- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Two fer tonight. Enjoy!


“Talk,”she stated plainly; keeping a steady rhythm with the hot little Latin man she'd created.

“Would it be too hard to ask for three minutes of your time?”

“I'm busy working here.”

“I promise it will only take a few minutes of your precious creative process.”

Hitting the save button, she closed the lid on her laptop.”Why are you such an asshole?”

“Why are you such a bitch?”

“Because I can be.” He wanted to play this game, she could do it as long as he could. He was about to sit down across from her and she could have been turned it up to ginormous but she said,” I wouldn't sit there if I were you.”

“Seriously? Is there anywhere in my house you didn't?”

Krista shrugged. He'd just have to keep guessing.”So you're killing my creative process here and I've got a deadline. What's the deal?”

After finding a chair he was sure they hadn't done the nasty in, he sat down.” I came to apologize. I was wrong.”

“You? Wrong? I find that hard to believe.”

“Come on Krista. I'm trying here.”

“Because she's making you right?”

“Wrong. Because the nice guy you just met made me realize how childish I was being.”

“Nick has a mind of his own. He could have called me by now.”

“No he couldn't have. I pretty much threatened to chop his dick off if he communicated with you in any way, shape or form.”

“You had no right.”

“I know but I'm going to make it right.”

“How?”
“I'm going to extend the olive branch like I am now. I just needed somebody to open my eyes. You know I'm normally very reserved.”

“I know but I also know your temper.”

“I know. I'm just very protective.”

“There's protective and then there's psycho. You hit psycho the other day. We didn't commit a major crime.”

“I realize that. So you really love him?”

“Yes.”

“Then I'll talk to him. One more thing, don't be mad at Skylar. She's always on your side.”

“I know. I'll talk to her but in the meantime, I need to get back to work.”

“So who's the lucky guy this week?”

“It's on a need to know basis. You don't need to know.”She grinned mischievously.

Kevin chuckled.”I get it. I've got something I've got to take care of anyway.”

She hoped it was Nick.

Kevin found his cell,dialed Nick's number and waited. He hoped the caller ID wouldn't prevent him from answering.

“Hello?”

“Hey. You got a minute?”

“I'm on my way to a doctor's appointment but other than that. What's up?” He was still remaining cautious. Kevin was going to kill him for even thinking of her.

“How 'bout we do breakfast tomorrow after I drop Mason at school then?”

“Sure.” If they were in a public place, he couldn't kill him at least.

“Good. How do pancakes sound?”

“Works for me.”

“Then meet me at IHOP around 8:30 and we'll go from there.”

“Okay.”

“See you then.”

He wasn't sure what Kevin's agenda was but if he was a gambling man, he was going to bet on this whole mess between them.



The next morning he arrived before Kevin and got them a table. He was looking at the menu when heard Kevin thank the hostess.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”Nick replied.

“So I may as well get right to the point here. I talked to Brian yesterday.”

“So did I.”

“I know. That's why I wanted to talk to you. First off, you two in the kitchen wasn't what provoked that outburst the other morning.”

“Let me guess. It had to do with Skylar.”

“God Nick. You fucked Skylar in the kitchen at the cabin and when I saw you with Krista in that same position, I just went ballistic. I had no right.”

“You're right. You didn't. I love Krista. I would never do anything to hurt her and yet I have because of your ass.”

“I know that now. I guess I didn't believe that you were really over Sky.”

God Kevin! I've been over her for awhile now.”

“I know that now and it's my issue to deal with.”

“And are you?”

“Yeah but answer this for me. Are you really in love with Krista?”

He didn't even hesitate.”Yes.”

“Then I'll see if I can smooth things over on her end. She is pissed off at you something fierce.”

“No thanks to you.”

“And that's why I'm going to fix it.”

“You're pretty sure she'll accept my apology?”


“Maybe not right away but she will. I'll make sure of it.” It wasn't his to decide Nick's nor Krista's happiness. He just had to make it right for them.