- Text Size +
She couldn't take her eyes off him. Three days ago it seemed impossible to imagine kissing him. Even if nothing had ever happened with him, he would have made for a great leading man in one of her books. Now that she'd got to know him and the fact that she didn't want to share him left her back at square one. Okay, so you're thinking that's just so wrong but considering how they'd started out, was it really? It's not like he would have ever known otherwise. She watched as he doctored up the cup that was hers. She liked her coffee but she couldn't do it without sweetener or creamer. And if there wasn't creamer, milk was a good substitute.

“Here we go,”he said; sitting on the stool next to hers after placing her cup in front of her.”So tell me something Krista.” He smiled as he brushed a random curl from her cheek.

“What?”she replied after taking a sip of her coffee.

“You put some of that lip gloss on before you started breakfast this morning didn't you?”

She played innocent.”Maybe.”Taking another sip of her warm concoction.

“I think you even planned for me to kiss you this morning.”

Leaning in on his chair right where it would affect him the most, she whispered against his lips,”I'm a good girl. I couldn't have planned anything that delicious.”Softly brushing her lips against his. Women may throw themselves at him when he's on stage but her gut told her that it had got old. That he wanted something real. Something that he had to earn. She eased back against the back of her chair and took another sip of her coffee.

After taking a drink from his cup, he took her hand.” I think you're a bad girl posing as prim and proper.”

“I'm just trying to keep you guessing.”As much as she wanted him to be touching her, she pulled her hand away. He was loving the cat and mouse game she played so far. She pushed her chair back far enough that she could get up. She stood between his spread legs and rest her hands on his thighs.

“What do you think you're doing?” His lips moving closer to hers.

“Playing. You?” His breath now upon her lips.

“I'll get back to you on that.” His mouth covering hers; arms slipping around her as he consumed her. He was trying to be a gentleman but he was also letting her take the lead. She wanted this. He's a guy? Who was he to argue?

Normally she wouldn't let her kisses get so hot and heavy but his kisses were explosive. The intensity was there but he could turn the fire up then let it smolder before cranking the heat back up. It was mind boggling to say the least. Maybe that's why her mind had been a big old mess before. She'd been daydreaming of what it would be like to feel his mouth on hers; tasting, nibbling, sucking. He softly nibbled her lower lip before drawing away.

“You're right. That was pretty delicious.”

“Am I the only of us that's thinking this is crazy?” She didn't want to break this playful little moment they were having but she thought it needed to be put out there.

“You mean since we were ready to kill each other three days ago? Maybe but do you really want to question this good thing we have going now?”

“No. I just have to know one thing though.” His arms still wrapped around her.

“Are you worried about the age thing?”

“I was just worried that maybe it bothered you.”

“What would give you that idea? I like being with you. I'll admit it threw me off at first but after spending a couple of days with you, I don't see you as older. I just see you as a woman I'm very interested in.”

Maybe she was over thinking things. After all, they were having a good time and he'd watched his step. So what if Skylar had a vice grip on his nuts to start with. She certainly didn't seem to have one anymore.”I guess I over analyze things sometimes.”

“Don't worry. We all do it and as much as I would love to spend all day with you, I do have plans. I know Skylar expected me to be at your beckon call but-”

She placed a finger over his lips.” But nothing. I understand. You keep your commitment. I've got things I can work on here.”

“How'd you know I wasn't going to drop them for you and all your gorgeousness?”

She blushed but answered him.”Because I know you're not the kind of guy to drop his buddies or prior engagements just for a girl.”

“Krista, I've been with a lot of girls but you're a woman. I would drop everything just to have another five minutes with you.”

“Now I can see it.”

“See what?”

“What my friend saw in you.”

“Trust me. This is a side even she didn't get to see but I should get going.”Softly kissing her.

She stepped away and let him get up. Taking her hand, he looked into her eyes.”So um, how do you feel about fish?”

“To eat ? Or look at?”

He chuckled.” To look at.”

“I love to look at them. I've even snorkeled and looked at them.”

“How would you like to go to the Aquarium Of The Pacific then tomorrow?”

“I would love that,” she said.

“It's a little bit of a drive but it's worth it. Are you generally an early bird or just with me?”

“Never had a reason to be one before you.”

He really wanted to take her in his arms and kiss the breath out of her but he did have to get going.”Then I guess it won't be a problem for you to be ready by seven thirty?”

“I'll be ready. You just make sure you are.”She reached up and pulled his mouth to hers. God she was going to miss his lips, his hands. Hell, she was just going to miss anything about him that made her body tingle.

“As much as I want to stay and kiss you all day long, I do have to get going.”

“I know.” She let go of his hand and followed him into the living room where his shoes were sitting. He'd sat his keys and wallet on the coffee table in front of the couch where they'd fallen asleep. Once he'd got his shoes on, he grabbed the items off the table and started for the door but not without her.

He didn't realize how hard it really was going to be to leave her after that earth shattering set of kisses this morning. He knew he'd been lucky to get the one but he never imagined she'd be so forward. He was still letting her have control where the physical was concerned so it shouldn't have really surprised him that much. Grabbing the handle of the door, he turned to her.”I'll see you in the morning then?”

“I'll be here.”

“See you in the morning.”He gave her his lopsided grin and kissed her softly before leaving.

She closed the door and looked out the full pane window as he pulled away. Once he was gone, she did her little girlie thing again. She had stars in her eyes. She was just flippin over the moon for him and as rocky as they'd started, it was a miracle they were civil to each other much less this. She was past the point of falling in love. She had fallen. She grabbed her phone and the cup of coffee from the kitchen counter and went to her room. Opening the lid of her laptop, she pulled up the word processor and the story she'd been trying to write started flowing from her fingers. She barely touched her coffee and it was only when she heard the notification go off on her phone. It was a text from Nick.

”Can't get enough of you. Can't wait to taste those sweet lips of yours again ;-)”


She hit the reply and typed,”Even if I put the librarian mask on again? :P” His answer surprised her though. It had been that very look that turned him off at their first meeting.

He knew that it turned him off before but any fantasy involving her would be hot now.”You're the sexiest one I know. Miss you. See you tomorrow.”

Even his words got her juices flowing. He was playing it safe and she appreciated that but she wanted to speed things up just a smidge. Accelerate the process and all that good stuff. She had a fire that needed extinguishing and at the moment, he was very male and very available to do the job. She'd worry about her heart later. She was about to start typing again when she saw the caller ID on her screen. Skylar shouldn't be calling her. Hell, she shouldn't have been calling Skylar but your friends have this tendency to know when something really good or really bad happens to you. She hit the talk and the speaker.”Hola!”

“Hey. I hadn't heard anything today. Is Nick still alive?” She teased.

“Very much so,”she replied dreamily. Oh God! She was becoming one of those. Skylar was going to have a field day when she got home.


“What happened?”

“We fell asleep watching a movie last night right? So I get up and start working on some breakfast. He stumbles into the kitchen with that freshly fucked hair . He said hey and before I could say good morning, he was kissing me.”

“So you don't want to kill him anymore?”

“Quite the opposite. I want to jump him now.”

“Krista!”

“I'm old fashioned not a corpse. I'm sorry. Is this uncomfortable for you? I mean I know with everything that happened and such.”

“No. I kind of wanted you to hook up. I think it's great that he likes you.” There was a tiny part of her that was jealous but Kevin had her heart. That's all she wanted for Krista. And if things were progressing the way it sounded, they were meant to be.

“So you think it's not just physical?”

“Kris, if it was only physical, you wouldn't be talking to him anymore.”

“I know you're right. I'm just doing that nervous girlie thing again. Even though, he did just text me.”

“Oh Lord are you gone.”

“I remember you were that way once upon a time. Something tells me Kevin may be rekindling that fire.”

“I'll admit it's been a good trip.”Feeling Kevin's arms slip around her waist and nibbling on her free ear.” Look lady. I've gotta go. Mr Richardson is requesting my attention. Just thought I'd check in.”

Krista giggled. She hoped one day she had that.”Glad you did. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.”

“Doesn't leave a lot.”

“Funny. Later.”

“Later.” Skylar turned around and looked at Kevin.”You need something?”

“I need you to be unavailable to those two for just one day. Can you handle that?”

“What? The whole five minutes I'm spending with my friend that I should have been there to meet at the airport is killing your schedule. So far as I can tell, we've stayed right on schedule. So have you checked on Mason today?”

“Okay. You win and yes I have. Jules is spoiling him rotten. They're going to Chuck E Cheese tonight.”

“You're right. She may have just topped me out in the spoiling department.” And kissed him.

“So how are the young lovers?”

“Madly in love.”