- Text Size +
Katherine lay on the couch her arm in a sling, her eyes closed.
“ Kathy how you feeling hon?” Nick asked looking over at her.
“ Yeah I’m fine, worried about Alex. But I am fine.” Katherine said looking towards her broken friend. Nick’s leg was broken in two places, Brian had a major headache, Howie broke two ribs and Kevin just was sore. They looked like they had been in a fight. Nick had a black eye and Howie had a fat lip. The fans would not be happy if they could see them. Kevin walked back from the front door with a package.
“ Who was at the door?” Katherine asked sitting up a bit. Kevin looked at her and held out the small package. Katherine took it with her good hand and checked the name.
“ Well it’s addressed to me I wonder what that is about?” Katherine said opening the package to have several pictures and a video dropped out into her lap. She picked up one of the pictures.
“ Oh my god.” Katherine gasped looking at the picture, Howie came over closer to her and looked at the picture.
“ My god.” Howie said taking it from her. “ He looks terrified.” Howie said handing the picture to Nick. Kevin took the tape and placed it in the VCR and pressed play. AJ’s painful screams filled the room as they all watched the man that had thrown Katherine at them whip AJ into unconsciousness.
“ Hello Katherine, he speaks so highly of you when he can speak. I hope you and his friends are watching this alone. I want 20 million dollars and guess what you have twenty-four hours to make it appear. And I will be in touch as to where you need to drop off the money. Don’t screw with me Kathy I will kill him.” Courtney said smiling into the camera. Over her shoulder AJ’s head was down and his back was bleeding badly.
“ Oh god. What am I going to do?”
“ We will get the money don’t worry about that.” Kevin said to her. Howie held Katherine close as she cried against his chest.
“ The banks aren’t open tomorrow Kevin.” Nick said looking at him. Kevin looked at his young friend as if he was going to strangle him where he sat.
“ I’ll make some calls we will be able to deal with it.” Howie said holding Katherine close.
“ She’s going to kill him I already know that.” Katherine said looking at them.
“ No she wont.” Kevin said trying to reassure her. Katherine couldn’t help the feeling she had that Courtney was going to kill AJ.
“ Prove it Kevin. Prove to me that she wont kill the only man that I’ve loved, the father of my son, it’s not fair. We’ve been threw so much why does this need to happen.”
“ Kathy you need to calm down hun.” Howie said rubbing her shoulders, he could tell she was tense and scared.
“ I cant calm down, that crazy woman has my Alex and she’s hurt him bad.” Katherine said looking at him sadly.
“ I know Kathy but we can’t have you losing it. Brandon needs his mom.”
“ Brandon needs his dad. I need his dad.” Katherine said as she began crying again. Howie looked towards Nick as he held her close.
“ Make the call Kev, find out what we can do.” Howie said, Kevin nodded and heading into the next room to make his call.
“ Kathy I need your permission to remove some money from Alex’s account.” Kevin said peeking into the room.
“ You’ve got it.” Katherine said looking up towards him. Kevin nodded and spoke again to someone o the other end. Howie held Katherine close as watched her drift off to sleep.
“ I have to call Linda.” Howie said sliding out from under Katherine. Howie pulled his cell phone from his pocket and waited to hear his wife’s voice on the other end of the phone.
“ Hey baby.” Howie said keeping his voice low.
“ How is she?” Linda asked
“ Sleeping. But she’s terrified, we received a letter and a video. They’ve hurt Alex pretty bad. It’s that damned Therapist.”
“ Oh you’re kidding? It’s Courtney.”
“ It’s Courtney, she had a thing for J, and when he wouldn’t return her feelings she decided that he needed be away from Kathy. Linda I want you to keep Brandon for a while. If anyone asks we are doing a Backstreet thing ok?” Howie asked Linda.
“ Not a problem. Denise is having me stay with her cause she had a feeling something was up. Kathy’s family has been notified.”
“ Who called them?”
“ Denise, they need to know what is happening, and the fall had them scared. Howie we aren’t stupid over here we know what is going on. How bad is he?”
“ Bad, the woman took pictures and sent them to Kathy.”
“ I’m going for a walk.” Katherine announced from the living room.
“ Oh the hell you are.” Kevin’s voice carried into the kitchen.
“ Then come with me I have to get some air.” Katherine shouted at him. Howie shook his head.
“ What’s going on?” Linda asked.
“ She’s upset and wants to go for a walk.” Howie said
“ She’s always been that way. Is someone going with her?” She asked
“ Yeah, looks like Kevin is going to walk with her along with one of the body guards.” Howie said sounding releaved.
“ Just make sure she’s alright.” Linda said hoping Howie would follow them.
“ I will and I will call you later. I love you.” Howie said.
“ I love you too.” Linda said, Howie heard the click and then shut off his phone. He knew his wife was worried but wasn’t sure how badly.







“ Welcome back to the land of the living Alex.” Courtney said looking down into AJ’s pain filled eyes. She could see he had been crying and she knew she had broken him.
“ Now if I remove that are you going to stay quiet?” She asked looking at him. She held a glass of water in her hands, and AJ had to admit he was thursty and nodded his head telling her he would do what she asked. She reached and pulled the gag free and held the glass close to his mouth, he drank as much as he could before she moved the glass. She placed two small white pills on his tongue and had him drink more water.
“ What where those?” He asked once he had swallowed them.
“ Something for the pain.” She said looking at him.
“ It’s strange how you hate me yet care. Your crazy you know that right.” AJ said looking into her now hate filled eyes. Courtney just looked at him as she heard the door open and then a smile played on her face as Simon walked into the room.
“ How’s our guest love?” Simon asked putting his arms around her waist.
“ In pain. What time is it?”
“ It’s only been a few hours. Don’t worry we will be contacting her soon.”
“ Leave my wife alone.” AJ begged.
“ Can’t if you want to live Alex. You have to trust that she will get the money we asked for.” Simon said looking at AJ.
“ How much?” AJ asked.
“ 20 million.”
“ What? She can’t come up with that much. I don’t have that much.”
“ Your friends do. And I am betting that your wife failed to tell you she’s an heiress, her family disowned her when she married you. But nothing melts the cold hearts of family members than a new born child.” Courtney said looking at him. AJ smirked and nearly laughed at her.
“ I already knew that.” AJ said trying to contain his laughter.
“ Oh so there are no secrets between you and your wife. Now that is hard to believe.” Simon said looking at AJ.
“ My wife and I are very honest, she’s been there for me for a long time and I support her as much as she supports me.” AJ said his voice harsh, he was getting mad at the accusations they where throwing out about his wife.
“ Oh don’t worry Alex, I would love to have your wife here and have her watch you scream or even more have you watch her scream.”
“ Leave my wife alone. Don’t you dare hurt her.” AJ said pulling on the bonds that held his arms. He was getting weaker and he didn’t know why.
“ I would stop you will be asleep soon. Those pills do that to a person.” Courtney said almost laughing at him. “ Maybe we will have a guest for you when you wake up.” She said watching his eyes getting heavier and then finally going to sleep.
“ What do you want done?” Simon asked kissing her neck.
“ Bring me his wife.”
“ Alright. And of his friends.”
“ I don’t care don’t kill them but bring me his wife.” Courtney said.
“ Alright. I will be back in a few hours. Lets just hope they don’t put up a fight.”
“ Deal with it. I want that bitch here.”
“ No problem babe.” Simon said kissing her, he watched her walk over and check AJ and then leave the room.



“ Kathy.” Brian said walking up next to her.
“ What?” Katherine asked looking at him. Brian smiled weakly at her and touched her arm.
“ Kathy, we will find Alex safe and alive. A little more bruised than we would have liked but safe.” Brian said. Katherine nodded at looked towards the ocean. She watched the sunset and then looked into Brian’s worried blue eyes.
“ I heard my mom called and talked to Linda.”
“ How did you know?”
“ I over heard Howie. Don’t worry my mom like me is a worrier. She might not talk to me much anymore but she calls.”
“ I know. It’s bad when family drifts apart.”
“ We didn’t drift she didn’t like Alex.” Katherine said looking back towards the water, in the distance some dolphins could be seen playing in the water, she had remembered when she and AJ had gone swimming in the evening and had seen that.


********** Flash Back *************

“ Alex where are you?” Katherine called out in the quiet house.
“ Down stairs babe.” AJ yelled from the kitchen. He smiled and waited for the sound of her soft foot steps on the carpet. She could hear her walking down the hallway towards the kitchen. He felt her soft arms around his waist, her lips on his neck.
“ What you doing?” She asked as she continued to kiss AJ’s neck.
“ Making breakfast. You looked so peaceful sleeping I didn’t want to wake you.” He said turning around and facing her, his lips crushing hers in a passion filled kiss.
“ Smells wonderful.” She said running her fingers threw his hair. His hand drifted down and rested on her swollen stomach. His first child, he was so excited at the prospect of being a father. Turning back towards the meal he finished preparing it.
“ Have a seat my princess.” AJ whispered in Katherine’s ear. Katherine giggled and sat down in the chair AJ had pulled out. They had a quiet meal and then decided to take a nice walk along the beach. AJ held Katherine’s hand and looked around at the couples and young kids playing in the sand the other side of their private beach.
“ I love you Alex.” Katherine said holding his hand tighter. “ Never leave me promise that we will never be apart.”
“ I promise you that we will never be apart.” AJ said kissing her lips lightly.

**** End Flash back ****

She remembered it clearly, he had promised they would never be apart.
“ What’s wrong?”
“ Nothing just remembering something Alex told me once. Come on let’s go back to the house.” Katherine said standing and grabbing Brian’s hand she led him back towards the house.
“ Maybe we should hurry it looks like it’s going to rain.” Brian said with a smile.
“ Yeah I noticed. Come on we best hurry.” Katherine said as they hurried towards the house. She came to a stop when a large man came from the shadows. Brian stepped in front of her when he saw the man that he had seen days before.
“ Leave her alone.” Brian said keeping himself between the man and Katherine.
“ Don’t think so little man.” He said hitting Brian upside the head with his gun. Katherine dropped down next to her fallen friend.
“ What are you doing?” Katherine shouted at him.
“ I am here for you. Not him.” He said reaching for Katherine. Katherine screamed and backed away from Simon. Simon finally stepped forward and grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him.
“ Let go of me. HELP M..” Katherine screamed, Simon clamped his hand over her mouth.
“ Nope can’t have anyone else coming down here.” Simon said guilding her towards the waiting car. “ Don’t fight me. I will hurt you.” He said shoving her into the van. She scrambled to climb from the other side. He grabbed her arm and stuck a needle in her arm, he watched her try to fight what he put in her system till finally she went limp in the seat.
“ That’s right rest now.” Simon said pulling her seatbelt in place. Starting the van he pulled away from the curb and headed back to Courtney’s home. He saw out the rearview mirror that the young blond was running towards his fallen friend.