- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Okay, this is the last chapter before Christmas so Merry Christmas to you all and I'll see you after the holiday. Enjoy!


She was right. What the fuck were we doing but before I could answer, her lips were on mine. Mouths connected, tongues twisting. It was amazing but it was wrong! I knew it the minute my hand went further south than it should have. That was the point she pulled away.

“What was that?!”

“I don't know! You were there too!”

“I know! Dammit! She's my best friend Donnie! How can I ever look at her again?!”

“How do you think I feel about this?! I swore I'd never do anything to break her heart and this would kill her.”

“I don't think we should tell her,”Sharon suggested.

I knew that was a bad idea. The whole Roxy thing had taught me one thing. She and I had to be more open to one another and when she got back, that's exactly how it was going to be.”I don't think that's such a good idea.”

“So you wanna tell her that while she was getting her shit together that you decided it was a good idea to mack on her best friend?!”

“It was a mistake Sharon! A fucking mistake!”

Sharon's cell phone went off at that exact minute and from the way she was looking at me, I knew it was Meg. She had that guilt written all over her face. She hit the speaker button and let me listen Guess that was supposed to help in raising my level of it right up there with hers.

“Hey lady! How you doing?”Meg greeted.

“I'm about ready to head to bed. What's up girlie?”

“Guess who's coming home?”

“Really? When?”

“I'm on my way as we speak. I'm seeing the country via Greyhound bus lines.”

She laughed nervously. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't leave without Meg knowing somebody had been listening to her conversation. I glared at Sharon. She'd done some low shit over the years but this was heading to the top of the list like a speeding bullet.


“Where are you now?” Sharon inquired.

“Tennessee or North Carolina. Not sure. I just know I'll be there in a few days. I have so much to tell you lady and most of all I can't wait to get home to Donnie. You've been taking good care of him for me haven't you?”

If she only knew the half of it. Now I felt like a real heel. How was I going to tell her about it?

“Sure have lady.”She replied quickly.

“Thank you. Would you tell him that I love him and I'll be home before he knows it.”

Sharon looked at me then answered,”You just did.”

“What?”I heard the surprise in her voice.

“I had a little get together tonight and he was just helping me clean up. I'll let you talk to him,”Sharon handed me the phone.

I glared at her but took the phone and said,”Hey baby! I've missed you so much. I can't wait to see you.”

“Me too. So is everything okay?”

“Yeah. Some guy just pissed her off tonight and we were talking about it. So a couple of days huh?” I diverted the subject back to her homecoming. It wasn't a lie. She just didn't need to know right now that I was that guy.

“ A couple of days. I miss you so much. I promise I'll never leave again.”

“I'm just glad you're coming home princess.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too gorgeous. I'll see you when you get here. Did you wanna talk to Sharon again?”

“Just tell her I'll talk to her after I get settled back at home okay?”

“You got it. See you soon.”

“See you.”

And with that we were done. After hitting the end call on the screen, I found Sharon. She was watching TV and not paying attention to me. I couldn't blame her but she did kiss me. I could have pushed her away but I think we were both compensating for the fact that we were missing somebody we loved and cared about but you can never tell a woman that. It's always your fault because you're the man. I tossed the phone at her and she looked up at me.


“I can't believe you lied to her!”

“I didn't lie to her. I left out the part about the guy being me.”

“I told you what I'd do if you ever hurt my friend.”

“Don't you dare! You were involved. Do you really think she's gonna react any differently if you tell her?! I don't. I'll tell her when I'm face to face with her but considering what she and I've been through, it's tame by comparison.” For the first time I think somebody actually made Sharon speechless. She knew I was right. “Goodnight!” I slammed her door. I couldn't wait for Meg to get home.