- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:




Sorry for the delay. I've got my official first cold of the season and I needed to get some rest yesterday. On with the show!


“You know what Kev. I think I should handle this. I fucked up and didn't take a stand when I should have. If I want things to go any further with her, I have to be the one to work it out.” He really did miss her but it was no longer Kevin's fault. It never was. If he'd done anything to begin with, they wouldn't be where they were.

“Are you sure?” Kevin's brow rose curiously.

“Positive.”

“Okay. So I'm assuming you want to do this now?”

“The sooner the better.”

“Your call. I'm ready whenever you are.”

Great. Let's go,” Nick said and slid out of the booth; followed shortly by Kevin.

Half an hour later, they both pulled up to Kevin's. Before opening the door, he turned to Nick and said,”You're really sure you want to do this?”

“You know something I don't?”

“No. Let's do this. Sky I'm home!”Kevin called out.

“We're in the kitchen hun.” She returned.

“I brought a friend with me,”Kevin announced.

“We're decent if that's what you're worried about.” Leave it to Skylar.

Kevin strode over to Skylar and pecked her on the cheek.”Don't you have to work today?”

“Yeah. I'm going in for a few hours this afternoon. Jules said she had things under control. She knows I have company in town.”

“So I have you to myself for a few minutes then?” Kevin replied and Skylar looked at him when she saw Nick.

“His idea,”he whispered.

“This is not going to end well Kev,”she whispered back.

“I know but I made this mess and he said he needed to clean it up himself.”


“Well if he would have manned up in the beginning none of this would be happening,”she said; their conversation continued to be carried on in hushed tone.

“I know. Let's hope she's a little more forgiving than you.”

“Don't hold your breath.”


Krista was sipping her coffee when her eyes rose to find Nick. She never thought she'd see those two in the same room ever again and secondly, she was really in no mood to see him. Leavin her cup on the counter, she left the area and moved quickly down the hall. Apparently not fast enough though. He was in before she could get the bedroom door closed. And he closed it behind himself.”I have nothing to say to you.”

“That's good cuz I have plenty to say to you and I'm not letting you out until I do.”

“Save it! You've turned out to be like every other guy in the world. Gives me an incredibly romantic evening then just waltzes out of my life!”

“And which ones would those be? The ones that say 'this is forever baby, 'I'll never leave you'?”

“Smartass!

“Krista, I am sorry. Sorry I wasn't man enough to tell Kevin to fuck off. That I would see whoever I wanted. That it was none of his damned business.”

“Then why didn't you?!”

“Because I'm so used to him dictating my life I didn't even stop to think about how it would affect you. It killed me to walk out of here without so much as a word to you. I knew it was wrong but I didn't want to lose what is a very favorite part of my anatomy.”

“He really threatened to cut off your? “ Her eyes diverted down then back up to his.

“Yeah. I know it's crazy but-”

“It was just a threat. He has no powers. He means well but he doesn't own you. I know what it is that's bothering him and I can honestly say I don't blame him because it crossed my mind too.” She interrupted.

“That I still wasn't over Skylar?”

“Yeah.”

He stepped away from the door and crossed the room to where she was. Taking her hand.”Krista, I was never in love with her. It was just a crazy schoolboy crush. Maybe I even knew that but with you..... the words were real. I've always been afraid to say them but with you, they didn't feel forced. I know I screwed up . I'm not denying that. I just hope you can find it in your heart to give me a second chance.”

“But you didn't even call.”

“Because I know Kevin would have even found out about that. I love you Krista. I know that's not going to change.”

She really wanted to believe it and he was determined to stay in this room until they worked it out. Romance was so much easier to create than live. Why? Just give me a sign God. Please! Her heart sped up and she knew that had to be her sign. It was the look in his eyes. That was one thing she was good at. The eyes being the windows to the soul. The others had been frauds but when she looked into his, every word that came with them was genuine.”You're gonna have to give me some time.”

“I can do that.”

“Don't worry about it taking too long though,”Krista smiled and linked her fingers through his. Her free hand slid around his neck.” I missed you.” Kissing him softly.

He missed her too. God did he miss her! Their linked fingers disengaged and his arm slipped around her waist; pulling her closer against his body.



“What are you doing?” Kevin came up behind Skylar whom had been listening through the door the entire time.

“Being a nosy friend. I think they made up though. It got awfully quiet in there.”

The minute she said that, he knew what that meant. They could get freaky in his house again. He started beating on the door.”Krista? Nick?”

They barely heard his voice but separated nonetheless.”You know what he's thinking don't you?” Krista whispered.

“Yeah,”Nick answered.

“Let him suffer.” Pulling his mouth back to hers. She wanted to feel his body again. Soon.

“Come on Krista. Open up!”

She pulled away again.”We'll restrict our activities to this room.”

“Speak for yourself,”Nick whispered in her ear.

She giggled.”Maybe we should continue this at your place?”

“Let's go.”

“Hold on. I need to get dressed. I'm still wearing my nightclothes. What will I wear at your place when we're not, y' know?”

Nick smirked then replied, “ My shirt.”

She smiled in return. “Let's go.” Krista opened the door.”Don't worry Kev. I don't want to give you a heart attack at such a youthful age.” Patting his chest.”If you'll excuse us, we're going elsewhere to continue making up.”

Skylar couldn't help but laugh.”You two have fun now.” Watching as they left.

Kevin turned back to her.”You think it's funny?”

“I think it's hilarious. You actually thought she'd let him do anything here again? She likes him too much to put him through your mood swings again.”

“You love my mood swings.”

“You're right. I do.” He had a PMS moment with them. He made amends. It was making her horny.