- Text Size +
Katherine held Brandon in her arms as she watched AJ moving around the large house in his wheelchair. It had been a little over a month and AJ was getting around pretty good. She had moved things around and arranged the house so AJ could move around freely without worry of running into things.
“ Hey Kathy.” Nick said walking out onto the porch. He smiled as he sat down next to her, his cane resting against the large table.
“ Hey Nick, how are you feeling?” Katherine asked looking towards him.
“ Better today. I think staying here was the best idea.”
“ Yeah, you seem to be getting Alex to do things I didn’t think I could.” Katherine said setting Brandon down. Brandon stood on his shaky legs and then walked slowly towards the door. Katherine smiled at watched him.
“ Isn’t it great that he is walking.”
“ Yeah it is. And I see he found daddy.” Nick said as Katherine watched AJ lift his son onto his lap.
“ Daddy.” Brandon said giggling. AJ kissed his son and smiled.
“ Yep daddy. You said your first word.” AJ said smiling. Katherine came up to them both and kissed AJ and then Brandon.
“ So it seems. Looks like our son is learning to talk.”
“ Yeah he is. I am so proud of him.” AJ said kissing his son.
“ And I am proud of you. I have never been prouder of you.” Katherine said kissing AJ passionately.
“ I will walk again.” AJ proclaimed happily.
“ Yes you will.” Katherine said. She watched AJ move around the porch and then heading back into the large house, his son still riding in his lap and clapping happily.
“ Cute aren’t they?” Nick said coming up behind her.
“ Yeah they are.” Katherine said.
“ What are we going to do?” Nick asked suddenly.
“ Do about what?” Katherine asked looking at him.
“ Alex has been talking to himself lately. I mean totally.” Nick said looking at her.
“ He’s always done that.”
“ Not like now. He’s getting weird. Maybe you should go and talk to him.” Nick said looking at her.
“ Alex is doing fine Nick. Don’t worry.” Katherine said looking at him.
“ Please just talk to him.”
“ Alright.” Katherine said hugging him and heading to where AJ had just gone. She made her way into the room where she knew AJ would be sitting and sure enough he sat with his eyes gazing out the window while their small toddler crawled on the floor.
“ Hey babe.” Katherine said sitting down in the chair near him.
“ Hi.” AJ said a bit of sadness in his voice.
“ What’s wrong?” Katherine asked.
“ Nothing I’m fine.” AJ said
“ No your not. Talk to me. You’ve never had a problem talking to me before.”
“ What are we going to do if I never walk again?” AJ asked looking at her.
“ We deal with it. Alex I married you for the man you are. Weather it be you walking or in that chair. I will always love you.” Katherine said touching his arm.
“ You never want to touch me the way you used to.” AJ said looking at her. Gretchen looked into the room and saw AJ and Katherine talking quietly. She smiled down at Brandon.
“ I’ll take you to your room so mommy and daddy can talk.” Gretchen said lifting the giggling child into her arms.
“ Thanks.” Katherine said looking at her and then back at AJ. Gretchen closed the door leaving the young couple alone.
“ You never want to touch me.” AJ said looking at her. Katherine moved closer to him and placed herself in his lap.
“ It’s not that I don’t want to. It’s..it’s well I’m afraid of hurting you.” Katherine said her voice low.
“ Baby you cant hurt me. I know that I am in this chair.” AJ said running his fingers threw her hair.
“ I am always worried I might hurt you.” Katherine said sadly. AJ slid his hand up under her shirt, his fingers moving over her breast. A low moan escaping her lips, she closed her eyes and arched her back to his touch. AJ pulled her shirt over her head and began kissing her neck, his fingers working the clasp of her bra, finally having it join her shirt on the floor. AJ kissed her neck and began moving down licking and sucking on one breast and then giving the other the same treatment. Katherine arched her back and moaned loudly.
“ Oh Alex.” Katherine moaned. “ Hold on.” Katherine said looking into his lustfilled eyes.
“ What?” He asked afraid that she was changing her mind. Katherine lifted him from the chair and placed him on the bed. Smiling she reached up and unbuttoned his pants. Her eyes danced with desire as she looked into his deep brown eyes. Her hands moving up the inside of his legs. She watched his eyes widen and then a smile play on his face as she slipped her hands further up his leg. She kissed the inside of his leg as she reached his erection. Moving her other hand up she massaged his balls, feeling both become hard. She smiled up at him as she kissed her way up his body. AJ smiled as she looked into his eyes and kissed his lips. A passionate kiss shared between them a first in along time. Katherine looked down and smiled as she slid herself over his erection. Her hands resting on his shoulders as she rocked her hips as she felt his hands on her hips.
“ I love you Alex.” Katherine said as she moved her hips faster. AJ closed his eyes and let the feeling flow threw his body, he could feel her body tense up against his. Katherine rocked faster as she felt him grow harder.
“ Alex my love. Oh God.” Katherine said throwing her head back as AJ held onto her his fingers digging into her skin.
“ Come on baby.” AJ said holding on to her tighter. Katherine leaned down and kissed him sweetly as she rocked faster.
“ No.” AJ said looking at her.
“ What’s wrong?” Katherine asked looking down at him. He moved his hands and finally slid her off his lap.
“ I can’t” AJ said tears rolling down his cheeks.
“ Let me do all the work baby.” Katherine said looking at him.
“ No.” AJ said rolling away from her. Katherine looked at him, placing her hand on his shoulder she turned him towards her.
“ Alex please talk to me.” Katherine begged him.
“ I can’t do it Kathy, I can’t even feel what you where doing.” AJ said tears streaming down his cheeks.
“ Oh Alex.” Katherine said pulling him into her arms. His head rested on her shoulder, his tears soaked her hair.
“ I am useless.” AJ said to her.
“ No your not. The feeling will return. I love you more than anything in this world.” Katherine said kissing him passionately. “ Please never forget that we are your family. Brandon wants his daddy around.” Katherine said running her finger over his cheek.
“ I know. Our little boy is learning to walk. I want to be there to help him walk. To hold his fingers as he’s trying to walk to my mom.”
“ You will get to do all those things and more my love.” Katherine said. She held him close and ran her fingers threw his hair. She felt his soft sobs calm down, she held him as he finally drift off to sleep. She waited till he was sound asleep and slid off the bed pulling on her robe she covered his body to the waist with a sheet and looked at him. He was the most beautiful man she had ever seen and watching the candle light dance on his tanned skin.
“ I love you Alex.” Katherine said turning and leaving the room. She walked down the hall pulled her robe closed she stepped into the living room. She smiled seeing Denise playing with Brandon.
“ Hi.” Katherine said coming into the room.
“ Hi, enjoy yourselves?” Denise asked looking at her. Katherine’s eyes filled with tears and she looked away from her.
“ Yeah.” She lied.
“ What’s wrong?” Denise asked moving towards her. She turned Katherine around to face her. “ What is wrong?” She asked again.
“ He thinks he’s a failure. He couldn’t finish what he started.” Katherine said. Denise sadly looked at her and then pulled Katherine in a warm hug.
“ Honey he will be fine. He just needs time.”
“ I know, I told him that I love him for who he is not what he can or can’t do.” Katherine said.
“ That’s all we can do for now. He has to want to do this himself.” She told her. Katherine nodded.
“ I’m going to get myself something to drink. Thirsty?” Katherine asked looking towards Nick. Her eyes drifted around the room to find Howie and Linda, Kevin and Brian.
“ I’ll help you.” Linda said heading out of the room with her friend.
“ Daddy.” Brandon said holding his arms up at Denise.
“ Daddy is sleeping sweetheart.” Denise said picking him up.
‘ Uncle Alex ok?” Duane asked her.
“ Yeah Uncle Alex is sleeping. He’s tired. How about you take Brandon to his play room.”
“ Ok Grandma Denise.” Duane said walking over and taking Brandon’s hand and leading the smaller boy down the hall. She couldn’t believe that there was about a years age different between them. Duane was already taller than Brandon by a good six inches.
“ He’s going to be a tall boy.” Denise said looking towards Howie.
“ Yeah he is. He’s going to take after his mom.” Howie said looking towards the kitchen. The height difference between the two friends was scary, Linda stood a short bit over six foot where Katherine was an inch taller than AJ.
“ How about we take Alex out later?” Kevin suggested.
“ That might do him some good.” Denise said with a smile.
“ Do who some good?” Katherine asked coming into the room with glasses of tea.
“ I thought it was a good idea if maybe we got Alex out of the house for the night.” Kevin said looking at Katherine.
“ That is a great idea. I will talk to Alex later about it.” Katherine said giving everyone a glass of tea. Kevin watched Katherine’s movements and noticed the way she moved, the tiredness showing in her every movement.
“ When was the last time you slept all night?” Kevin asked her.
“ What?” Katherine asked bringing a shaky hand to her glass.
“ When did you sleep last?” Nick asked understanding what Kevin was asking for.
“ I sleep every night.”
“ No you don’t. Kathy I’ve heard you crying after Alex has gone to sleep. When have you slept for more than a few hours?” Nick pressed.
“ Before the accident. Alright Nick, before the accident and I nearly lost the man I love and one of my best friends. A day I will never forget as long as I live.” Katherine said turning away and heading up to her bedroom. Opening the door she looked at AJ and smiled. He was her salvation the one reason that she continued to live, the reason that she even loved anyone.
“ Hey.” AJ said seeing her standing in the doorway.
“ Hey I didn’t know you where awake.” She said with a small smile.
“ Yeah I woke you right after you left. Baby talk to me.”
“ I would say the same to you. But it seems you’ve already done that.” She said looking at him. AJ was leaning up against the headboard his pillows behind his head. Katherine slid into the bed next to him. She lay her head on his chest, she felt his fingers going threw her hair.
“ Kathy, talk to me baby.” AJ said feeling her tears on her chest.
“ It’s nothing Alex. I just want you to get stronger. I don’t want you to feel that you’re a failure.” Katherine said looking into his eyes.
“ I know. And I will be able to feel less like one the more I try.” AJ said running his fingers over her cheek. Katherine smiled slightly sending sensations threw AJ’s body.
“ Kevin wants to know if you would like to go out with the guys later.”
“ Do you want me to?” AJ asked her.
“ I want you happy. The guys think you getting out of the house for a while will do that.” Katherine said tracing his 69 tattoo with her finger.
“ Getting out might be good. But I want to be sure if it’s good for you?” AJ asked again.
“ It is. I will spend the evening with Brandon and Linda. Everything will be alright.” Katherine said looking up into his brown eyes.
“ Alright then let Kevin know I will go out. I need to take a shower.” AJ said looking towards the bathroom. Katherine smiled and ran her hand down his chest.
“ Want some help?” Katherine asked with a sly smile on her face. AJ kissed her lips lightly and smiled.
“ Yeah that would be nice. I can’t rightly do it by myself.” AJ said looking at his legs.
“ I know. Come on let’s get you cleaned.” Katherine said helping him into his wheelchair and then towards the bathroom. Smiling at him she helped him into the tub and started the water. She climbed into the tub with him, she grabbed the large sponge and began running it over his body. She smiled and looked up into his eyes.
“ Let’s see what I can do here.” She said running the sponge over his chest slowly. Her hands moved over his body as she soaped his entire body. His hands shakily moved up her body, slowly caressing her breasts. Katherine moaned as she moved her soapy hands down his legs. She watched his reactions to her hands touching his body. She watched his movements as her hands moved up between his legs, the reaction she had hoped for wasn’t what she was getting. Groaning in frustration she moved her hands back up his chest and then grabbed the shampoo and washed his hair. AJ let a few tears roll down his cheeks as Katherine moved behind him rubbing his back. She rinsed him off and then kissed his cheek. Shutting off the water she reached for a large towel she pulled it around him and then lifted his body into the chair that sat in the room. She looked into his brown eyes. She could see the deep sadness that was in them, as she toweled off his body.
“ What’s the matter?” Katherine asked looking at him.
“ Nothing I am fine.” AJ said smiling at her. Katherine smiled as she helped him stand enough to pull on his boxers and then his pants. Kneeling down in front of him she pulled on his socks.
“ I remember when my touch turned you on.” Katherine said in a low voice. AJ moved his hand over her cheek.
“ It still does just not in the same way it used to. Never think that I don’t love you.”
“ I know, and remember no matter what I love you for the man you are. I love everything you are.” Katherine said kissing his lips.
“ Come on let’s go pick out my shirt.” AJ said. Katherine nodded and lifted him into his wheelchair and watched him wheel himself expertly into the other room. Moving to the closet he opened the door and looked inside.
“ How about this one?” He asked sticking his arm out with a black and white shirt.
“ Ewe no, I hate that shirt.” Katherine giggled. AJ stuck his head out of the door and then stuck out his tongue at her. This caused Katherine to giggle louder and fall onto the floor. AJ snickered and looked back into the closet.
“ How about this one?” AJ asked pulling a black shirt from the closet.
“ Much better.” Katherine said once she had caught her breath. AJ smiled and pulled the shirt over his head. Katherine smiled as she sat down on his lap and kissed his cheek.
“ Come on let’s go downstairs.” AJ said heading towards the door. Katherine giggled as he kissed her neck again.
“ I seriously need you to shave your beard cause that tickles. And I can walk.” She giggled.
“ Nah I like you right where you are.” AJ said as he made his way to the small lift that helped him up the stairs. Positioning the chair he rode down it with Katherine in his lap. Once they came to the bottom of the ramp he wheeled them into the room where everyone where talking.
“ Hey guys.” AJ said smiling at everyone. Kevin snickered and shook his head at the site of the young couple. AJ wheeling around the room, Katherine positioned in his lap.
“ How about going out with us tonight J.” Howie said looking at his friend.
“ Sure, Kathy already asked that and I have no problem with that.” AJ said taking the glass of tea she had offered. Katherine stood behind him with her hands on his shoulders.
“ What are you guys going to do tonight?” Katherine asked smiling at them.
“ We are thinking of just taking Alex out for a night on the town is that alright?”
“ Fine with me, how about you babe?” Katherine asked AJ. AJ just nodded and looked at his legs.
“ It’s going to be chilly tonight do you want a coat?” Nick asked his friend.
“ Yeah we can bring one alone. Come let’s get out of here before I change my mind.” AJ said wheeling himself towards the door.
“ We wont be out late I promise.” Kevin said looking at Katherine.
“ Thanks Kevin.” Katherine said watching them leave. Once they where gone Katherine sat down on the couch and buried her face in her hands and began to cry. Linda and Denise sat down on either side of her and tried to comfort her.
“ Hey, everything is getting better. It’s going to be better.”
“ He was crying while I helped him shower. Something that he used to enjoy doing with me. His hands shake while he’s trying to touch me in a loving way. I don’t know if that is part of what happened or if it is he’s scared. He..he doesn’t even get turned on anymore. I feel like a failure.” Katherine said sobbing.
“ Your not a failure give him time Kathy. No more than my son is a failure. I heard him talking.” Denise said holding her close. Katherine nodded and looked down the hall to where her son was.
“ He’s fine. Duane is with him.”
“ They are good friends. Just like Alex and Howie.” Katherine said smiling slightly.