- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



A chapter for the weekend. Hopefully I'll have more on Tuesday. Have a good one and enjoy!


DONNIE


“It's about damn time!”We heard Sharon call from the living room. The world had become nonexistent for those few minutes we were trying to figure out how to solve the Roxy issue.

We both laughed and Meg looked at me.”I'll go get my stuff together, then we can go.”

“Sounds good.”

“Should only take a few minutes. I'll be back before you know it.”Kissing me before she headed for the room she'd been staying in.

All was right in the world again .Except for Roxy. We could deal with that though. We made it this far.

“You know she's right about Roxy.”Sharon commented after Meg was out of earshot.

“I know. But I also know that Roxy's not going to win this battle.”

“You sure about that Donnie because she had you pretty revved up earlier.”

“I've gone out of mind since this whole mess started. Thinking things I shouldn't be thinking. I love Meg.”

“But you're also a man. It's okay to have the thoughts. What you do with them is another thing.”

I lowered my voice and told her,” I actually thought about doing Roxy while she was....” I didn't want to go there ever again but there I was pouring my thoughts out to Sharon. Sharon was the only woman in the world I could be so frank with. “I'm a guy. I'm supposed to think that it's the shit that I could have what only half the men in the world actually get to do right?”

“No. That would make you just a guy. You're not just a guy. You never have been and honestly, I don't think Meg would willingly share you with anybody. Not even before she realized how sick and twisted her so called best friend really was.”

“True.”

“Let's face it. The only reason Meg has been so confused is because of her own parents. They almost split up over the same thing. Well not the same thing but her Mother came close to leaving her Dad for another man. She was only fourteen at the time.”

I leaned against the counter. We'd always been honest but with each other but now I was beginning to understand why she was so afraid she was going to lose me. Maybe that's why she never told me about that. I'd met them once but they seemed so together. So perfect. So ideal that that's where she formed her morality. Maybe even swore to herself that she would never hurt the man she intended to spend the rest of her life with? Another thing we needed to discuss. We'd been living under the same roof for three years now. Wasn't it about time to make it legal? Maybe I was the one holding back there. A little resistant to the idea of tying myself down but I shouldn't have been. Meg was the only woman I ever wanted to spend my life with. I knew that the minute I kissed her but I was too stupid at nineteen to realize that she was everything I would ever need to make me happy in life. She finished college and Kim came into my life. Not a mistake but Meg and I were together now.


“You mean she never told you?”

I shook my head negatively.

“Damn. I'm sorry. You guy share everything. I just assumed.....well, I guess that's the key word there.”

“It's okay Share. She is allowed to keep some things to herself.”

“But that's a big one.”

“Yeah but it's not a deal breaker. Just something we need to talk about is all.”

“So would you ever go through with it if she did say yes?” Returning to the subject of the suggested threesome.

“No. Because you're right. I'm not just any guy. I don't treat women that way.”

“I should have snatched you when I had the chance.”

“You never had a chance,”Meg commented as she reappeared in the kitchen.

“You're right but it would have been a lot of fun trying.”

“Funny.”

“So you ready to go beautiful?”I slipped my arm around her waist. It never felt more right than it did at that moment. We were going to make it.

“You better believe I am.”

“Ugh. You two are just sickening.”Sharon rolled her eyes as Meg kissed me like it was her last breath.

“I'll talk to you later and thanks,”Meg said as she gave her friend a hug.

“Let me take that.”I took the bag from her shoulder and we took off. She was coming home. Finally. I could sleep.


MEG


The door opened and he flipped the light switch on. Lumpy greeted me like I was his long lost friend. Donnie sat my bag on the floor and watched as I played with him. Same thing happened when Donnie brought me to his place for the first time. He'd fully intended on getting some that night but I fell in love with Lumpy immediately. He was my baby now too. I missed him just as much as I had missed Donnie. But the love factor was different. Lumpy kept me company when Donnie had those night shoots. I was so happy when he got the part but in all my excitement for him, I forgot that his schedule could keep him away from me too. After all, I wasn't just going to give up working. And he never expected it either. We had our weekends but even then we didn't get a lot of time. I looked up and saw Donnie smiling down at the pair of us. I was doing it again. Donnie was my man and here the dog was getting more attention. I returned his smile. I got up and slid my arms around his middle.” I missed you.”

“ Lord did I miss you.” His lips met mine. The way he made me tingle with just his kisses, I knew the whole girl thing was what it was. My midlife crisis. That kiss deepened and soon we were tugging at clothing. Lumpy pawed at Donnie's leg. He felt left out. Poor dog but I missed my man. Missed him making love to ME.”I think you're gonna have to fight him for your side of the bed.”Donnie informed me.

I looked down at him and he was giving me the face.”Unh uh. Daddy's all mine tonight. Sorry boy.”

“I'll take care of him and I'll be right in.”

I kissed him breathless and whispered in his ear,”I'll be the one wearing......”Leaving it open to suggestion. I turned, grabbed my bag and headed for the bedroom. I'd never seen Donnie get Lumpy set up so quickly. I didn't completely strip but I was down to the bare essentials. I wanted him to have something to unwrap. He stripped down to his boxers and climbed over me and looked into my eyes.

“I love you so much Meg. I'm never letting you get away. Ever, “he professed as he looked into my eyes. Softly kissing me; gradually turning the intensity up.

I loved the feel of his body but it felt like there was something missing between us. He tripped the front closure of my bra and pushed the material away. It was almost like we were trying too hard to get back to that happy place in our lives. That place where we were still in love. I felt his hand skim over my flesh and he pulled away. I knew it. That wedge was still there but I had to hear it from his lips.

He turned to meet my gaze; both of us lying flat on our backs. His fingers linked with mine.” I want to do this Meg. I really do but I can't. I just can't.”

“What is it Donnie?”I leaned up on my shoulder and looked down at him.

“I'm not sure you'll want to hear it.”

I'm pretty sure he was right but we needed to talk. Really talk. Something we hadn't done in ages. For such the fairytale romance, it wasn't turning out to have that happily ever after vibe.