- Text Size +
Just as AJ had said he was there everyday from the time he was allowed to arrive till they made him go home. He watched Katherine grow stronger as the weeks passed but it scared him that she was still not talking, he wasn’t sure if she chose not to or it was because she couldn’t. Brandon watched his mother walk around the small hospital room slowly.
“ Kathy we are taking you home today.” AJ said looking at her. Katherine looked towards him and smiled. AJ took her hand and pulled her into his arms.
“ I love you.” He said kissing her lips softly. Katherine held him tightly as they walked towards the door.
“ I am taking my wife home.” AJ informed the doctor.
“ Agreed she’s stronger. We will set up speech lessons and some more physical therapy and everything will be alright.” The doctor said signing the form.
“ Thank you. We are leaving now.” AJ said looking at Katherine. Katherine nodded and headed to gather what little items she had there. She turned and faced AJ and smiled widely. AJ took her arm and started from the room.
“ Have to ride out in this sorry.” The nurse said smiling at Katherine. Katherine sat down and sighed but didn’t argue with the nurse, like she could have.

Kevin showed up several hours later. AJ was walking around the house when Kevin arrived
“ What are you doing?” Kevin asked watching AJ hurry around the house.
“ I want everything to be perfect. She’s been gone for a year.”
“ Her being here should be perfect enough.”
“ It is Kev but that’s not the point. She’s been at that center for a year I want everything to be normal.” AJ said.
“ Sit down man, she’s fine and making a full recovery.” Kevin said hugging his friend. AJ wasn’t even sure why he was so upset, he had long given up on having her back and now had her again.
“ I missed her Kev.”
“ J, we all know that more than you will ever imagine. It’s good to see her back. Howie asked if you would like to bring her to a party. Bring Brandon and everything.” Kevin said looking at his friend.
“ I’ll ask her.” AJ said looking up towards the upstairs. He leaped to his feet and scrambled upstairs when he heard Katherine scream. Kevin followed him upstairs hoping everything was all right. He entered the room to see AJ holding Katherine in his arms.
“ Shhh. Its alright baby.” AJ said running his fingers threw Katherine’s hair.
“ It was so real.” She cried against his chest.
“ What was?” Kevin asked, he had remembered the doctor telling them that she seemed to have forgotten the reason she had been in the clinic to begin with.
“ That woman, she had hurt Alex and then the man that was with her had given me something. God it was so real.” She cried softly against his chest. It was the first time they had heard her voice in an over a year.
“ It was just a dream nothing more than a dream.” AJ said holding her close.
“ No, it was so real.” She cried.
“ It was a bad dream baby.” AJ said smoothing her hair and rocking her back and forth. Kevin looked down and noticed that Katherine had gone back to sleep. AJ nodded and slid out from under her and followed his friend from the room.
“ How often does she have those?” Kevin asked once they had sat down on the couch.
“ That’s the first one I’ve seen. But the doctor said they’ve been giving her stuff to help her sleep.” AJ said his eyes full of worry.
“ Well Nick said he’s still staying with you.”
“ Yeah Nick said he would stay and help out.” AJ said with a small smile.
“ We are all here to help out.” Kevin said looking at him.
“ I know but I didn’t want to over whelm her all at once.” AJ said hoping that would explain what was going on.
“ Yeah I know she’s been like a lost child. But it’s good to see her back and now talking.”
“ Yes it is. But for now I am just letting her take it one day at a time let her come back, I think the only reason she’s been acting the way she has is because she’s scared to come out cause she thinks it’s going to happen again.” AJ said looking at Kevin.
“ But it’s not. Simon and Courtney are both sitting in jail and wont be getting out anytime soon. Attempted murder is a hard case not to prove. She’s safe Alex. Very safe.”
“ I know. And I know that she’s safe, I’ve added extra security and a new alarm around here. I don’t know what else to do for her. She’s been walking around here in a fog.”
“ Oh and you didn’t before she came home? Alex you both have been threw so much I am seriously amazed that you two have made it this far.” Kevin said looking at his friend. AJ shrugged his shoulders and looked to see Brandon walking down the hallway holding his teddy bear.
“ Daddy, mommy is awake.” Brandon said climbing up into Kevin’s lap.
“ Really? When I left you mommy was sleeping.”
“ Mommy was crying. She gave me a hug and told me she loved me.” Brandon said looking at his dad.
“ I will go check on her. How about you take uncle Kevin out to the yard. Show him your new puppy.” AJ said kissing Brandon’s forehead.
“ Ok Daddy. Come on Uncle Kev.” Brandon said happily as he bounded out to the backyard. Kevin smiled and headed out to follow the small boy from the house.



AJ walked into his bedroom and smiled as he looked at his angel.
“ Alex?” Katherine said narrowing her eyes trying to see him in the dark.
“ Yep baby. Brandon said you where crying. What’s wrong?” AJ said sitting down next to her.
“ I don’t know. Where is my baby?” Katherine asked looking past him.
“ Oh he’s out in the backyard with Kevin.”
” Kevin’s here?”
“ Yep. He was in here when you woke up earlier. Are you hungry?” He asked holding her hand in his, his fingers tracing over her knuckles.
“ Yeah I am. I am sorry I’ve been so distant.”
“ It’s alright we have been threw a lot lately, I don’t blame you for shutting down.”
“ Your too good to me. I missed you.” Katherine said kissing his lips lightly.
“ Do you even remember anything that happened?”
“ No, flashes like a dream but I don’t remember anything. I am sorry.” Katherine said tears rolling down her cheeks again. AJ whipped the tears away and kissed her again.
“ It’s alright, you will remember in your own time. For now lets just let it be a bad dream.” AJ said holding her close. He looked towards the hallway and heard the noise of his friends arriving.
“ You up to visitors?” Linda asked from the doorway.
“ Yeah. Hi Linda how is Duane and Caroline?”
“ Both doing good, Duane went into the backyard with Brandon and Caroline is with Howie.” She said sitting down on the end of the bed.
“ You have two beautiful children. They are so sweet, just like their mother.” Katherine said smiling. Linda was happy that the things that mattered to Katherine hadn’t been forgotten hadn’t been taken from her.
“ How about we go out and get some lunch.” Linda suggested.
“ That would be nice. Give me a while to shower and get dressed.” Katherine said sliding off the bed. AJ looked at Linda and then at his wife.
“ I’ll give you two a while. I’ll keep the boys busy.” Linda said with a smile. AJ smiled and nodded as Linda closed the door behind her and he headed into the bathroom just as he heard the water start running. He walked towards the shower and smiled as he watched Katherine run the water over her body. He could see a few bruises on her skin things that resulted in the medication she had been given during her time in the clinic. He didn’t want to call it what it was cause it bothered him. He slid into the shower behind her and slid his arms around her wet body.
“ Hello there.” She said, she turned and faced him and ran her fingers over his cheeks.
“ I thought you’d like the company.”
“ Oh very much so.” Katherine said, she leaned forward and began kissing his neck. AJ’s hands moved over her body as she kissed her way down his chest. Her eyes looked up at him and watched his expression.
“ When was the last time we did this?” She asked him. All she got as a response from him was a moan as she flicked her tongue out and traced his sixty-nine tattoo. She felt his fingers run threw her short red hair.
“ Before I was kidnapped.” He said. He felt her neck muscles tighten when he said that and he watched how she pulled away from his body and turned her self into the water. She let the water run over her body as she held in the tears.
“ Hey what’s wrong?” AJ asked putting his arms around her.
“ Nothing.” She said rinsing her hair and then letting the hot water run over her shoulders.
“ Come on talk to me.” AJ said kissing her neck.
“ There’s nothing wrong. The water’s getting cold and we have guests.” Katherine said climbing from the shower and grabbing a towel she left the bathroom. AJ sighed and headed into the bedroom. He looked around and didn’t see Katherine and had assumed she had gone downstairs pulling on his cloths he went downstairs to greet their guests.


Katherine stepped from the shadows and saw that she had missed so much, her world had changed was it enough to let her back in. Gathering a few things she hurried and left the house before anyone noticed her missing. She grabbed some of her staionary and jotted down a small note for AJ and grabbed her bag.



“ Hey J where’s Kathy?”
“ She’s not down here?” He asked looking around.
“ Daddy where’s mommy?” Brandon asked as he and Duane walked into the house.
“ Upstairs I think buddy.”
“ Come on D lets go find mommy.” Brandon said rushing up the stairs as fast as his little legs could carry him. Brandon walked into his parent’s bedroom and noticed that there was a piece of paper and looked at Duane.
“ Daddy mommy isn’t in the room.” Brandon called down the hallway. Duane took his friend’s hand and headed back down the hall.
“ What?” AJ said standing at the bottom of the stairs.
“ Mommy’s not up there.” Brandon said as he and Duane headed out the door to the backyard again.
“ First off is it just me or did your son call mine D?” Howie said looking at AJ
“ He did and where is my wife.” AJ said taking two steps at a time. Howie followed his friend and came to a stop in the doorway when he saw AJ standing there holding a note in his hand.
“ What’s up?” Howie asked.
“ Dear Alex, I need some time I am going to away for a while I will call you when I have found myself. I love you and Brandon. Love Always, Kathy. “ AJ read the note out loud. AJ looked at Howie and then back at the note and then down at the floor.
“ She left me.”
“ She needs to find herself give her that much.” Howie said looking at his friend.
“ I lost her a year ago to a mad woman and now she’s left me on her own.”
“ She’s lost AJ please give her time.” Howie said to him.
“ I will but how do I tell Brandon?” AJ asked.
“ Tell him mommy needed some time.” Howie said to his friend.
“ Or don’t tell him at all. He can spend some time at my place. He’ll never notice his mom’s gone.”
“ Are you sure we can lie to him?” AJ asked looking at his friend
“ Yeah, I mean it’s not like we are totally lying to him. He’s just coming for a visit, he don’t ask we don’t tell. J he’s only 2 we don’t need him to know everything.” Howie said hoping his friend would understand.
“ Yeah. All right I agree Brandon can stay with you. Can you tell the others know that I need some time alone?” AJ asked.
“ Sure we can do that. Coming down?”
“ No I really need time to think about this.”
“ Alright I’ll call you in a few days.” Howie said heading from the room. Linda met him in the hall.
“ What’s going on?”
“ Kathy’s gone. She left a note and she’s gone. We are taking Brandon is that alright?”
“ It’s fine. Him and Duane are having fun. Gives Duane someone to play with.” Linda said as she walked down stairs with her husband. Taking Caroline from Nick she looked around the room.
“ Ok looks like our friends need some time alone. I am going to go and get Duane and Brandon. Nick do you have somewhere to go?”
“ Yeah Linda Oddly I own my own home.” Nick said with a grin.
“ Good go there. I had forgot that since you’ve been with Alex for over a year at this point.” Linda said looking at him, Nick nodded and headed to his room to gather a few things.