- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Tuesday.... you know what that means :) Enjoy!

MEG


Sharon took one look at me and knew I'd been through hell and back. I knew she was on the phone when I came in. I just wasn't aware of the other party's person.”Who was that?”

“Donnie.”

The floodgates literally opened. I didn't deserve such a giving and caring man. If he only knew what I'd done to him. To myself. Sharon was at my side almost immediately; her arm wrapping around my shoulder. She walked me to the couch as I was so blinded by the endless stream of tears. She sat with me for I don't know how long. I must have cried myself to sleep though because the next thing I
know, I opened my eyes with a throbbing headache.

Sharon was quietly watching television when she heard me groan. She must have anticipated the pain because she had Tylenol and a bottled water ready to go.”How you feeling?”

“Ugh... like crap.”

“Wanna talk about it?”

“I'd rather not.” Taking the tiny white pill and chasing it with the water.

“Was it really that bad?”

“She's so sick Share. So depraved I don't even know where to begin.”

“Did you?” Sharon raised her brow knowingly.

I knew she was asking if I'd done the deed with Roxy.”Yeah.” How to tell this story? Sharon IS your best friend. She may not understand it but she is there for you.” Well she went to get some water and she'd been gone quite awhile afterward so I decided to get up and pull myself together. I had to put an end to it. I am so so frickin glad I was dressed because I walked in on her and her roommate going at it in the kitchen. She so much as admitted she let him watch her get me off. He'd even alluded to the fact of wanting to …..” I couldn't even say the words without it making me wretch. I ran to the kitchen sink and let loose what was left in my stomach. After rinsing my mouth, I looked up to find Sharon there for me yet again. I buried my head in her shoulders; sobbing.”She's gonna dig my grave Share. I'm gonna lose him.”

“Only if you let her do it Meg.”Loosening her comforting hold and looking me in the eye.”I know you see the good in people Meg but if you don't make it crystal clear, she's going to come after your man. Whether she wants him or not. She'll do it just to spite you.”

“I know but I don't know how to be as cold as she is.”

“You don't have to be. You just have to make sure she knows you're not backing down.”

“So how do I do that?”

“First of all, you're going to take a personal day from work. Then you need to get your man back ASAP. The longer you let this stew, the more chance she has to get into HIS pants.”

“I can't take a day off just because.”

“Listen lady, why do you think they call them personal days? Sometimes you need a little you time. And last time you took any of that was six months ago. Everybody else takes theirs. Just take a day, maybe two if you feel you need it.”

“What do I do?”

“Clear your head. Do a little retail therapy then go home to that gem of a man you have and explain to him why you did what you did. That's all he wants. And you to never leave again.”

“Are you sure?” I wasn't sure he would being as I'd pretty much taken and ripped his heart out. We hadn't even got to the 'til death do us part' and I was so sure that it was going to happen to us. I had my dress picked out and everything. Now I thought I could just kiss that dream goodbye.

“He called to check on you. That doesn't sound like a guy that wants to give up on you now does it?”

“No.”

“Then get yourself straight, go home, talk, then jump him like you did when you got him back in your life.”

“I didn't jump him.”

“According to him you did.” Sharon laughed.

“Fine. Maybe I did.”

“It's okay Meg. You both had a a lot of pent up emotions. And to think, you had the hots for Jordan.”

“Lord! What was I thinking?”

“Damned if I know. Are you gonna be okay now?”

“I think I am. Thanks for being there for me Share. You're the best lady.”

“I know.” She teased but it was the truth. She was one of those friends that I would have never made it through life without.


DONNIE


I looked over to her side of the bed and there laid man's best friend. Lumpy' legs were stretched as his stomach faced the ceiling and as much as I loved him, I wanted Meg back there. I missed the soft curve of her body taunting me from beneath the sheet when I woke up every morning. Hell, I just missed being close to her. The nights we spent talking ourselves to sleep about nothing in particular or everything in the world. Then there was the first time we were in a bed together period. Even then it never felt wrong. We'd just wrapped up our appearance on the Today show.


~FLASHBACK~


She was talking to Jon when I slipped up behind her.”Can we go somewhere and
talk?” I whispered in her ear.

I don't know. Jon and I were planning on doing lunch.” She was toying with
me. I knew she wanted to be alone with me as much as I did her.

So instead of letting her make any further decisions, I took her hand and informed Jon that she would be joining me for lunch. He didn't seem too concerned. Or surprised.

I really did just want to talk to her but once we were alone in that room, everything changed. And she was the first to make the move. Shocked the hell out of me at the time but we had grown up. Just a little.

She sat on the bed; legs crossed. She dangled her shoe of f her foot. “There are plenty of chairs in
this room.”

“I know .”She continued to dangle that shoe and lost the other one.


I hadn't really filed for divorce at that point but Kim and I weren't living in the same place either. We had separated. It was just a matter of time. Maybe it was wrong but I needed to be with Meg. Not ever knowing that overpowering feeling of knowing her touch ever again was what drove me. I leaned over her and kissed her just like we had so many years ago.

“Wow.”

There was that word again. She let the other shoe drop to the floor and moved back onto the bed; further and further until her head reached the pile of pillows. I followed and came over her. The anticipation had consumed us. All those years built up. Our lips met feverishly and before we knew it, we were tangled up like a couple of kids necking in front of the TV on a Saturday night. I pulled her over onto me.

“Should we really be doing this?”She breathed as her mouth left mine to suckle that one part of my neck she didn't even know drove me crazy at that point.

“I'm separated. Oh God!” I moaned. I slid my hands down over the plush curve of her hips. She'd never been my type but our connection was unreal. Then we were interrupted. I could have killed Jordan. He knew she was with me. It was that teenage jealously coming back to haunt us. She rose; her body still straddling mine as she peeled through the buttons of her short sleeved sweater. Her eyes never left mine as she pulled the second layer of a camisole over her head. She was getting annoyed. She wanted this. Hell! We both wanted this. The evidenced was there and Jordan wasn't letting up. She was trying her damnedest to gain my attention too. Finally, she grabbed the phone and tossed it away. Would serve the little prick right to have to listen to me getting the best
I'd ever got in my life. I sat up beneath her and wrapped my arms around her; whispering in her ear,”You are so beautiful.”

“Donnie.”She blushed.

“I've been waiting nearly twenty years to be with you Meg. I don't plan to waste a single minute of it.” Moving my lips to hers. There was hunger no doubt but it didn't feel like it. I detached the metal hooks and my hand slid upward; pushing the strap away as my lips brushed against her shoulder. Each one. I eased back onto the bed with her.

Her eyes met mine as I brushed the long blond curls away from her face. “Iwant to feel every part of you.”Our lips meeting yet again. I wanted to feel her skin against mine too. Holding her, I turned us back against the bed. Pulling my T-shirt off, I came back down over her. She'd taken the opportunity to toss her bra. I got a little nervous at that point. I mean we were consenting adults but I felt like that teenage boy that didn't know what to do once he'd won the prize. Her fingertips slid over my arms as I hovered there just taking her in.

“Donnie. Please make love to me.” She made it sound so easy.

It became that easy from then on. I don't think I left an inch of her body untouched by my lips. Wrapping my lips around her nipple; savoring the sound she made when I lightly tugged at the tight little nub. Her fingers tangling in my hair as I moved further down. She squirmed a little as my lips feathered over her stomach.”Ticklish?” I grinned. I'd apparently found a weak spot as she'd nodded her response. She'd worn a short jeans skirt that day so it made my life all that much easier. She lifted her hips and I slid it up over her legs. I ran my hand back down over the length of her legs; parting them as I came back down between them. I wanted to just take her right then and there but I didn't feel it would be right.

“Donnie.” Her voice came from above me.

“Yes?” I looked up.

“Just take me. I can't stand this anymore.”

“Are you sure?”

She nodded and I came up; her body still very much open to me. I felt her reach
down to assist me. I needed to be with her. No doubt. Once we managed to rid
me of my jeans and boxers. Just enough to get us there anyway; we finally
became one. I slowly moved inside her; just content to be there. The urgency
to have that part of each other had been filled. We could take our time now.
Slowly, I loved her. I leaned into kiss her as her legs wrapped around me.

Oh God....Yes!...Yes!...YES!”She cried as my body pushed deep into her.”Oh God!....That's..... I'm....I'm.....

“Fuck!” That was the last straw for us both. I'd never felt anything like it in my life. Never wanted to feel it with anybody but her ever again. The sweat of our bodies sealing us together. Her fingertips tips glided gently over my back as we just forgot the rest of the world existed that afternoon.


~END FLASHBACK~


I just wanted to hold her like that again. Know that she was still that much in love with me to forget the real world for a day. Roxy had changed that for me. Showed Meg a whole new world. A world she would have never even considered. Okay, I knew now she would have considered it but beyond that, that's all it would have ever been. I looked at the clock. Shit! I had to stop reminiscing and get my ass to the set.


We were shooting a street scene and I was taking a break; talking to the fans that had shown up at the location. Still amazed me that they could find this stuff out before I did sometimes. I was just finishing up with a polite young woman from the midwest when I heard that voice. That voice that was making my life a living hell.

“Got a minute Donnie?”

I couldn't ignore her because of the situation and she knew it.” What can I do for you?” I responded politely.

“I think it's actually what I can do for you.”She smirked.

Why? Why me?”Now is not the time Roxy.”

“I think now is the perfect time. Someplace we can go and talk?”

“Here is just fine.”

“Um, for what I'm about to tell you, I don't think you'll want it publicized.”

Fuck! I reluctantly escorted to the makeup trailer. This was not going to end well.