- Text Size +
“Excuse me?” Krista looked at the woman disbelievingly. She was being assessed. The girl was psycho. No other explanation.

“You heard me you little tramp. Get up off my man!” Shoving Krista aside and taking Nick's hand.

He jerked it away.”You're fucking psycho! Get out of here!”

“I can't do that. You see.” She leaned over and grabbed the bag from the ground. “This little piece of paper says I belong here.”Producing the legal looking document.

Nick took the piece of paper from her. His eyes scanned down to the bottom left corner where 'his' signature should be and looked back to her.”Seriously? Get off my property” He demanded.

Brian wasn't sure what to do and Krista wasn't about to let this stranger hone in on her man. She almost lost him once and that was to somebody she knew. It had to be a hoax. If that sheet of paper was real then the state of California would have record of it as well so instead of waiting for Nick to give it back, she yanked it from his hand and headed for the grill. Embers remained in the brick framed pit. Finding the lighter, she doused the document in lighter fluid and flipped the lighter. Once the paper caught flame, she dropped it onto the grill.

“You bitch!” Marguerite lunged at Krista; taking her to the ground.

They went tumbling down toward the others; kicking and clawing. Krista landed on top.” Did you really think you were going to get away with that?!”

“It doesn't matter. He's mine!” She yanked the length of Krista's hair.

“Let go of my hair!” Krista screamed and grabbed at her hand; allowing Marguerite to get the upper hand.

“He's just using you . He loves me!”

Brian had finally come to his senses and got to the patio as quickly as he could.”Get the boys inside until we can get these two off each other,”He said to Leigh Anne.

She got Leigh's attention and they rounded up the children.

Kevin pulled Marguerite off of Krista before she could do anymore damage. He restrained her while Nick helped Krista up.

“Let me at her!” Krista screamed despite the black and blue mark forming around her left eye.

“Let it go Krista. You proved it was a fake.”

“Let me go!” Marguerite kicked but was unable to break free of Kevin's grip.

“Where'd you find her Nick? In the psycho ward?!” Krista held her eye.

“I called the police,” AJ said.

“Good! They can tell you despite that slut burning the paper, I'm still married to him,”Marguerite barked.

“You wouldn't have attacked her if that was true,”Kevin responded.

“I met her in Vegas a few weeks before I met you. We had a couple of days of fun. That's it. I swear,”Nick replied and helped Krista to a chair.

“Here we go,”Skylar approached with an ice pack.

Krista winced as the freezing package touched her skin. She glared at the bleach blond bimbo through her uncovered eye.

“I think you could have took her,”Skylar whispered in Krista's ear.

“ I know I could have.”She smirked but grimaced when she felt the pain at the corner of her lip. She didn't think he was work fighting for but she thought wrong. He's the only man she'd ever felt that way about. Of course if he were any kind of man, he wouldn't have let it get as far as it did. Would he?

“I'm so sorry Krista. I knew she was a little out there but I never imagined this,”He whispered.

“It's okay.”She rest her hand over his just as the police arrived.

“We received a call about domestic disturbance here,”The officer stated with his partner at his side.

“That would have been me,”AJ offered up.

“Are you the homeowner?”

“No. That would be me,”Nick stood.

“I want to press charges against her,”Marguerite interrupted; directing her gaze toward Krista.

“Really? You're the one that fucking attacked me!” Krista returned loudly.

“Ladies please,”The officer stepped in.”We'll get your statements. In the meantime is there anything you'd like to add sir?” Turning his attention to Nick.

“I'd like to press charges for her trespassing on my property.”

“But what about us Nick?” She pouted.

“There never was us. We had a good time. End of story. Move on.”

“Get her out of here and I'll get the story from this young lady here.”He told his partner; referring to Krista being the other.

The remaining officer took Marguerite off Kevin's hand.

Krista didn't want to press charges. The girl obviously had enough issues without her adding insult to injury. But as for Nick..........