- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



It's Tuesday again! Yay! Enjoy!


“What the hell is your problem?! Skylar yelled angrily as she stormed into the kitchen.

“Don't you start with me.”

“So they got busy in the kitchen you shithead! We've done it a million times in here.”

“It's my kitchen! Besides, what if Mason would have been with us?!” He growled.

“God Kevin! We've snuck one in here numerous times when we thought he was fast asleep on a Saturday morning. He could have walked in on US!”

“I'm just trying to watch out for her is all. He'll break her heart.”

“Well Krista's a big girl and despite what you think , you're the only breaking her heart.”

“How can they be in love in less than a week?!” He returned.

“Probably the same way you told Brian I was the woman you were going to marry after only seeing me a little under a month.”

“But she's.....”

“Older? So?” She was afraid that's exactly what he was going for. He thought a woman should have more sense than that and when he couldn't look her in the eye, she knew that was exactly it.”Oh I get it. It's okay for you to be with someone nearly twelve years younger than you but for her to be with a man the same way, it's wrong. That's such a double standard!”

“It's reality Sky. Women shouldn't .”

“Maybe your reality. You need to stop living in the middle ages. This is the twenty first century. It happens all the time now.”

“You know how he is though. He'll get bored with her in a couple of months.”

Unfuckingbelievable!”For God's sake Kevin! Yank your head out of your ass. He's not a sixteen year old boy anymore. He does know how to treat women.”

“I forget. You speak from experience.”He barked.

“Only because you pushed me to it. You only have yourself to blame.”

Kevin's fingers slipped back through his hair and let out a frustrated breath. Maybe what was really bothering him was he didn't want Nick around anymore than he had to. He just didn't want to be reminded of how he could have lost Skylar to him.

“What is it?! Is having him around a bad reminder of what happened with us because if it is, suck it up. Be a man. Be the one I fell in love with.” And left him alone in the kitchen. Skylar found her friend packing her suitcase when she entered the room.”What are you doing?”

“I'm leaving. I'm just making a big old mess of things here.”

“Stop. You're not going anywhere.”

“I'm not?”

“No. Sit down.” Patting the space beside herself on the bed. She continued as Krista joined.”The only one that fucked things up is that man out there that supposedly wants to spend the rest of his life with me.”

“Why is that a maybe now?”

“Because this whole thing isn't about you seeing Nick, it's about him having to see Nick.”

“So this is about what happened with you three at the cabin.”

Skylar nodded.”You and I both know it's messed up but he's so muleheaded that it'll take him a couple of days to admit I'm right.”

After sharing a laugh, Krista turned serious.”So what do I do?”

“Nothing. Kevin made this mess. He's going to clean it up. You're really in love with Nick aren't you?”

“Guess I couldn't disguise that one could I ?”

“I could see it in his eyes Krista. I don't know what Kevin said to him but it crushed him to leave you. What'd you do to that boy?”

“I made him work for it.”

“That's not it. I've seen that look in Brian's and Kevin's eyes both. Oh. My. God! He let you plan the date didn't he?”

Krista gave her friend a coy look.”Yeah. Isn't this weird talking about him knowing what you know about him?”

“You're my friend Krista. We share a lot. Hell, I know Kevin made a pass at you the first New Year's Eve he and I were together.”

“Oh.”

“Krista. It's okay. I know you refused his advance. And he knows it's something I can hold over his head too.”

Krista giggled.


“I know this is rough right now but I promise you that I'll have Nick back in your arms before you know it.”

“Why would I want him back?”

“Krista don't start the whole 'romance is better in books' thing. I know you. You want this. And he wants you. Kev just has this power over him. Always has. It's going to work out. You'll see. You'll have have your fairytale.” She knew it was true. She knew Nick well enough to know that Krista was more than just a passing phase and whatever threats Kevin made this time wouldn't hold him back for very long.