- Text Size +
A couple of days had gone by since Nick had the meeting with Savannah and Howie. Things seemed pretty quiet so Nick went back to his routine, playing with the kids and getting some work done on the album he was working on. He spent a lot of time writing songs and recording some when he could, along with planning the birthday party for Amanda. He was content in keeping busy and Brian noticed he seemed less stressed out when he came to see Lisa one afternoon. Nick and Amanda had given Lisa a night off so Brian could take her out to dinner.

“You seem happy.” Brian said, smiling as Nick walked through the kitchen holding his daughter and humming a tune.

“Hi, Bwian.” Celine waved, and Brian kissed her on the cheek. He often thought of Celine as his daughter in a way because he’d spent so much time helping Amanda when Lance had walked out. Celine loved Brian just as much as she loved her dad.

“Hey, princess. Are you being good for Daddy?”

“Yes.” Celine replied.

“She sure is.” Nick said, kissing her on the cheek as well as she giggled.’

“Other than coloring, anything interesting going on in the Carter house today?” Brian laughed, looking at the messy drawings on the kitchen table. Crayons of various colors were spread out and papers were hung up on the refrigerator with magnets.

“Not a whole lot...oh no.” Nick muttered. His phone was going off again but he rejected the call. It immediately began to ring again and once again, Nick rejected it before putting the phone on silent. He set Celine down in the chair next to him and she began to draw again.

“Draw a picture for Brian.” Nick said. Celine went right to work, singing to herself as she colored. Nick smiled at her and he nodded for Brian to follow him over by the kitchen counter, where they could talk but be in view of Celine. Bryan was napping in the other room in his crib.

“Who keeps calling you?”

“I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that, actually.”

“So what’s going on?” Brian asked. AJ walked into the kitchen and greeted Celine before joining them.

“Nick’s got a stage five clinger.”

Nick started laughing at this comment and so did Brian.

“Hey, you do though.”

“She only wants me because I’m a singer. I told her I’m not interested.”

“Were you very clear about this with her? Some women cannot take a hint and you have to spell it out for them.” Brian asked once they’d stopped laughing.

“Like Jessica?” AJ replied, and Brian made a face.

“That was something I did not need to be reminded about….but we are not here to talk about my botched prom date that wanted to sleep with half of the football team in South Beach.”

“Savannah will not leave me alone. Ever since I told her I don’t want to work with her anymore, she’s been blowing up my phone and just acting crazy. She tweeted about me the other day too. Acting like we are BFFs.” Nick continued, recalling the photo Savannah had posted on her Instagram account. He had to laugh at this once again because fans let her have it, noticing he hadn’t really acknowledged her and he’d unfollowed her on twitter. He’d gone so far as to block her so he wouldn’t see her tagging him in any posts and knew she was angry about it because he was still getting texts. Blocking her phone number was the next form of action he was planning on taking and if it came down to it, a restraining order. She was obsessed and he had no idea what to do. Brian was quiet for a while before he spoke again.

“Well, unfortunately she hasn’t threatened you or tried anything physical to give cause for a restraining order. Her stalking seems to be pretty digital.”

Nick nodded in agreement but it still made him worry, especially about the fan event and Amanda’s birthday party. He knew Savannah was once a fan before this all started, would she show up at the fan event? He’d sold a lot of tickets to the event already which included a short set along with a meet and greet. Fans from all over were coming and Nick wanted it to go well because it was the first time he’d done something like this. Howie had said that it would be a great idea when Nick suggested it in the first place.

“I can keep an eye on things for your event if you want some extra security, I can talk to some of the guys at the station and see if we can help you out.” Brian offered.

“That would be great. I am thinking of hiring a bodyguard too. Howie thinks that it is a good idea now that things have been going the way they are….he keeps asking me why I don’t have regular security. We are going to look into hiring someone.”

“You can do that too. I think it’s good for you especially with this girl.” Brian said.

“I’m surprised you didn’t get one after Celine was kidnapped, honestly and your mom...Bri is right. You definitely need someone to watch you when you’re out.” AJ agreed. Nick finally promised to get a bodyguard and Brian took Lisa out before Nick had to leave for rehearsal at the club. AJ took over watching the kids and Nick drove over, stopping on the way to get Amanda a coffee.

“Now I got a stage five clinger…” he began to sing as he drove. As he made his way to the club, he started to write a new song.

“You look happy today, baby.” Amanda noticed when he walked in and handed her the coffee in his hand. He took a drink of his own and kissed her on the cheek as he walked by.

“I guess I am, yeah. Celine drew some pictures...we had a good day. Brian stopped by too.”

“Did you talk to him about Savannah?”

“Yes, and he suggested that I hire a bodyguard, or at least up the security at my fan event and I agreed with him. Savannah is a fan and I don’t want to take any chances with her showing up. Howie’s already been making sure she doesn’t buy any tickets to this event but I want her nowhere near the club. You’ve told your security as well?” Nick asked. He greeted his band and started prepping for rehearsal. Amanda liked to be there for the band rehearsal, not only did she get to see Nick perform in a natural setting but she enjoyed being a part of things. Nick would often ask her opinion and he would sometimes take her suggestions as well. It felt like they were truly partners and Amanda couldn’t like it any more than she did already.

“I think a bodyguard is a great idea.” Amanda agreed after they’d talked more about it.

“Me too. I already texted Howie and told him to set something up.”

“Let’s hope he’s better at picking someone to protect you than he is at picking someone for you to mentor.” Amanda laughed.

“I hope so too.” Nick smiled, laughing as he went up on the stage to do a song.


Nick couldn’t get the song he’d been writing out of his head and started to mess around on stage, the band was confused and stopped playing when he began singing a song they’d never heard before.


“Now I got a stage five clinger, trying to put a ring on my finger…”

“What’s that you’re singing? It’s not in the set list.” Amanda interrupted.

“Sorry. Just something I couldn’t get out of my head. I was writing it earlier. I've been working on the new album.” Nick apologized.

“I like it. I wonder who was your inspiration for those lyrics, though?”

Nick laughed because it was a combination of people. This song made him think of Katie and Savannah...both of them were crazy and only wanted him because he was famous, not because he was a good person. He’d not heard from Katie since their run in at the wedding, mostly because he got a restraining order on her. He didn’t really want to do that again with Savannah because it wasn’t a good track record having two girls on restraining orders….but if Savannah didn’t leave him alone he could see himself doing that. She had not done anything to warrant it but Nick just hoped her harassment was set digitally. He was happy Brian was willing to help with the situation and he kept pretty quiet on social media about it. He only posted photos of his family, especially the kids.

Happiness was the best revenge and things were going perfectly. Nick just hoped that it would keep going that way.