- Text Size +
He knocked on the door late the next morning and waited for her to answer. Well, she didn't have any real access to transportation so he made his way around to the back gate and unlatched it. Maybe she was out here. Yep! Lord! She was in the pool. Lord she was making a dip in the pool look sexual. There was no way in hell he just let that thought cross his mind. What?! She was an attractive woman. He couldn't deny that but he wasn't about to let her know he thought she was. She'd have the upper hand then and he couldn't have that. No telling what she'd do. He sat in one of the lounge chairs near the patio table and waited for her to finish. It really sucked being a slave to your hormones. She stepped out of the pool at the shallow end and even in a one piece suit, she curved in all the right ways. Not to mention the animal print on it.Fuck! Houston! We have a problem downstairs! He hated her. How could she be doing this to his body?! It wasn't fair!

She jumped back about ten feet when she realized she wasn't alone.”Do you ever fucking announce yourself?” She spat and after regrouping, approached the table where her towel and sunglasses sat.
Grabbing the towel, she started drying herself off.

“Hello to you too.”

“I am alone here you know. I wasn't expecting somebody to be sitting by the pool once I jumped out.”

“I'm sorry but I did come by to apologize. We kind of got off on the wrong foot and I'm sorry for that,”he replied and offered her the flowers. Her anger only seemed to fuel the party going on in his pants. She was seriously hot when she got all fired up.

She looked at the flowers. They were one of her favorites. Even one of her favorite colors too. Skylar was behind this. She had to be. She knew her friend too well.”She sent you didn't she?”

“Jesus Krista! Can't you let anyone ever be nice to you without being suspicious of their intentions?”

“When it comes to Skylar, no.”

“You're impossible. I don't know how it is you even make friends much less meet men.”

“If you weren't being forced here, you might have found the answer to that.” The evident arousal in his faded blue jeans hadn't gone unnoticed and it was making her tingle in places she didn't want to be when it came to him. She left the flowers on the table and walked into the house; not even caring if he followed. Okay, maybe a little.

He grabbed the bouquet off the table and followed her in.”Look, I'm not asking for a lifetime commitment, I'm just trying to make peace here. I know you were expecting your friend to be here when you arrived. Instead, you got this strange, moronic idiot of a guy to deal with for a week. I just think it would be a lot easier if we attempted to get along. At least for our friend's sake if nothing else.”Turning on the famous grin. Please God let this work!

Did that actually work? Oh damn! It did. It just got ten degrees hotter in here. Maybe she wasn't giving him a fair chance plus she did need him for transportation. Maybe she could give it a shot.”Okay. You're right. I wasn't being fair.”

“So we agree we both had a difference of opinion?”

“Yeah. So tell me Nick, do you know where these two keep vases? Can't leave these gorgeous flowers out of water for too long.”

“So you really like these things?”

“Yeah. They last a lot longer than roses and they're just as pretty.”

“Most women love roses,”He commented as he found the cabinet where all their vases were stored and pulled one out. He set the nice crystal vase down on the counter next to the sink and she asked him where the knives were. That could be dangerous but he took a chance and found one of those for her.

She filled the clear container with water as he returned with the knife.”Thank you and just to let you know, I'm not most women. I considered myself a little outside the norm. Don't get me wrong. I like roses just as much as the next girl.” She pulled them out of the plastic wrap and cut the rubber band holding them.

He just smiled as he watched her as she cut the stems at the perfect angle; delicately arranging them in the vase. What was it about flowers that just seemed to brighten any woman's day? It was like she did a complete three sixty when she went to work on them. She set them in the middle of the island.

“What?” She smiled shyly.

It was the first time since they'd met the day before that she hadn't been on guard. It was nice.”Nothing really. I just like the way your face lit up when you were arranging the flowers.”

“I just thought it would be rude to not accept your peace offering after all the hell Skylar most likely put you through.”

“Well she can be intimidating sometimes.”

“Sometimes?”

Nick chuckled.”So I'm not the only one that thinks this?”

“Lord no! I love my friend but she can be overbearing.”

“That's putting it lightly.” Maybe they were going to get along after all.

Krista giggled. Well they at least they agreed about Skylar. Maybe she could make get along with him for awhile.”So Nick,” she said putting the knife in the sink.”I haven't been out of this house in nearly twenty four hours. Maybe we could do something.”
“Like?”

“I don't know. Maybe you could show me LA after dark through your eyes.” She wasn't used to making the first move. She was making a move? Even if she was just making male friends, she always let them make the invitation. She was just old fashioned in the sense that the man should be the one to chase. Last time she checked, men still liked a good challenge. What was the point if they didn't have to work for it?

Was she asking him out? Nah. She didn't seem like the type. She was self confident granted but there was something about her that told him she was going to be a challenge. Wait! Was he considering her as a date? Maybe. Maybe he should just take her out and see how things progress. It certainly couldn't hurt.”My eyes?”

“Yeah. The way you do a night on town as Nick the guy, not the popstar.”

“So are we calling this a date?”

“I say we just call it two people enjoying each other's company and take it from there. What do you say?”

He didn't want to look relieved but apparently she had the same idea as he did. He was feeling something he didn't expect to be feeling with her but at the same time he wanted to impress her with what he could do without using his name.” What time should I pick you up?”