

            Nick smiles at her and says, "Why do I get the feeling that NKOTBSB is going to have more than one vampire in the group?"

            Over the next month, 5 of Nick's closest friends fall in love with Thea's sisters.  Amelia is with AJ McLean, Mireya is with Howie Dorough, Kris is with Brian Littrell, Marguerite is with Kevin Richardson, and Rachel is with Donnie Wahlberg.  Now that they have all fallen in love, Nick prepares them all for the journey by saying, "You guys ever heard of Vamplets?"

 

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know!  :)