- Text Size +
After ringing the doorbell, he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. When he looked in the mirror this morning, he had this silly grin on his face and it hadn't left since. She was the cause. The minute he walked out the door yesterday, he couldn't wait to get back to her. He couldn't remember the last time he wanted to spend that much time with a woman. His face lit up even more when she opened the door. How did she do that?


“Good morning.”She smiled.

“Good morning.” Returning her smile. He pulled her into his arms. She didn't even protest.

She knew what he wanted and didn't hesitate giving it to him. Her arms slid around his neck as their lips met. How was it he knew just what set her body on fire? Just the way his tongue intertwined with hers was enough to get her going. Not to mention the way he held her just so. He hadn't been rough. Although she'd entertained him getting a little caveman on her. When his mouth left hers, he continued to hold her in his arms.

Looking into her eyes, he smiled and said,”I couldn't wait to taste your lips again.”

She giggled.”Were they as delicious as they were yesterday?”

“Even better.”

“Then I must have put more on today.”

“I'm going to buy you a lifetime supply of that lip gloss.”

Again she laughed.

“You think I'm kidding.”

“I know you're not. That's why I find it amusing. Shouldn't we get going though?”

“Do we have to?”He grinned.

“Nice try.” Pecking him on the lips.” I'll get my shoes and purse then we can get on our way.” Pulling out of his embrace.

She returned with a cute little pair of white slip on shoes to match her ever feminine wardrobe of whie capris and a short sleeved purple, well it was a light shade of purple sweater.”How is it you always look so incredible?”

“Probably the same reason you do,” she answered and grabbed her purse off the entryway table.”Ready?”

He opened the door as she found the house key. After allowing her to exit first, he came out and pulled the door closed. She turned the key in the deadbolt and took his hand. When they got to his car, he leaned in and kissed her then whispered in her ear,”I hope you brought plenty of that lip gloss with you today.”

The thought that he was going to kiss her senseless all day long got her stomach doing flip flops. He held her hand as she entered the car. He didn't let go until she was completely adjusted.

He walked around the back and climbed in on his side.

“So I looked up this place on the web last night,”Krista started.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”She said as he started the car.”I can't wait to get there. Looks like a really neat place.”

“I think it is.”

“You've been there before?”

“Once but I didn't get to see it all.”

“Oh. So what did you have in mind?”

“The Shark Lagoon.”

“I hear they're not as dangerous as the world makes them out to be.”

“They're pretty harmless creatures. They'll actually let you touch some of them here.”

“Really?” It was so cute. He was like a kid at Christmas the way his face lit up.

His eyes turned briefly to her as they came to a stop.”You think I'm nuts don't you?”

“No. I think it's sweet. You really like the ocean don't you?”

“I love it. I hope you do too by the end of the day.”

“How could I not with your enthusiasm for it?” Resting her hand over his on the wheel. “Now that I know what you like they have this aviary there too I'd like to see. How are you on birds?”

“I can take them or leave them.”

“Then you wouldn't mind if we went through it. They say the birds are very afffectionate.”

“Meaning?”

“Meaning they're not afraid of people. You can buy some nectar and it said they'll actually come and land on your arm ,hand whatever just to get a taste of it.”

“I guess I can try something new. After all, you went on the roller coaster for me.”





So three hours later after playing at the Shark Lagoon for awhile, they purchased a cup of the nectar and ventured into the lorikeet forest. They looked like mini parrots to her. It was adorable how guarded he got when the birds started approaching. One landed on the back of her hand and one on her arm. He was pretty good about the ones that he could visually locate on his shoulders but he froze when the cute little purple one landed on his head. She smiled.”You okay?”

“I was until that one landed on my head. I don't want it to do it's business up there.”

Krista laughed but she had to agree. She didn't want the bird making it's business known in his gorgeous blond strands. She liked tangling her fingers there.”Okay. Lean down a little bit and I can get him or her off of there.”

“How can you be so calm?”

“I had a cockatiel that I actually let set on my head when I let her out to spread her wings. Hold onto this.” Handing him the cup of nectar. She still had one sitting on a finger on the one hand. “Now slowly.” He eased down far enough for her to reach the top of his head. Offering her finger to the small animal, it scooted on.”There we go. Oh, you're so pretty,”she started making a baby voice to it.

Nick smiled. She was almost like Snow White the way they reacted to her. One more thing to add to that growing list of things that he was falling in love with about her. Was he falling in love with her?




It was a nice, quiet ride home with the radio playing softly. It'd been a good day. And he had stolen more than a few kisses. People were starting to give them that look of 'ugh! Get a room you two'. He'd been on that side. It was more fun being the one needing to get the room he mused. He looked over and she was staring out the window at the night sky. It was beautiful. So was she. If he didn't have to keep his eyes on the road, he could have just stared at her. Once they arrived back at Kevin's house, he walked her to the door. She had stuck the key in the lock and turned it before his lips fell against hers; her hands pressed against his chest. As the intensity of the kiss grew, so did the need to be with her. Turning the handle of the door, he pushed it open and backed her into the dark house.

She needed him. Really needed him and once her arms were free, she slid them up around his neck; tangling in his hair. He backed her against the wall and his hand slid down around her ass; drawing her leg up around his hip. She could feel how much he wanted her. Her purse dropped to the floor. His lips made a journey down her neck, over her collarbone before coming back to devour her. She slipped her hands up under his hoodie onto the bare skin of his back. His hips grinding into her. God! There was no way this wasn't not going to happen tonight.

He pulled away from her mouth and started working through the buttons of her sweater; his eyes never leaving hers as he did. She pulled his mouth to hers; claiming his breath as her own. God did he want this but it would only be physical tonight. He wanted it to be more for her. He really hated what he was about to do.