- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter, happy thanksgiving everyone!
Chapter 12


Nick walked out of the principal's office feeling angrier than he had felt in a long time. He walked quickly, picking up his pace until he saw the willow tree. As a child this place had calmed him down....when he closed his eyes he could hear their catcalls and laughter. Nick climbed and sat in the branch, it was very sturdy. He sat there for a while, listening to the wind rustle in the leaves. He wiped his eyes, how could this be happening again? How could he let someone berate him like the principal had done? He blamed himself. Aaron didn't deserve any of this, he didn't deserve to go through what he had. Nick sighed and felt something in his back so he turned...and that's when he saw it. Carved sloppily in the wood was a heart...

N & A


He smiled, feeling it with his fingers as he remembered the day he had met her.



"Are you okay?"

He nodded as he wiped his eyes, unable to take them off of her. She had long brown hair and chocolate brown eyes....he thought she was like an angel there to rescue him.

"What's your name?"

"N-Nick...." he sniffed. She reached her hand towards him and he stared at it, trembling.

"Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you."

Nick took her hand and the second they touched....he felt safe, like nothing would happen to him when she was around. He trusted her right from the beginning, when it seemed like nobody cared for him at all.

"I'm Amanda...nice to meet you." the girl said, smiling warmly at him as she pulled him to his feet and into the sunlight....



"Nicky?" Nick blinked and found himself back at the willow tree. Amanda was standing below him, smiling at him.

"I'm fine. Sorry I took off like that." Nick said as he hopped down from the branch and she put her arms around him.

"That principal was an ass. I am so sorry he did that to you. It's not your fault Aaron got bullied." Amanda replied, before kissing his cheek. Her eyes fell upon the heart carved into the tree and she smiled.

"I know it's not my fault...I guess I got carried away." Nick said, shrugging.

"Did you do that?" she asked, pointing at the tree.

"When I was a kid. I told you, I knew I would end up with you....you made me feel special...like I was important." he whispered on the way back to the car.

"Baby, you are always special to me. So what are we going to do about Aaron?" Amanda asked.

"I am pulling him out of that school. Maybe try a private one?" Nick suggested. Amanda smiled as she watched him open the door for her before helping her into the car. He was always a gentleman.

"Private schools are good cause they don't tolerate bullying of other students. We should look into that." she agreed. Nick was silent until they got into the driveway at home.

"I want to raise awareness, this bullying needs to stop....I am gonna talk to Howie and see what I can do about it." he said thoughtfully.

"That's a great idea. Make it safe for our kids, and make sure it doesn't happen again." Amanda agreed. Nick helped her out of the car and they went inside, hand in hand. Over the next few days, he and Amanda looked into private school for Aaron. They found a good one in town that was co ed, that had zero tolerance for bullying. Everything was working out just fine, Nick was home and taking care of Amanda as she entered her eighth month of pregnancy. Amanda noticed that Nick was on the phone a lot with Howie discussing the album, along with doing some interviews about raising awareness for bullying. Nick's schedule was becoming jam packed and he was working hard.


"Honey, you look tired....maybe you should rest." Amanda said when Nick got home from an interview in Orlando late one night.

"Look...I was trying to hold off telling you, but...I gotta leave for a few weeks." Nick said, bracing himself for her reaction. Amanda put her hand to her stomach, the baby kicking as if it didn't want Nick to leave.

"Nick....I'm eight months along....I have a feeling the baby is gonna come early. You can't go anywhere now." she said tearfully. Nick took her hand and kissed it, not looking happy about the situation.
"I have to go. There's some photo shoots for the album and I have press....things like that need to be taken care of in LA. I gotta go. I can't talk Howie out of this one." he said as they walked upstairs. Nick dug out a suitcase and began to pack, preparing for his trip.

Amanda watched him, holding her belly as she frowned....she didn't want Nick to miss this baby. Nick was set to leave the following day, he stood at the door saying goodbye, Amanda wearing a pout.
"Nick, I wish you wouldn't go. I really have a bad feeling about this." she said, putting her arms around him.

"Its only for two and a half weeks, baby. I will be back in no time, the baby's not due for a while yet." Nick answered as his taxi outside honked. Amanda held Nick and kissed him....her tongue dancing with his as she held him. She was determined to get him to stay in Florida as long as possible. She grinned when they parted, could feel his heat radiating from his body. Amanda led him away from the door, kissing him and letting her hands wander....she knew he was getting turned on.

Nick stole breaths of air as they kissed passionately, the fire between them ignited. He had forgotten about the taxi outside....he had forgotten about everything. He kicked the door closed and followed her into the house, what was one more night home with his wife?