- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


chapter number 2! :)


Nick arrived on time and by the time they arrived at the park, lunch was the issue. Looking at the map, they decided on Mel's Diner. It was fun with it's fifties nostalgic feel. While waiting for their meals to arrive, they planned out the remainder of the day. The park would only be open for another six hours and there was an array of things to do. So they wouldn't lose their lunches right away, they decided on the Universal house of horrors as their first stop and move onto The Simpsons virtual roller coaster. After that it would be King Kong 360 3-D followed by the Jurassic Park water ride then take in the special effect stage while they dried off. He held her hand across the table of the booth they were sitting in and just smiled as she laid out their afternoon schedule. She looked up.”What?”

“You like to plan things out don't you?”

“I find it's effective most times.”

“Do you ever just do something totally unplanned?”

Figuring that after that little session this morning on the phone, he deserved this answer.”Sex.”
And looked back down at the map briefly before raising her eyes to meet his reaction. She bit her lip when his eyes locked onto them. His eyes met hers.”So did you come up with a flavor on my lips?”
Running her tongue ever so slightly over them. He swallowed hard at the simple action.

She doesn't miss a beat. She'll have her turn.” I was thinking something sweet or fruity.”

“Like?”

“Cotton candy or strawberries,”he managed to produce just as the waitress arrived with their burgers.

Krista released his hand and grabbed the map; folding it as the waitress set their plates down. After inquiring if they needed anything else, she left them alone.

“Am I right?”

“I don't know. I forgot what I brought with me this time. Guess you'll just have to wait.” She lifted one of the shoestring potatoes and tilted her head back as she slowly took the entire thing into her mouth.

“You're not gonna even give me a hint?”

She smirked.”You'll get your answer soon enough.” Taking a bite of her hamburger.

Fuck! She just made everything look sexual now. It wasn't fair. Wait. Don't you hit them right out of left field so they don't see it coming? This one is biting you in the ass but now he was seeing the foreplay game thrown back at him. And she wasn't even being dirty about it. It was going to be a long day. He got his revenge though. He found out over the course of the day that she wasn't big on roller coasters and managed to coerce her into getting on The Mummy. She was clinging to him by the time they exited the ride. She was just happy to be off of it the way she was holding onto his arm. She eventually released her grip on his arm and casually tangled her fingers in his. He thought she'd be mad and maybe she was but she never said the words. Maybe her silence was her revenge. By this time, the park was getting ready to close so they walked hand in hand out to his car. He opened the door and she got in without so much as a word. This couldn't be good. Once he got in on his side, he turned to her and said,”Did I do something?”

“No. I'm just trying to find my stomach is all.”She smiled. She was lying to him but it'd been fun torturing him for taking her on that ride.

“You sure?”

“I'll be fine in a few. I promise. I'm just not used to those kinds of rides.” Leaning over and placing a chaste kiss on his cheek.”By the time we get to Kevin's, it'll have passed and I'll have my appetite back. Promise.”

She was shameless. Those lips getting so close to his but never on them. What did have to do to even get a little lip action from her? He was getting more than just a little frustrated.”Okay.” Accepting her answer as they rode in silence. It wasn't a bad thing. He liked being with her now. He still couldn't believe that two days ago he couldn't stand be around her and now he couldn't wait to be with her. He walked her to the door, expecting a goodbye but instead was getting an invitation to come in.

“I've had a really good time again and I don't want it to end today. Would you like to come in? Maybe we could order pizza and watch a movie?”

“You sure you can trust me? I mean we will be all alone.” He teased.

“I was alone with you last night and survived so I think I can handle it.”

“Then yeah, I'd like that.”



The next morning they were still together. Sleep had taken over. Once they settled down and were cozied up with each other, the not knowing if it was what it was ended. They were together ; enjoying and learning about each other. Krista smiled as she found herself wrapped in his arms and she could have stayed there forever but hunger and caffeine were calling her name. She wriggled out of the circumference of his arms and made her way into the kitchen. She found the coffee filters and measured the coffee into the filter she'd placed in the maker. She added the water and turned it on. Once it was going, she perused the refrigerator finding eggs, bacon and bread. That would work. She wasn't much of a cook but she knew her way around the basics. She found a pan and pulled it out. She laid six strips of bacon in the pan and they started to sizzle. If the smell of food didn't wake this boy up, he slept harder than she did.

He stumbled into the kitchen, half asleep and leaned against the counter beside the stove where she was cooking. He was seriously falling for this girl and if he had to wait a lifetime for that kiss from her, he would. She hadn't freshened up much more than he did. Her hair was all sleep tousled and sexy as hell.
She was humming the song he'd found for her from their first date. It was sweet. “Morning.”

His voice was all gravely with remnants of sleep. And his hair! It looked like they'd just taken a roll in the hay. That kiss was getting harder to avoid but he was about to make it easier for her. Before she could even answer him, she was met with his lips on hers; soft and gentle. Letting the food on the stove go, she moved closer to him and pulled his lips to her again. His arms slid around her waist as her fingers slid into his hair. Gradually, their lips parted and his tongue twined with hers. The hem of her shirt lifted as his hand slid onto her bare back. She gripped his shoulders and breathlessly pulled away. But it was brief.

Her mouth was on his again and her hands had moved as had his. Her arms were down around him and her hands had slid up under his t-shirt. His body was starting to get that familiar stirring and he knew that if he wasn't the one to stop, it wasn't going to end up pretty. Gradually, he slowed the progression and she seemed to be satisfied with his response. As difficult as it had been, it had been the right choice. He knew things would have gone further and he wasn't about to let her make that choice. He knew she had standards and for the first time in his life, he was going to respect that.

Smiling, she looked up at him,”So what'd they taste like?”

“Cotton candy.”

“Impressive.”

“It was a lucky guess. So what's burning for breakfast?” He grinned.

She turned to the stove.”Shit!” Turning the stove off She saw the potholder hanging above the stove and grabbed it. She grabbed the handle and dropped it in the sink. She felt his hands on her shoulder as he kissed the top of her head.”It's okay. Why don't we have a cup of coffee then start over? I did kind of distract you after all.”

She turned between him and the counter.” You are so not what I expected.”

“So that means you'll sit down and let me fix you a cup of coffee?” Giving her that charming grin of his.

“Sure.” She had no idea where this was leading but if his kisses were any indication, she'd hang
around.