- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Do you think he screwed up? Read on and find out!


He reached for the light switch and flipped it on.”I can't do this.”

What the?! They were going all hot and heavy and HE stops?! “Sure you can.”

“No. I can't.”

Krista's eyes wandered down his body; eying the bulge in his jeans.”I think you're body's saying otherwise” Dropping the sweater off her body and stepping closer.

“Please don't do this Krista.”Her hands slipping up under his clothing. His body was sending him a whole different message than what his brain was telling him he should do. She pushed the material up and despite wanting to stop her, the physical part was winning. He pulled his hoodie over his head as her hands made a steady climb; slowly followed by those delicious lips of hers. Their lips met and she started loosening his belt. His brain had turned to butter again and all it took was her touch. The minute her hand landed inside his jeans, he stopped her. For one, he knew couldn't walk away with a clean conscience if it were to happen tonight and two, the front door was still wide open for the whole world to see.”Really Krista. I can't do this.” As good as it felt. Fuck it felt good but somewhere over the last five days, he'd gained a conscience about just jumping into bed with women. Especially her.


She pulled away. Great! Just another all talk no action guy. The last two had been like that. No wonder she'd stopped believing in the very thing that made her living. She found her sweater and started pulling it on when she heard him.

“Krista, please don't be mad.”

“Why should I be mad? I just feel like a flippin fool is all,”she said as she turned around to face him.

He'd closed the door and pulled his hoodie back on before even approaching her.”Why?”

“Because for some insane reason I thought you wanted to be with me.”

“I do. Believe me, if you were any other woman in the world I wouldn't have thought twice about how you felt. I don't want to hurt you.”

“Well you did.”Tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. When it came to her heart, there was a reason she was very guarded. It wasn't because she never wanted to feel what it was like to make that part of her whole, it was the fact that she'd been that girl that sat in the corner with the purses and watched while her friends had a good time and every time a guy approached, it was usually to ask one of her friends to dance. It was just easier to keep men at a distance and in books where she could control their feelings and actions. She'd had five of the most wonderful days of her life and for a guy that a reputation for bedding women according to the worldwide web, she was feeling pretty rejected. Moreso because it made her feel undesirable.


“Krista. Look at me please.”He tilted her chin up. Yep, he was hating himself so much right now. He wanted her more than anything in the world but how could he make her understand that he wanted to make it more than just a little bit of exercise? That's all it had been lately. In she walks and he's suddenly worried about how to make it good for her instead of just getting his jollies.


“What?”Her lip started trembling Great! This 'll send him running.

“I want you more than anything in the world but I want to make it right. Not just because we're in the moment. Not the first time anyway.”

“So you want to have white hot, passionate sex with me?”

He thought about his answer for a minute but knew how he should answer. He brushed away all those soft, beautiful curls away from her face.” One day but I want the first time we have together to be something neither of us will forget fifty years down the road.”

Wow! Was he saying what she thought he was? It didn't matter but it only made her want him more.”You really mean that don't you?”

“Krista, if you told me five days ago I'd fall in love with someone like you, I'd have told them they were messed up but the more I get to know you, the longer I want to be with you.”

“Me too.”She nodded and for the first time it felt right not to not get physical. They were having one of those moments she'd only ever written about. The butterflies gone in your stomach because you know there's something more than just a chemical reaction going on. The tears had disappeared.

“So you're not mad at me anymore?”

“I shouldn't have been mad in the first place. It just made me feel a little undesirable when I was doing everything in my power just to turn you on.”

“Just you standing there could turn me on.”

Her frown had turned upside down. Something good was happening here.”So maybe it's time to say goodnight?”

“I think that might be a good idea. I'll call you tomorrow?”

“Will you?”She attempted to be cute.

“You know I will.”Taking her hand and softly kissing her on the lips.”Goodnight.”


“Goodnight.”She grinned as his hand slowly slid from hers.



The minute he walked through his door, he pulled his cell phone out and dialed his friend's number.”Got a minute Bri?”

“We're putting Bay to bed. Give me five?”

“Sure.”

“Is everything okay Nick?”

“Yeah. I just need some advice. Get Bay to bed then we'll talk.”

“Okay.” Brian hung up but he knew something was up with Nick. More than usual.

He really hated being the single man standing. They were all so happy and now he was on the verge of having that same bliss. He wasn't about to screw it up. He went and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and paced around the house until his phone went off. It had only been ten minutes but it seemed like a lifetime right now.

“So what's going on Nick?”

“I want to impress this girl...no, woman and I don't want to screw it up.”

“So why is this the first any of us is hearing about it?”

“Because I wanted to be sure of how it was going before anything happened.”

“She must be something else if you're coming to me for love advice.”

“Bri, I know relationships aren't perfect but you and Leigh have one that's the closest to it I've ever seen so you're doing something better than the rest of us.”

“It takes work and there are times we get on each other's nerves but at the end of the day, she's the only person I want to share all the ups and downs with. Is that what's going on with you? Found a girl that special?”

“She's not a girl Rok. She's an intelligent, beautiful woman and is crazy about me.”

“You're right. She needs to be locked up,”Brian teased.

“I'm serious man.”

“I know. Geez! So what do you want to know?”

“ I want to give her a night she won't forget.”

“This isn't all about sex is it Nick?”

“No. I want to make sure she remembers more than that.”

“Okay. Then you find out what she wants to do and go from there. That's a night she'll never forget. Then if you're lucky, the romance of you letting her decide will be the one thing that puts her in your arms.”

“Okay.”

“Nick. Have you said the words?”

“I told her I had fallen in love. I haven't even known her a week and I'm seeing us with kids. Am I crazy?”

“No. You're in love. I can't wait to meet this woman.”

“That's why I called you cuz I knew I'd screw up and you'd never meet the wonderful woman that's changed my life.”

“I'm happy for you Nick but if I don't get going myself, I'll be sleeping on the couch.”

“I know. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.” Both of them hanging up. He'd call Krista in the morning. Otherwise, he'd be right back over there and they both needed a little space. Besides, it would just make it all that more spectacular. For the both of them.