- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Super busy this weekend, but managed an update :) hope you enjoy!
Chapter 6

Now that Nick knew he was about to become a dad for the second time, he started to worry....he wasn't there for Amanda's pregnancy with Celine. He had been afraid at the time....afraid he wouldn't be a good father.


"Lance...you were around when Amanda was pregnant. Am I in over my head?" Nick asked when Lance had come over to the house. Since the two of them had put aside their differences, Nick realized Lance was actually a nice guy to hang out with.

"You're gonna have a fun time when the mood swings kick in. She wouldn't let me touch her for most of the pregnancy. Pregnant women get emotional, you gotta be very careful what you say." Lance warned with a laugh.

"Mood swings?"

"She used to cry over the littlest thing. You'll be fine, just take care of her like you do now. Every pregnancy is different." Lance said. Just to be prepared, Nick got a book on pregnancy and read it, he wanted to make sure he did everything right.



Over the next week or so, Amanda began to feel her hormones start to control her. She also noticed a change in Nick's wardrobe...he started to wear tighter clothes and not the baggy, loose fitting ones anymore. He worked out more....ate healthier. It was a good change but everything he did just made him sexier.


"Carter is late again." Skye, Nick's drummer teased. Amanda didn't mind Nick being late to rehearsal but he had been making a habit of it again. Nick finally showed up and Amanda was getting ready to say something when she noticed what he wore. Nick had on tight jeans that accented certain areas....and a white tank top that hugged his muscles. She wanted him then and there but there was business to attend to first. She waited until Nick rehearsed....his voice was on point that day and it did nothing but turn her on more.

"Nick....I need to see you in my office." Amanda called sternly. Nick laughed off the catcalls from his band and went up the stairs to Amanda's office, his hands in his pockets as she followed.

"Look, I am sorry I was la-" Nick started, but his words were cut off by the door locking behind them. Nick was claustrophobic and his heart began to race.

"You have been a bad boy, Nick." Amanda whispered, walking towards him.

"What are you doing?"

"You have been late a lot this week....and I think you need to be punished." she said huskily as she moved towards the desk. In a fluid motion, Amanda knocked everything off of the desk and onto the floor....papers flying all around them. Nick was confused until Amanda grabbed him by the shirt and threw him down onto the desk, kissing him. Her mouth engulfed his until he needed to catch breath.

"Amanda, I-" Nick said, but she turned him over and spanked him. At first Nick's reaction was to tell her to stop....but he was turned on. The way she hit him was more sensual than to punish. Nick kissed her, his tounge dancing with hers as they undressed and made love right on the desk in his wife's office. After they finished, Nick got dressed and ran a hand through his hair.

"If that's punishment....I will be late every day." he laughed.

"Now go out there and act like I yelled at you." Amanda instructed, patting him on the ass as he left the office. Nick walked downstairs through the empty club towards his band...a look of defeat on his face as he moved towards the door.

"Why do you put up with him, Amanda? He's always late or doing something stupid." Skye commented after Nick left.

"There is a method to my madness." Amanda smirked, feeling satisfied as she watched her husband leave.

"That would be?" Skye asked, fixing her blonde hair.

"The sex is amazing."




Nick came back to the club for his gig that night wearing the same jeans but a button up powder blue shirt had replaced the tank top. His energy was up, and Amanda noticed that he was more interactive with his audience. Nick went into the crowd, serenading one of the fans during a slow song. The fans were talking and all Amanda could do was smile.

"I don't know what his wife is doing, but I like the new Nick. He seems happier and confident." one of them said as they stood by the bar during Nick's set. It didn't stop there....Nick almost killed his audience by unbuttoning his shirt...exposing his bare chest underneath to the delight of the crowd. Amanda was surprised, he usually didn't show off his body.

Later that night when they lay in bed together cuddling, Amanda decided to find out what had changed in her husband.

"Nick?"

"Yes?" Nick asked, kissing her gently on the forehead.

"I noticed you have been showing off a lot lately....not that I am complaining, because I love it...but you never used to." Amanda pointed out.

"My therapist and I talked about why I wear such baggy clothes or layers of clothes. I was hiding under them because I felt ashamed....I felt ugly, remember?" Nick explained.

"You're not-" Amanda started.

"I know I am not ugly, I just felt that I was. I used the clothes to make excuses....I used them because I was afraid to be hurt. My therapist told me I should stop hiding. I don't feel ugly anymore, Amanda." Nick said.

"I'm glad for that, baby." Amanda replied, nuzzling into his neck, his chin resting on her head.

"When do we find out the sex of the baby?" Nick asked, putting his arm around her and his other hand resting on her stomach.

"Not until I am about three months along, and besides....I think we should wait until the baby is born." Amanda said, although she had a feeling it would be the boy she and Nick both wanted.

"I like surprises anyway." Nick whispered as he kissed her again. Amanda smiled, putting her hand over Nick's as she thought about the baby forming inside of her...hoping it would turn out the way she and Nick wished it would.