- Text Size +
Katherine spent a week in the hospital and went home to heal. Her ribs hurt and so did her arm.
“ Hi babe.” AJ said coming into the room, he had a towel over his shoulders. She turned and smiled at him, he looked absolutely hot in his white wife beater shirt and sweat pants. She looked towards the doorway and saw Nick and Howie standing there.
“ Helping Alex with his therapy?” She asked.
“ Yep. We didn’t like his therapist.” Howie said.
“ Courtney what was wrong with her?” Katherine asked looking at AJ.
“ A little two friendly for my taste.” Nick said knowing that AJ wouldn’t tell Katherine what was going on.
“ Friendly? She came highly recommended.” Katherine said thinking the young woman was being overly friendly with her husband.
“ Where is she?” Katherine asked looking at Howie and Nick.
“ Changing.” Nick said. Katherine nodded and made her way slowly from the room. Her ribs still hurt and she wasn’t happy if someone was making her husband feel uncomfortable. She walked into the room where Courtney was changing. Courtney had her back to the doorway when she heard the door open.
“ Oh Alex you’ve come back for something else.” She said with a slight giggle. She spun around shirtless to come face to face with a very pissed Katherine.
“ You bitch. Your fired I want you gone. What gives you the right to try to take advantage of my husband?” Katherine shouted at her. Courtney only seemed to laugh and advance towards Katherine.
“ And why not? You don’t seem to be loving him.” Courtney said as she slapped Katherine across the face. Katherine’s blue eyes flashed with anger as she looked towards Courtney.
“ I love him plenty we have a child together and we’ve been threw a lot and I will not have a whore like you trying to take him away.”
“ Oh darling I had already thought about that. I took this job, almost killed the girl that was supposed to get it first. I will have you husband.” Courtney said as she wrapped her hands around Katherine’s throat and began to squeeze. Katherine began clawing at her hands trying to get her to let go. Gasping for what little air she could get. Trying to push her off, feeling weaker and weaker every moment. Katherine’s arms dropped to her sides as her eyes rolled back and she finally lost consciousness. Courtney laughed as she looked down at Katherine’s unconscious form.
“ Call me a bitch will you.” Courtney said looking down at Katherine. AJ wheeled into the room in time to see Courtney kick Katherine in the ribs.
“ What the fuck? Get out of my house. Howie call the police.” AJ yelled. “ Get away from my wife.” AJ said to Courtney.
“ Oh I am leaving Mr. McLean too bad about your wife.” She said pulling on her shirt and then grabbing her bag off the floor. Brushing past him she turned and left the house. Howie came running upstairs to find out what had happened. AJ was sitting on the floor, Katherine’s head in his lap.
“ What happened?”
“ I don’t know. She was standing over Kathy and she kicked her in the ribs, when she comes to she’s going to be in such pain.”
“ I’ll call and see if we can get the doctor to do a house call.” Howie said running from the room. AJ moved his fingers over Katherine’s face.
“ Come on wake up.” AJ said looking down at her concerned. Katherine moaned and slowly opened her eyes.
“ Alex?” She said her voice very horse.
“ Yes baby are you alright?” He asked
“ God I hurt.” She said her arms wrapping around her ribs.
“ I know baby, I know. Just lay still.” AJ said. He looked up to see Howie and Nick standing in the doorway.
“ Let us help get her to the bed. The doctor is on her way. Alex we could have just called an ambulance.” Nick said.
“ No, no more visits to the hospital.” Katherine chocked out. AJ nodded his agreement and climbed back into his wheelchair. He moved over to the bed and looked at Katherine, there was a nasty bruise forming on her neck and he could see she was having difficulty breathing.
“ Rest my love.” AJ said holding her hand.
“ The doctor’s here.” Gretchen said letting the woman into the room.
“ I’ll be down the hall.” AJ said wheeling himself from the room so the doctor could check over his wife. Howie looked at his friend.
“ The police have Courtney in custody. They want to know if you want to press charges?”
“ What do you think D? She tried to kill my wife and I haven’t a clue why?” AJ said looking at his friend.
“ They do. They want to talk to you as soon as you can.” Howie said looking at his friend.
“ Grand. Alright as soon as I talk to Kathy I will find out what happened.”
“ Mr. McLean”
“ Yes Doctor is she alright.”
“ She’s just agrivated those ribs again. Those bruises will heal in a few days. No major damage surprisingly enough.”
“ Thank you for coming.”
“ Your more than welcome.” She said gathering up her bag and heading towards the stairs.
“ I’ll walk you out.” Howie said following the doctor from the upstairs. AJ wheeled back into the room and looked at his wife. Nick stood in the doorway and he wanted to cry.
“ Hey babe, how are you feeling?” AJ asked.
“ I am sleepy.” She said with a slight smile.
“ I bet the doctor gave you something didn’t she.”
“ Yep, the pain in my ribs is gone.” Katherine said with a huge smile. “ I love you so much.” She said sitting up and kissing him. He held her for a moment and then felt her go limp, smiling he lay her back against the pillow and kissed her forehead. He knew she would sleep the rest of the night. Leaving the room he headed downstairs.
“ I told you I didn’t like that woman.” Nick said looking at AJ. He wondered what AJ was going to do about the woman.
“ Kathy didn’t trust her.” Howie said looking at his friend.
“ In some ways neither did I.” AJ said running his fingers threw his unruly brown hair.
“ Then why didn’t you fire her sooner?” Nick asked looking at his friend.
“ She was sent by the doctor so I assumed he knew what he was doing.” AJ said looking at his friends.
“ Well she’s been arrested, are you going to be alright here? The doctor told me she had given something to Kathy to help her sleep.” Howie said. AJ nodded and looked around the room.
“ Yeah I’ll be fine. Kathy and I got everything set up so I can do things on my own. If you guys want to come over later this evening your more than welcome.” AJ said as they both stood so they could leave.
“ Alright. I am taking Nick out for a while so I know we will be back later.” Howie said hugging AJ. AJ watched them leave and sighed as he looked around his now quiet and empty house. The woman that had attacked his wife was now in custody and he had no worries about her.



Howie pulled to a stop at the local McDonald’s and looked towards Nick.
“ Come on let’s get something to eat.”
“ Thanks D.” Nick said getting from the car. Howie stopped short of the restaurant when his phone rang. Pulling it from his pocket.
“ Hello?”
“ Mr. Dorough, this is Detective Roth.”
“ Yes detective what can I do for you?” Howie asked
“ Are you still at the McLean home?”
“ No sir I am not. Is there a problem?” Howie asked, worry written all over his face.
“ There shouldn’t be as far as I know. Miss Courtney Brown has made bail and is gone.”
“ What? I thought for what she had done she was in custody for at least 24 hours?” Howie said. Nick looked at his friend wondering what was going on.
“ We couldn’t keep her. A lawyer arrived with the $20,000 bail. And informed us as long as charges hadn’t been filed we had to release her.” He explained to a now irate Howie.
“ Are you telling me that that crazy woman could be on her way to my friends house to finish the job?” Howie yelled into his phone.
“ We have officers in route to make sure that, that isn’t the case.” The Detective said to Howie. Howie nearly threw his cell phone across the parking lot.
“ Howie what’s going on?” Nick asked seeing the look on Howie’s face. Howie looked at Nick, he wasn’t sure how to tell Nick.
“ Mr. Dorough I would suggest that if your going back to your friends house I’d do it now.” He told Howie. Howie only nodded cause he wasn’t sure if he could even speak.
“ Alright.” Howie managed to say hanging up his phone. Nick looked at Howie with concerned blue eyes.
“ We have to go back to the house NOW!” Howie said heading towards the car. Nick followed behind his friend and got into the car.
“ What is going on?” Nick asked.
“ We’ve got to get back to AJ’s that woman is out of jail.” Howie said as he drove down the street.






AJ looked out his window at the ocean below. It was nice that his house had a view of the ocean. His chair positioned just right so he could listen for noises in the house and still enjoy the peacefulness of the waves crashing on the shoreline. He heard a noise in the house and looked down to see one of his dogs running across the carpet and up the stairs.
“ Stupid dog.” AJ muttered as he looked back out at the ocean.
“ Should have listened to the stupid dog.” He heard a female voice say from behind him. AJ started to turn his chair so he could see the intruder when a cloth was placed over his mouth and nose, it’s sweet smell causing him to lose consciousness. She laughed almost evilly as she looked down at his unconscious form.
“ Load him into the van, and lets get out of here. If she wakes up before we get out of here we might have to kill her.” Courtney said looking at her large friend.
“ Sure thing Court.” He said lifting AJ from his wheelchair and heading out the front door. Courtney laughed and dropped the note on the table and left the house.