- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


It's Tuesday! I have 2 chapters today! Enjoy!


Closing the door last night was the hardest thing to do. It would have been so easy to let all those old fashioned morals of hers fly out the window and jump into bed with him. He knew it too but something told her if she played coy that he would come running back for more. That challenge. He forgot to take his jacket with him. She had it hanging over one of the backs of the seated barstools. She ran her hand over it and grinned foolishly at how she felt when he wrapped it around her shoulders. He was so close and it made parts of her tingle like they never had before. Krista looked at the blank page on the screen of her laptop. This stuff should come easy to her but her mind was a scrambled egg and every time she thought of him, her heart sped up. She wasn't going to be able to concentrate until she heard his voice. Maybe not even then. She got up and walked over to the refrigerator for the tenth time and traced her fingers over the number. She felt a little weird calling but he wasn't just going to magically appear because she wanted him to and he couldn't reach her unless she contacted him first. Pulling the piece of paper from it's place, she returned to laptop where her cell phone sat beside it. She pulled up the compose message and entered his number first. Then she typed,”Couldn't sleep at all last night. Any thoughts? Krista.” And hit send.

She pulled Skylar's number up and started typing to her as well. The final message read,” Girl, I am so in TROUBLE!” After finishing, she set her phone on the counter and tried to focus on her computer screen. She ended up minimizing the page and pulled up her e-mail. The reviews for her latest work had started coming in. With the whirlwind of things that had happened in the last two days, she had let the critiques slip from her mind. She was reading one of them when her cell went off. She looked at the caller ID and did the teenage girlie squee thing that happens to them when a boy calls. She'd definitely lost it. Regaining her 'grown up' composure, she hit the talk button.

“Hey,”he said casually.

“Good morning,”she returned with the biggest smile plastered on her face. Okay, so she missed him. Big deal! Like she was the only woman in the world that had ever got all school girlie when a guy called.

“So I got your text and I was thinking.”Great Carter. That was slick. She called you. Of course she did. You wouldn't be talking to her now if she hadn't but he knew from her text alone that she'd been up all night with thoughts of him. Couldn't have been any other reason. Well, unless she was an insomniac. Stop it! She likes you.

“What'd you come up with?” Her heart racing with the anticipation of his answer. She knew why she couldn't sleep. She just wanted to hear what his reasons were.

“I couldn't stop thinking about you. About how your lips felt when they touched my cheek. About how they would feel if they'd touch my lips. How soft they would be. What they would taste like. How you would pull away from me all shy and stuff.”

“Nick,”she protested shyly.

“But you only protest because you're thinking that good girls don't do these kinds of things on a first date. I pull you back into my arms and stare into those gorgeous eyes of yours before our lips meet again. Only this time, you kiss me. It's more urgent. You let go of all those morals and let yourself go. I let my hands wander down your body as your fingers slip into my hair. I slide my tongue between your lips and your hunger gets stronger. You move your hands lower on my body as mine move up. That's when you stop me. I want more but I know I need to back off so I do. I know there will be more.”

God! He did know what she was thinking but when it was put into words and was pouring from his lips....Lord! She was going to need a cold shower at this rate. It was a good thing she was still sitting too. Her knees would have buckled and took her right down with that. His voice had dropped an octave and holy shit! That good girl was going to climb out her bedroom window and do things she shouldn't if he kept this up.

“You still there?” He knew she was. He could still hear her breathing. Heavily. He'd even got worked up and that was only a kiss he was describing.

“Yes.”

“So what'd you come up with?” He inquired nonchalantly. Like he'd done nothing wrong in getting her all hot and bothered. He knew he was playing with fire but he had a feeling about her. Despite her initial prim and proper appearance, she was hiding a temptress.

“Pretty much the same.”

“Not to be a guy but why didn't you do that last night?”

“I figured you needed something to look forward to.” There you go!

“It takes two there you know.”

“And?”

Okay. Fair enough. She had to wait as well. He chuckled. “So anything on your schedule today?”

“I think I can fit you in. What'd you have in mind?”

“How soon could you be ready?”

“Depends on what you have in mind.”

“Have you ever been to Universal Studios?”

“No and I've been to California quite a few times too.”

“So how long would it take you to get ready?”

“Fifteen minutes.”

“Really?”

“Well I'm already dressed for outdoors so yeah. If you were taking me to dinner, I'd say more like an hour.”

“Well since I just finished working out, give me an hour and I'll be there to pick you up .”

She could just see him shirtless, sweat dripping down his body. Damn! She did not need that image. ”Works for me.”

“I'll see you in an hour then.”

“See you then.” She hung up. She groaned with frustration and her cell phone went off. Now what? She looked at the caller ID. Thank God! Skylar.”Hey girl! How's the trip going?”

“It is heaven. I love Kauai. We took a helicopter tour of the island yesterday. We're going to the fern grotto today.”

“I'm glad you're having a good time lady.”

“What's going on with you smexy?” It was a nickname that just kinda stuck with them. It was all in good fun.

“I think I'm falling in love.”

“You think?”

“Sky. He took me out last night and I wasn't calling it a date but by the end of the night, that's exactly what it turned out to be. We had dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant, danced on the beach under a full moon. He was a perfect gentleman.”

“Only because he knew what I'd do if he pushed it.”

“Neither one of us slept last night. I couldn't stop thinking about him and when he called me from the text I left, he pretty much said the same.”

“What did he say?”

“Let's just say that if I'd have kissed him goodnight last night, it's exactly what he described to me.”

“Oh Lord Krista, really?”

“You know this power don't you?”

“Unfortunately yes. Be careful.”

“Noted. Where is Kevin?”

“He just got out of the shower which means I need to get going. We've got a full day starting with breakfast.”

“And I need to get going too. Nick's going to take me to Universal Studios. He'll be here before I'm ready if I don't get going. Have fun!”

“You too and keep me updated okay?”

“You got it lady. Later!” Hanging up her phone. Skylar was right. She didn't want to be guarded with her heart but it was really hard when it was the one thing that was leading her straight into the man's arms.