- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


A two fer today ladies. Enjoy!



Well, they'd discuss things later. She needed to know that Marguerite was the only that was off her rocker enough to even pull something like that. As for the charges Nick wanted to press, Krista talked him out of that . Well, with the only stipulation being she get some help. If not, he could do whatever the hell he wanted. She tried to take her man for God's sake. Things had settled and the children were getting restless but there was another reason for the barbecue that afternoon. Krista and Nick were the only ones that knew about the baby and the engagement at that point. Them meeting Krista was only part of the production.

“I hate to be a party pooper but we really need to get James home for bed,”Howie informed the group that was lounging in the living room.

“Hold on just a sec there Dorough,”Skylar said.

“What?”

“Kevin get your ass in here,”she yelled. He and Nick had gone to get she and Krista drinks.

“Pipe down Sky. I'm coming!”

Nick slid his arms around Krista's waist and whispered,”I can't wait to get you alone tonight.”

“Nick.”She giggled. He truly made her feel like a school girl but they did need to talk about his past. Not that she was worried about his fidelity but it was more for her piece of mind than anything.

“Okay you two. Stop neckin over there,”Skylar reprimanded them.

“Only if you do,”Krista said; noting the way Kevin was holding Skylar. It was a nice, warm feeling. She was happy for her friend.

“We're allowed. We'll be an old married couple before you two.”

“Okay you guys. What's going on?” AJ interjected.

“Well you know the reason Krista and Nick met was because I whisked Skylar off to Kauai for a little romantic getaway. While we were there and the magic of the tropics, I proposed,”Kevin announced.

“And of course I said yes,”Skylar beamed; holding the sinfully shiny diamond on her finger up.

“I wondered what that glare was earlier,”AJ teased.

“Don't you start. Last time I checked, Rochelle has a pretty sparkly bauble on hers.”

“Yes, but she deserves it.”

“I'll deal with you another time Mclean. You know I will.” After that he backed down.

Leigh Anne had been quiet up until that point but being a Mother, she knew something else was going on.” Would you guys pipe down already? I believe these two have another announcement to make,”she said as Brian slid his arm around her where they sat.

“She's right. Before the whole debacle at the cabin, Skylar found out she was pregnant,"Kevin continued.

“Another one of you?”AJ teased.

“How is it you're still alive?”Skylar shot him a look.

“Because I have Rochelle to protect me,”he grinned as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“Well let me be the first to congratulate you Cos.”

Leave it to Brian to be the first up and across the room; hugging on both of them. He was always the optimistic one.

“Did you ever think they'd do it?”Nick inquired sincerely of Krista.

She turned her head and looked up at him.” The first time she introduced me to him.”

“You didn't think he was big and scary?”

“Well yeah but I didn't let him see it. Gives him power.”

“I love you so much Krista.”

“Right back atcha babe,”She grinned and gave him a soft kiss.

“Hey, hey, hey you two. There are children in the room,”AJ teased as he approached.

“You're the only kid I see here,”Krista returned.

“I like you. Keep him in line would ya? We can't seem to get a handle on him.”AJ taunted.

“Watch it,”Nick warned good natured.

“We're going to head out,”Rochelle interrupted.”It was nice meeting you Krista. We'll have to get together before you leave town.”

Yeah, there was that.”Definitely.”She smiled and gave her a quick squeeze after prying Nick's arms from around her. It was sweet that he wanted to keep her so close but she was trying to be polite.”See you.”

Pulling her back against himself, she could feel the reason he needed her body to disguise what was going on in his pants. Maybe that talk could wait after all.”If I weren't being such a good host, I'd take you in the study and bend you over the desk,”he whispered.

She liked that idea. A fantasy she'd never written and never fulfilled.”What makes you so sure I want to?”

“Because I felt you shiver with anticipation when I suggested it.”Nibbling on her ear.

“You've been reading my books haven't you?”

“You mean you actually use that in your books?” He teased.

“You know you don't have to.”

“ I know. I just thought I'd see if I could fulfill one of those fantasies you write about but being as the better part of them take place in the tropics on a beach or in a seedy night club in New York City, I thought maybe we could play in the office.”

“Well I don't think you'll have to wait too long.”Her hands resting over his. The remainder of the group had children that were getting sleepy and didn't want them falling asleep there. After the congratulations to Skylar and Kevin dissipated and goodbyes were said, they were almost alone. Kevin was holding Mason on his side and Skylar's hand in the other.

“Nick. You throw a great party,”Skylar stated graciously.”Thank you for letting us share the good news.”

He extended his hand to her.

“Really?” Skylar's brow rose curiously.

“Trust me. It's better this way.”Krista smirked.

“Oh God. We need to get out of here now.”

“You mean Krista's not coming home with us?”Mason's little voice inquired.

“Uncle Nick and Krista are gonna have a little alone time,”she explained. Not that he would understand.

“But you'll come see me tomorrow right?” He pouted.

Krista took his little hand and kissed it.”I'm all yours tomorrow.”

His face lit up.”Yay! Can we go home now Daddy?”

“Sure buddy. We'll see ourselves out,”Kevin said and followed Skylar to the front door.

“I'll be back,”Krista said as she pulled out of Nick's embrace.

“Hold up. Where you going?”

“To make sure that door's locked. I don't want any more psycho girls interrupting us.”