- Text Size +
Katherine woke a short time later and felt like something was wrong. She slowly made her way down the stairs being met by one of the dogs.
“ Hey there, where’s daddy?” She asked thinking the dog would lead her to where AJ was sitting. JD led her down the hall to the empty wheelchair.
“ Alex?” Katherine called out looking around the room, this didn’t feel right.
“ ALEX!” Katherine screamed looking around the room. “ Alex?” She asked again knowing he was gone. His chair still sat where he had been near the window yet he was nowhere to be found. Katherine jumped when she heard a knock on the door. She walked over to it and looked out to see Howie and Nick standing on the other side. She opened the door and looked at them.
“ What’s wrong?” Nick asked seeing the tears rolling down her cheeks.
“ He’s gone.” Katherine said looking at him. Nick pulled her into his arms and looked around the room. AJ was nowhere to be seen. Howie walked into the house and looked around. JD walked up to him and barked.
“ Hey little buddy. Kathy when did you guys get the dogs back?”
“ Earlier, his mom dropped them off why?” Kathy asked
“ Kathy, did u see this?” He asked holding up a small envelope addressed to her. Katherine was about to take it from him when she saw officers standing in the doorway.
“ Mrs. McLean? What’s wrong?” One asked seeing her tears.
“ Alex is gone. His chair is still here but he’s gone.” Katherine cried.
“ What is that?” The officer asked Howie. Howie held out the envelope and handed it to the officer. The officer opened the envelope and pulled the small note.
“ Mrs. McLean do you know what this says?”
“ No. What does it say?” She asked.
“ You husband’s been kidnapped. They said they’d been in touch and no police where to be involved. Ma’am we are already involved.”
“ Get out.” Katherine said taking the note from him.
“ Ma’am let us help you.”
“ Get out, if this costs my husband his life. I will never forgive anyone get out.” Katherine shouted. The officer understood and turned and left the house with his partner. Katherine dropped down onto the couch and began to sob.
“ I’ll call Denise and have her come and get Brandon.” Howie said.
“ Don’t tell her what happened.” Nick said looking at him.
“ Not planning on it. Kathy doesn’t need any more stress. Nick, get that chair out of site. I’ll call the others too.” Howie said heading into the kitchen to make the phone calls. Nick guided Katherine to the couch and had her sit down.







AJ moaned as his world began to come back to him. His head hurt he tried to move his arms only to find them tied above him.
“ Oh look our guest is awake.” Courtney said coming into the room.
“ Hmm!” AJ tried threw the gag in his mouth. Courtney walked over and touched his cheek. AJ turned his eyes away from her as anger filled them.
“ What’s the matter my Alex. I am going to help you learn to love me and forget about that bitch.” Courtney said looking at him. AJ’s eyes snapped towards her and a low growl came from deep within him. Courtney looked at him and then backhanded him hard.
“ Don’t talk back little boy. Or you will die just like your pretty wife.”
“ Court what do you want done next?”
“ Wait till she’s alone and bring her here. He’ll watch her die. I will comfort him.” Courtney said looking back towards AJ. She watched as tears slipped down his cheeks. She moved her fingers over his cheeks.
“ Don’t cry, we will be a happy family. You, me and your son.” She said looking at him. AJ closed his eyes and tried to remain calm.
“ Court there’s a call for you.”
“ Coming Simon. Be back later baby. Get some sleep, we have a long night a head of us.” She said kissing his cheek. AJ waited for her to leave the room and began pulling on the ropes that held his arms above his head. This could not be happening. After everything he had been threw in the last year now he’s got a crazy woman wanting him and was willing to kill his wife. AJ stopped struggling when the door opened again, he looked to see the man Courtney had called Simon enter the room and close the door.
“ That’s my woman, I am only doing this because it makes her happy. But I will not let you take her from me.” Simon hissed at AJ. AJ looked away from him, staring at a place on the wall.
“ Oh I could kill you and be done with it. But you’re her boy band bad boy with a baby.” Simon growled as he grabbed AJ’s face and made him look at him. Simon untied AJ’s arms and yanked the gag free.
“ Bastard leave me alone, leave my family alone.” AJ screamed now that he could.
“ Calling me names? Your nothing more than a cripple, begging for attention.” Simon shouted at AJ. AJ narrowed his eyes and pushed himself into a standing position.
“ Oh the cripple can stand.” Simon laughed.
“ I’ve been working on this for almost a month. I will beat your ass.” AJ said looking at the man in front of him.
“ Try me little man.”
“ Simon what the fuck are you doing?” Courtney shouted coming back into the room. She looked between the two angry men and then placed her hand on AJ’s arm.
“ Calm down baby.” Courtney said looking at him.
“ Don’t call me that. I have a wife and a son. And I will see you both rot in jail for this.” AJ seethed. Courtney looked at him with anger in her eyes. She pulled a small needle from her pocket and plunged it into his arm.
“ Bitch.” AJ growled grabbing his now throbbing arm, the room began to spin and then his eyes rolled back in his head and he collapsed in a heap on the floor.
“ You ever do that again I will kill you myself. Go get his wife now. They will die together.” Courtney yelled. Simon nodded and left the room.





Katherine sat alone in her bedroom. Her knees against her chest, tears rolling down her cheeks. She didn’t even bother to look up when someone entered the room.
“ Kathy.” Kevin said as he sat down next to her.
“ He’s gone.” Katherine cried against his chest.
“ We will find him, Kathy we will find him.” Kevin said rubbing his hand on her back. Kevin hummed softly listening to her crying start to slow. He knew she was upset about AJ being missing but they all where. He held her close as he heard the door open slowly and then close, thinking it was one of the others checking on them he dismissed the sound.
“ I would stand quietly.” Kevin heard a voice say. Kevin looked towards the voice and saw a gun. Katherine nearly leaped from Kevin’s arms.
“ Don’t even scream or pretty boy here dies.” Simon said looking at Katherine.
“ Get out, there are a lot of people in the house. They will hear you.” Kevin said looking at him. Simon laughed and raised the gun.
“ That wont matter they wont get here in time. I will be gone with the lady here. And you’ll be dead.” Simon said raising the gun and aiming it at Kevin.
“ NO!” Katherine said looking at Simon. Simon looked at her and then back at Kevin.
“ The little lady seems to care.”
“ I’ll come freely.” She said looking at Kevin. Kevin was about to protest when Simon fired the gun and a dart came out. Kevin looked at the dart that had hit him in the chest and then fell to the floor in a heap.
“ What did you do?” Katherine cried dropping down next to her fallen friend. She placed her fingers on his neck and was releaved that he had a steady pulse. Simon pulled a needle from his pocket and plunged it into Katherine’s neck. Katherine looked up at him with cloudy eyes and then falls unconscious next to Kevin.

“ I wonder what’s going on upstairs?” Howie said as he headed up the stairs. He met a man in the hallway.
“ What the hell?” Howie said looking at the man holding Katherine in his arms. Simon looked at Howie and then saw Brian and Nick coming up behind him, too many people for his taste and he tossed Katherine at them. Howie caught Katherine but lost his balance falling backwards onto Nick and Brian. Causing the two behind him to lose their balance and the entire group to tumble down the stairs landing in a heap at the bottom. Simon had jumped from the second floor window landing in the bushes outside.

“ Oh god.” Howie said grabbing his ankle. Brian rolled off and grabbed his head.
“ Damn it that hurt.” Brian said grabbing his ribs.
“ Yes that it did. And I think I broke something. Majorly hurt and I think I broke something on Kathy too.” Nick said grabbing his wrist. Brian looked towards Katherine and saw the bruise forming on her cheek.
“ Damn.”
“ Ok I hate to do this but we need an ambulance.” Nick said crawling towards the phone.
“ Oh god he took Kathy.” Kevin’s voice could be heard from upstairs.
“ No, he didn’t.” Brian shouted up the stairs. Kevin scrambled down the stairs and about tripped over Katherine.
“ What the hell happened?” Kevin asked as he lifted Katherine off the floor.
“ We decided to find our way to the bottom of the stairs in a hurry what do you think happened?” Brian snapped.
“ We caught someone in the hallway holding Katherine and he threw her at us and we are all down here.” Nick said holding the phone in his hand.
“ How bad are you guys hurt?”
“ I think I broke something.” Nick said finally getting someone on the phone. Once he had explained what had happened he hung up.
“ The ambulance is on its way.” Nick said dropping the cordless phone onto the floor.
“ Did you break anything Bri?”
“ I don’t know but I hurt.” Howie said as he stayed laying on his back staring at the celing.
“ Guys how hard did you land on Kathy?” Kevin asked looking at Katherine.
“ Let’s see Kev we all tumbled down the stairs how the hell would we know.” Howie snapped at his friend. Kevin looked at him strangely.
“ Sorry I didn’t mean to snap she ok?”
“ I am fine.” Katherine said from where she was. Kevin looked down at her and smiled.
“ Are you sure?” Kevin asked.
“ Yep. And the pop you heard Nick was my shoulder going out of joint.” Katherine said sitting up slowly.
“ The paramedics are here.” Howie said from his place on the floor. The paramedics hurried into the house.